AAA Club rate or SS regular???? Help me decide please!

pixeegrl

DIS Veteran
Ok, as of know we have a SS standard room rate the week of Christmas for $259 a night (club level rate would bump us to $347)-booked through Loews... or AAA rate of $300 for club. My question is how many of you think it is worth the extra $41 a day for club? I know we would loose any upgrade privileges by using AAA too. We will be there for 4 nights. How many of you eat breakfast, go back for lunch, and then evening snacks and drinks or do most of you just eat outside the hotel-or in their restaurants? Hope that made sense to everyone!:confused3

you are entitled to your Loews first priveleges with AAA, but not sure ,but i think if you book club level not sure there is any suite upgrades there.

You would have to choose...AAA with club or Loews with upgrade. One thing to remember is that the upgrade is not guaranteed so you may or may not be upgraded to a suite. On the other hand, club level might be worth it, especially is you are traveling with family and kids. We've done the club level rooms (which are standard). With kids, it's so easy to go to the club for breakfast, especially when you think what you would pay for breakfast for a family of 5. You also get unlimited water and soft drinks so you can load up on water to take with you. We never did lunch. The evening drinks and snacks were really relaxing, good selection, lots of games to play, movies to rent,etc.

Thanks! We have 3 boys so breakfast wouldn't be cheap. I'm guessing it will be cheaper as long as we utilize all the food and drinks! LOL!

You would have to choose...AAA with club or Loews with upgrade. One thing to remember is that the upgrade is not guaranteed so you may or may not be upgraded to a suite. .

This is not true for plat members. If you book as soon as the rates are avail, you just have to call and tell them you want the AAA (be sure you know what that rate is, some of the preservationist try to pull one over on you... lol) with the Loews first plat upgrade to the king suite. Easy as pie.

OP, the $49 a night for club is well worth it if you
1)eat breakfast
2)like to drink :)

Did you ever book your room for Christmas? I'm going 12-27-1-1-09 and now Loew's is saying that I don't have club level for the AAA rate which was the same as what they told you. Do you know what the rate was called for the AAA $300 price. They are telling my agent that the price is only for deluxe not club level.

Ok, as of know we have a SS standard room rate the week of Christmas for $259 a night (club level rate would bump us to $347)-booked through Loews... or AAA rate of $300 for club. My question is how many of you think it is worth the extra $41 a day for club? I know we would loose any upgrade privileges by using AAA too. We will be there for 4 nights. How many of you eat breakfast, go back for lunch, and then evening snacks and drinks or do most of you just eat outside the hotel-or in their restaurants? Hope that made sense to everyone!:confused3

What level Loews are you? Are you platinum, so you would be giving up a suite for club?

With 2 boys, I would book the AAA rate for club through Loews reservations. That way you get the best of both worlds; you will get your Loews perks plus you will get the AAA rate for club.

We are just blue and went with AAA Standard for $226. I figured we won't know what we're missing the first time we go. Maybe next time we will stay club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter