AAA discount question

yooperfan

Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go
First, do you have to have AAA insurance to join their club? Second, Does anyone know how much it runs? Third, will CRO tell you if AAA discounts are available for the dates you need even if they won't tell you the discounted price until you have the card? Thanks.

Hi! You don't need their insurance to join. According to my local AAA (MidAtlantic) it is approx. $67/year. I don't know that CRO will tell you, I usually just ask what discounts they have. It turned out that it was less expensive for me to get an AP & get that room rate since we are staying 10 days. AAA can have ok rates, and they have good prices on park hoppers, it might be good to just work out each set of numbers to see. Hope this helped!

Edited: You can go to AAA midatlantic website & click on travel on the top. There is a search at the bottom for you to put in dates to check availability (click on the hotel tab). From what I saw, this is just a sampling ...All Stars standard, $61.60; AKL deluxe, $289; POR standard $106.40. I didn't know when you were traveling, these were prices for the first week of Dec.

You don't need a AAA member number to do this. I don't have one...I used www.aaamidatlantic.com (my cookies keep bouncing me to this off of AAA main website, not sure what details are on that one)

Does AAA still give the Diamond parking passes when you get Hopper passes or rent a car from them?

We are renting a car on our next trip in February and will probably get it from AAA.

Thanks

We just joined AAA this past summer for around $36.00. It was an introductory offer that they sent us in the mail. I believe it was for new members. It wouldn't hurt to ask for this...The CM did ask for my AAA number when I actually made a reservation, but they don't require it to check AAA rates.

I called WDW to get a AA discount applied to my ressies. I got a 10% at CSR (not great, but better than nothing - basically paid for the tax). They did not ask for my card number, but I am sure I will have to show my card at check in.

Disney-Junkie

I was told this past Feb, that unless you book a package deal with AAA, you will not receive the Diamond parking pass. I bought my disney tickets there and inquired and my local office denied me the pass. You may want to check with your local office.

Motaei

Yes, you will have to show your AAA card when checking in. They will ask for it. I am sort of suprised that you were not asked to give your card number when making your ressies. They have asked for mine everytime. Oh well, it must depend on the cast memeber!!

:wave2:

I received in the mail last week a AAA mailler. It contained the temp. card if I joined. They were running a special if I joined I could add someone for free.

I decided to call CRO and ask what I would save if I joined. The lady was so helpful. We are staying at the Pop Century Dec 17 - 23.

I went from $518 for 6 days to $412. Saving $106. I do have to pay $47 to join. So I'm saving $59. I thought that was good savings. The is almost one night free.

Plus a great free travelers checks and maps. Good deal.

P.S. My son is on a traveling baseball team so it will come in handy with that as well.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

payless shoes 10% off
you can go into your local office and get movie tickets for about 1/2 off
discounts at other theme parks
admission discounts to lots of tourist places
clothes stores often have them, you just have to remember to ask. anywhere from 5 to 20% off
if you go to your office before you go on vacation you can buy tickets to places ahead of time and often save...baltimore acquarium we saved $5/ticket, but you can't once you get there
plus if you buy AAA plus don't forget free towing up to 100 miles if you have a problem (i've used this before it more than makes up for the cost of the card).
I always pay for my AAA Plus membership in the discounts every year regardless of whether I use it for a room discount at WDW (though this year I'm using it for pop century for 61.77/night in jan.)
My rule is always ask!

pogo123
i cant figure out how to get a quote from aaa for the poly conceirge for april 16-18 fri and sat. night. everytime i go to look , it keeps saying to put my e-adress in and for some reason its not going thru- because i am a aaa member, help:confused:

katrina1122 what do you pay, i pay i think 62.00 and im not consider aaa plus, i had to have my new van towed and it was more then 5 miles and aaa said i was only coverded for 5 miles and i had the dealer towed it and the dealer covered the tow because a eletrical problem, i didnt want to argue with aaa about it:confused:

wdwstar: not sure why it is doing that...I looked up the dates, for concierge lagoon view: $544.50/night (no concierge $454.50/night); concierge garden view: $463.50/night (no concierge $363.50/night). There is an 11.5% tax on top of these and I think an additional 10% agent fee also.

princess: pogo123

thank you . it doesnt sound like aaa giving a much of a discount, and i know thats peak season, but thank you anyways !

:sunny:

WDWstar

I have AAAplus and have had my car towed twice. Both times for more than 25 miles. Never paid a dime.

Was it towed more than 50 miles?

no, i think it was about 30 miles, give a few . i think i was told 2 or 3 dollars a mile after 5 miles. i was ust wondering what it cost for the plus memebership. the only time we use aaa if for the trip tix, the hotel state books, and once a long time ago when we ran out of gas going across the alligator alley. oh, travel checks.::MinnieMo

us for AAA Plus with my gov't employee group discount...ask your employer if they offer group discount rates rather than just signing up on your own. Otherwise our rate would be around 90 I think.

I think that the costs for membership may be different in different areas of the country. In MA it costs 45 to join as a new member. This is not for the plus membership. I am not sure how much more that one costs.

If you are planning to visit any of the Universal parks, note that they give a 10% AAA discount on everything - from admission to churros. The savings added up nicely for our family of 5. You just have to remember to bring your card with you.

Also note that each state/region cuts its own deal with Disney, so prices and ticket availablity may vary. We went to DLR this past March and I started calling our local AAA offices in early January...they kept saying that they had no park hoppers because they had not yet made their deal with Disney for 2003. When they STILL didn't have tickets by the end of January, I called a AAA toll free number in S.CA and go the tickets from there.

I'm in NY, think AAA costs me approx $70/year. We don't use it much, but DH & I commute 1 hr each way to work, so it's there for emergencies. However, it did get me 50% of rack rate (savings of about $1300) at the Dolphin for 2/27 - 3/6 (which is equal to the Entertainemnt Book rate). And I plan to use it for hopper passes for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter