• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA Diamond Parking?

DLR29

We create happiness
Anyone used the AAA diamond parking spots? Is it worth it to buy our tickets from AAA and get the pass? How long does it take to walk to the entrance at each park (or the TTC in MK's case) from these spots? :confused3

IT has been my experience that the best AAA parking is at AK, followed by MK, Epcot and MGM not worth mentioning. The key to getting the benefit of the AAA parking is to get to the park "early". There are only so many spots reserved and it's not alot. The AAA parking is usually always by the Handicapped with AAA being farther of course. My opnion, NOT WORTH IT if you have to pay for it.

The diamond spots are closer, I've never have a problem with parking. If you know were the gate is, sometimes it's faster to walk than take the tram. most times the tram is closer to your car, than AAA parking to the gate. Closer is't always faster. If your in the parking lot and see a large number of people walking towards the park, it may be quicker to follow, than wait for the tram.

We didn't like the parking at MK- no tram, at night it just seemed easier to get a tram than walk down that hill and all the way across the lot.

At our branch you have to book your trip not just buy park tickets, so keep that in mind because many branches have diff. rules.

The only park I know where they are is MK and it's a pretty far walk. I know this because they are next to the handicap spots and believe me it's a pretty good hike. My kids are in wheelchairs and it probably takes them longer to wheel to the tram drop off site then it does for someone to ride the tram from the regular spots.

I would never pay more for a package to get it. The parking is good, but it is just a parking pass. I found AAA a nuisance to cancel or change stuff, much prefer to do it on my own!

We used the passes in Dec for 9 days and it was well worth it.

We were traveling with a 2 yo so we had the stroller, diaper bag, etc. My wife and I both though it was best thing ever. Not having to try and get on the tram with a stroller, wait for the next tram, etc.

When we would leave the parks at night, there was always a line for the tram. We just walked to our car and left. The MK is probably the longest walk and that was only like 2 minutes. AK is steps from the entrace.

unless you are getting a better deal from disney I would use AAA and get the passes.

Does anyone have an AAA parking pass that they don't need anymore? We are heading to WDW in March,and found the pass useful in the past, but didnt get our tickets from AAA this time.
Thanks,
H

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter