AAA 5% offer

CharacterFan

Will stop in walkways for characters
I was wondering and looking for more information about the extra 5% AAA is offering starting Saturday. Since the not so huge deal came out and doesn't work for me.

Thanks.

I just booked through AAA....Where did you see this additional 5% off?:confused3 I'll take every penny I can:)

I just booked through AAA....Where did you see this additional 5% off?:confused3 I'll take every penny I can:)

People were talking about it in the Jan 2009 code watch thread in mist of all this talk of the "huge" deal. As much as I've gathered it was to be a new reservation booked this coming Saturday. I was just looking for more information.

Do you have a AAA travel agent that knows Disney really well?? My old one was not up to speed. I cancelled & re-booked myself. We are traveling Dec. 30 - Jan. 7. can't stay any longer, so new codes do me no good. May go back to AAA if I can find one that knows Disney alittle better. Can you PM with info.:) Is that allowed?? I'm still new at posting...I like to sit back & watch mostly.

Do you have a AAA travel agent that knows Disney really well?? My old one was not up to speed. I cancelled & re-booked myself. We are traveling Dec. 30 - Jan. 7. can't stay any longer, so new codes do me no good. May go back to AAA if I can find one that knows Disney alittle better. Can you PM with info.:) Is that allowed?? I'm still new at posting...I like to sit back & watch mostly.

I've never used a travel agent. I don't like not being the one who calls and makes the arrangements. It would have to be a big discount for me to consider using a TA of any sort. nothing bad to any out there. I just like to have my notebook and do things on my own.

That me, too. That's why I cancelled the ressies with AAA & booked my own. We have two rooms for our family, so if no discounts are offered for our Dec. 30th check in time, maybe I should let go & get a AAA discount, since it may be the only savings available. I have made all of our dining ressies already. Wish I knew what the savings would be with the extra 5%.

Me too. I think I'll call AAA on Saturday to see how much my trip will cost.

I am in the process of trying to get that extra 5% -- I have not booked yet though and my AAA TA told me that she cannot book and then rebook to get that rate -- it is only for new reservations. She is checking to see if she can get a reservation cued up today for Saturday because the office is closed on Saturday. Will let you know what I find out later today - I am expecting her to call or email back to me by noon or so.

Lauren

I'm interested in this offer as we currently hold a ressie during April spring break with a AAA discount. I booked it thru disney, though. I'm curious to hear if someone has any further information on this offer, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

I'm interested in this offer as we currently hold a ressie during April spring break with a AAA discount. I booked it thru disney, though. I'm curious to hear if someone has any further information on this offer, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

:thumbsup2 Me, too. We're going in April and I have a room-only reservation. I am hoping for more than the AAA discount that I have right now.

Are there more details about when/what the extra offer is or will be?

I am in the process of trying to get that extra 5% -- I have not booked yet though and my AAA TA told me that she cannot book and then rebook to get that rate -- it is only for new reservations. She is checking to see if she can get a reservation cued up today for Saturday because the office is closed on Saturday. Will let you know what I find out later today - I am expecting her to call or email back to me by noon or so.

Lauren

I also e-mailed my AAA agent. I'll be watching to see if you found anything out. Last year when AAA had their Disney AAA month, I qualified for a $25 gift card even though I had booked 3 months before. Hear's hoping:thumbsup2

I don't know if she is right or not, but my travel agent just quoted me a price for CBR for five nights that she says includes the extra 5%. (total of 25% off) She said the code was JCH and it was good for travel between Jan 4 and Feb. 12. She is going to book it today for me.

Here is a quote from the Jan thread. I did talk to AAA about this and the below confirms what the TA told me.

AAA Vacations® Walt Disney World® Resort
Add an additional 5% savings to the 2009 AAA Disney Magic Moments® savings at Disney Moderate Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
20% + 5% = 25% savings for travel January 4 – February 12
10% + 5% = 15% savings for travel February 16 – March 14, 2009.
Must be booked and deposited Nov 8 - 22, 2008

So can anyone confirm that this is for new ressies only, or can you apply this to an existing ressie? And will it have to be booked through AAA, or can Disney apply the new discount?

ETA-I guess your quote answered the first part since it says "must be booked and deposited 11/8-11/22." Guess new ressies only.

Here is a quote from the Jan thread. I did talk to AAA about this and the below confirms what the TA told me.

So, from this quote, it looks like it doesn't include April, 2009.

Does anyone know for sure?

(the "Deal" said April was blacked-out, but it really wasn't)

I would much rather have a good room-only reservation since we're doing a split-stay and the deal doesn't help with that at all.

So, are ANY AAA offices open today...ya know, THE DAY THE SALE STARTS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am wondering if we can apply the 25% to our 4/3 deal! I doubt it....but would be cool.

I don't know if she is right or not, but my travel agent just quoted me a price for CBR for five nights that she says includes the extra 5%. (total of 25% off) She said the code was JCH and it was good for travel between Jan 4 and Feb. 12. She is going to book it today for me.

Is the extra 5% discount apply if you are using the Buy 4 get 3 free promo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter