AAA Diamond Parking Pass Question

alisonarod

Mouseketeer
My wife, kids and I will be renting a car and staying off Disney property this August. We plan to park at the Disney parks for 14 dollars per day. However, I would like to know how to obtain the AAA Diamond pass which would allow us to park closer to the entrances. I did not book our vacation through AAA but I hear that if you buy hopper passes thru AAA that you might get the diamond pass with the hopper passes. I plan on buying two adult 7 day hopper passes and one child 7 day hopper pass. Would that qualify? Please help:) Thank you.

Every AAA office is different. Our local office will only give it with a vacation package. There are no offices around us that will give it to you when you buy tickets. You just have to contact your area offices and see what their policies are. We have one every trip since we book our trips through AAA. We only use it at AK since we stay at the Epcot Resorts so we can walk to two parks and bus to MK. There is no guarantee that there will be room in the lot when you get there since there are only so many spots available. We have never had a problem but we always go knowing it may be full.

My wife, kids and I will be renting a car and staying off Disney property this August. We plan to park at the Disney parks for 14 dollars per day. However, I would like to know how to obtain the AAA Diamond pass which would allow us to park closer to the entrances. I did not book our vacation through AAA but I hear that if you buy hopper passes thru AAA that you might get the diamond pass with the hopper passes. I plan on buying two adult 7 day hopper passes and one child 7 day hopper pass. Would that qualify? Please help:) Thank you.

Yes, in MA you will get the pass for just buying the tickets. YOu can either purchase them online and indicate you want the parking pass or go to your local AAA office and ask for the pass. As PP indicated, all AAA clubs are different but AAASNE, which MA is a member of, gives the pass with just park ticket purchase.

They told me here that I could get the Diamond parking if I purchased at least 4 park passes. Which is great, since that is exactly what I needed!

Thank you guys. I went on the AAA website I initiated the park hopper ticket purchase but I didn't see an option to get the AAA Diamond pass. Where do they offer that option for me to check off? And do I need at least a 7 day pass to be eligible for the AAA parking ticket? Thanks guys? I appreciate your help:)

I had to call my local office. The website didn't have enough specific information about the parking.

Thank you guys. I went on the AAA website I initiated the park hopper ticket purchase but I didn't see an option to get the AAA Diamond pass. Where do they offer that option for me to check off? And do I need at least a 7 day pass to be eligible for the AAA parking ticket? Thanks guys? I appreciate your help:)

Since you are from MA, I am going to guess you are on the Southern New England AAA site. I just chose 1 day day ticket and the following product info appears:

Product Information
Pricing for Walt Disney World 3 Day Tickets. Adult ages 10+ years. Child ages 3-9 years old. Additional options available including Park Hopper, Water Park, and No Expiration. AAA Diamond parking passes available. View ticket details.

Tickets and options are nontransferable and expire 14 days after first use of ticket. Tickets and options are non-refundable, non-upgradable and non-exchangable. Disney/AAA are not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced tickets. Tickets must be purchased at AAA Southern New England to secure listed price. Prices include tax and are subject to change.

If you add the ticket(s) to your basket, you would put a AAA Diamond Parking Pass requested in the Additional Comments box and then they would send it to you. I have always just gone in person as there is an office near my work.

Hope that helps. I found the pass EXTREMELY helpful when I had the stroller and small children.

There are several sellers on Ebay who sell the Parking Passes too!

The passes are nontransferable so that is against policy. I would never suggest buying them on ebay. Some have gone to having the name and dates of the guests visit to stop that abuse.

We had a Black Diamond parking pass one year and ended up using it only once. As it turned out, the AAA parking area was still a little bit of a hike to the main doors -- not bad mind you, but it was still a walk. Without the passes, no matter where we parked, we were able to just hop on a shuttle that dropped us off right at the front gates. The AAA parking area does not have shuttle service.

As a family, we decided we'd rather just take the quick shuttle right to the gate and save our feet for the park walking. We never ever had to wait for a shuttle. They were always right there when we got out of the car.

There are several sellers on Ebay who sell the Parking Passes too!
Anyone selling AAA parking passes on eBay is in violation of AAA policy. They have clearly stated that these passes are not for sale and are non-transferable. So, if you choose to buy one on eBay, you also are in violation.

I realize that there are those who feel that the AAA parking area is wonderful. I have been with someone who has legally used one..and she always has one in hand. And while it is a bit closer to the park entrances, it isn't as if it's 10 steps away.

I live in OH and went and got my Diamond pass yesterday. I had to buy 1 park pass with at least 3 days on it. I bought 1, 5 day non-hopper pass. Leaving Monday, Yeah...:goodvibes

If you have AAA office close by, I'd go there and buy the tickets that way they will give you the pass right then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter