• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA Diamond Cards?

kpea

Earning My Ears
Hi!

We are booking our trip to Disneyland in April through AAA, which offers a "AAA Diamond Card" along with the vacation package. They are pretty vague about what this actually offers, I've only been told "10-20% off at certain Disney locations."

Has anyone ever used one of these before? Are they pretty good for discounts on food in the parks?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thank you!

In Florida in the past you got free up close parking included. I don't remember much else.

Hi!

We are booking our trip to Disneyland in April through AAA, which offers a "AAA Diamond Card" along with the vacation package. They are pretty vague about what this actually offers, I've only been told "10-20% off at certain Disney locations."

Has anyone ever used one of these before? Are they pretty good for discounts on food in the parks?

Thank you!

It has been years since I had one but I remember it was like 10% at WOD and maybe small discounts at obscure places to eat. You can use your regular AAA card for a discount at Earl of Sandwich of I think 10%. The biggest plus with the diamond card is the up close parking but even that is not always the best because the tram doesn't pick up so you walk from there to the park. I think if you have kids in a stroller it is easier to put them in the stroller and walk them to the park like that rather than getting them and the stroller on the tram. HTH Maybe someone who has used it recently knows if anything has changed.

The AAA Diamond Pass was for VIP parking, which was very close, but NOT free.

The AAA Diamond Pass was for VIP parking, which was very close, but NOT free.

If you stay onsite or have an AP parking is free if not you do pay to park and then get to park in the VIP section for AAA diamond.

Hi!

Thank you!
I know I never used mine at DL but I also had an AP which gave me just as good/better discounts.
Ok from 2013 DL AAA book:
20% on park tours
10% on disney photopass prints purchused before 3p at kingswell camera shop or main st phot suppy
Cafe Renee Buy a crepe get a funnel cake with powdered sugar free.
Catal REst. & uva bar 10% on food not including alcohol
earl of sand: 10% off purchuse
espn zone 20% off rest tab excludes tax, graturity, alcohol
haagen dazs 10% off purchuse
house of blues 20% rest. purchuse and retail
jamba juice 10% off purchase
la brea bakery: 10% off food items w 10$ purchase
marcelines conf 10% off pur 20.00 or more
naples ristorante e pizza: 10% off food excludes Napolini
rainforest: one free kids meal per card w adult entree pur.
Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen: 10% of max $ 40.0 for dine inand express rest.
Tortillas JOes 10% off purexcept alcohol
wetzels buy 2 get 1 free
SHOPPING:
Fossil: 10% off total purchase excludes repair, shippingsale, gift cards
House of blues 20% retail
Kamans Art Complmentry upgrade see location for details includes face painting, letter brush art, Caricatures
Lil mis matched 15% of single pur 25 or more pretax
pearl factory:
one fre pearl bearing oyster w pur 14 k gold setting starting at 29.99
***********: 15% off entire pur excludes hard goods, sale, gc
rainbow factory: 10% off pur
riddermatz:5.00 off ride of 25.00 or more
something sliver: 10% off pur excludes kameleon
sunglass icon: 10% off pur excludes oakly, maui jim other exclusion may apply
sunscape eyewear: 10% off pur
wod 10% off pur 75 or more pretax on select items

I know I never used mine at DL but I also had an AP which gave me just as good/better discounts.
Ok from 2013 DL AAA book:
20% on park tours
10% on disney photopass prints purchused before 3p at kingswell camera shop or main st phot suppy
Cafe Renee Buy a crepe get a funnel cake with powdered sugar free.
Catal REst. & uva bar 10% on food not including alcohol
earl of sand: 10% off purchuse
espn zone 20% off rest tab excludes tax, graturity, alcohol
haagen dazs 10% off purchuse
house of blues 20% rest. purchuse and retail
jamba juice 10% off purchase
la brea bakery: 10% off food items w 10$ purchase
marcelines conf 10% off pur 20.00 or more
naples ristorante e pizza: 10% off food excludes Napolini
rainforest: one free kids meal per card w adult entree pur.
Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen: 10% of max $ 40.0 for dine inand express rest.
Tortillas JOes 10% off purexcept alcohol
wetzels buy 2 get 1 free
SHOPPING:
Fossil: 10% off total purchase excludes repair, shippingsale, gift cards
House of blues 20% retail
Kamans Art Complmentry upgrade see location for details includes face painting, letter brush art, Caricatures
Lil mis matched 15% of single pur 25 or more pretax
pearl factory:
one fre pearl bearing oyster w pur 14 k gold setting starting at 29.99
***********: 15% off entire pur excludes hard goods, sale, gc
rainbow factory: 10% off pur
riddermatz:5.00 off ride of 25.00 or more
something sliver: 10% off pur excludes kameleon
sunglass icon: 10% off pur excludes oakly, maui jim other exclusion may apply
sunscape eyewear: 10% off pur
wod 10% off pur 75 or more pretax on select items

wow thanks so much that's really helpful! :)

Do you have to book a package or can you get it with room only res???

Thanks
THe goodies I listed come with any booking done thru AAA office but I think techinally mean a package although I got with room only.

It is suppose to be with a package but I know I have read that many have also gotten it with a room only. I think it just depends on the office and or agent you go through.

Hi!

Thank you!

If you can I would book with AAA by the end of this month. Janurary is Disney month and they give a special gift to those booking a package. Last year it was a special lithograph. In years past some of the gifts they gave are: a 20 page photobook from photopass that you created yourself, a disney suitcase, a disney snowglobe. For trips taking place in the next few months you get an additional gift. If I recall correctly it is a giftcard depending on what package you book. It is different depending on if you are booking Disneyland or Disney World.

If you can I would book with AAA by the end of this month. Janurary is Disney month and they give a special gift to those booking a package. Last year it was a special lithograph. In years past some of the gifts they gave are: a 20 page photobook from photopass that you created yourself, a disney suitcase, a disney snowglobe. For trips taking place in the next few months you get an additional gift. If I recall correctly it is a giftcard depending on what package you book. It is different depending on if you are booking Disneyland or Disney World.

I was told I'd get 25.00 GC and was suspossed to get music CD but I didn't.

Thanks! Yes we booked through AAA and were going to get a $25 gift card, until they told us you have to travel by the end of March to receive it, and we are going in April. Oh well! Still excited!

Thanks! Yes we booked through AAA and were going to get a $25 gift card, until they told us you have to travel by the end of March to receive it, and we are going in April. Oh well! Still excited!
news to me I'm traveling in May and always was

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter