AAA Dec. 30 into Jan.??

Macscave

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been able to apply the AAA discount for 2009 to a reservation that starts the end of Dec. 2008 and ends in Jan. 2009? We are going Dec. 30 to Jan. 7. our AAA TA was told that we would have to split our reservations...one for Dec and one for Jan. This would mess with the park passes and the dining plan.?? :confused3 :confused: :eek:

I haven't done it, but I don't understand why you would have to make 2 reservations. The rates may change from day to day, but you should be able to make one reservation to cover the entire vacation.

I thought so to. Problem is I can't call Disney directly an talk to them about it, cause I was told that AAA "owns" the reservation! If they own it, why do I have to pay for it.:crazy: Our AAA TA said that she called her AAA Disney supervisor and was told it would have to be split, then park pass would be a different rates, etc...too complicated. We told her to not do anything just yet. Hoping to find more out here. If you any suggestions, please reply!!

::MinnieMo :earsboy: :smickey: :donald: :dumbo:

I'm thinking that this actually sounds right because there are no AAA discounts during Holiday season, and although your reservation starts in Holiday season there is no discount for the nights in Value season because there were no valid rates available when you booked.

You will need to do the math to see what you are paying for the room as of January 1. I have a Dec 28-Jan 5 ressie at the Contemporary and although I have holiday rates for Dec 28-31, the room rate (on the package) dropped on Jan 1 even before 2009 rates came out. I'm not changing anything because it is a really good rate.

I believe what you have been told is correct, including that AAA owns the res. It would not even matter if you paid for the entire reservation in full. They own it. You are a AAA client, and AAA is who booked it. Even though it was on your behalf.
That just goes with the territory of booking through any travel agent.

My DH spoke to a really helpful Disney reservations, he told him that it is a limitation of their system that doesn't allow them to do it any other way. The biggest draw back to it is that with the dining plan it would be applied at each check in, so if you don't completely use it up on the first part of your stay, you loose what you haven't used when you re-check in. The first day there we never completely use all the dining credits. We save them and use them on the day before we check out when we go to the Hoop-Dee-Do Review. It is too much of a hassle to split. The other draw back to it is the higher admission charged, can't get a 7 day pass. Would have to get a 2 day & a 5 day. We will pray for alittle Disney magic to come our way in the form of a code, or free park hoppers for January...anything to help with cost. We like to go at the beginning of Dec., but my oldest DD is a senior this year and is taking dual credits. She just can't missing any class time this year. If any one hears of special offers for January please let us know! My TA and I'll keep watch also!!

:dumbo: :donald: :mickeyjum :tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter