A YOLO Adventure: Royal Graduation Celebration! TRIP VIDEO! UPDATED 9/24/14 !!!

I'm here. I have loved reading all the past YOLO tr. I am looking forward to my own graduation trip in 2 years!!!!

Me and the wife stayed at POR in 1996. Back then it was known as Dixie Landings. Such a beautiful resort. But ain't they all? Been a while since I've been to Downtown Disney. Eaten at Wolfgang's a couple of times, but that was a few trips ago. That spaghetti bologese looks like some mighty good eating. I told the wife we may have to venture there on our next trip. The Tower of Terror has become one of my favorite rides, although I usually have to ride solo. The better half won't go near it. Too chicken. Nice that you got four rides. I once got three in a row on Big Thunder Mt. Thanks for that planking photo. It doesn't top your planking of Roy Disney, but I suspect that one will stand at the top of the planking annals for a long, long time. Looking forward to the next installment.

Joining in! :cool1: I finally just finished reading Sam's report from your cruise trip! Can't wait to hear about this one and congrats on graduating!! :goodvibes

I'm in! Love the YOLO trip reports! I've tried to keep up with Sam's TR's but I kind of became more of a lurker, but I've read all of them, so I feel like I already know you kind of haha! Can't wait to read more! Love the POR Royal rooms, I stayed in one a couple of years ago and it was perfect! :thumbsup2

YAY! So excited for another YOLO gang TR. I have loved every one of Alicia's and Sam's TRs that they have written, so I'm very much looking forward to getting this trip from your perspective, Brittany!

I guess I am one of the few that is new to your TRs!

Excited to follow along since our trip dates were similar (May 22-31) and because I actually remember seeing you guys at the 24 hour day! Your Toy Story outfits were super cute! :thumbsup2

Subbing - I enjoy your crew's Trip Reports and look forward to reading about your new adventures on this trip and in the DCP!

Not my first time reading a Yolo trip report, but it's my first time replying! Can't wait to hear all about it! Congrats on graduating!:dancer:

That new Magical Express video just doesn't compare. I couldn't watch it either as much as I tried, and my husband fell asleep after a few minutes of it! It just didn't seem magical at all! It felt more like a big ol' advertisement (even though I know the older one was an ad too).

I absolutely agree with this!! We were just there in August and it was the old video, I couldn't believe that in May it was a new video and I was out of the loop! It couldn't really hold my attention.

So glad to see the YOLO bunch back together for another Disney vacation. I've read Sam's other YOLO trip reports and I feel like I know all you you. I can't wait to hear about this one as well. Congratulations on your graduation!

Oooh, this looks like a fun one! I'll be following along! :)

It definitely was so much fun! Glad to have you aboard.

That new Magical Express video just doesn't compare. I couldn't watch it either as much as I tried, and my husband fell asleep after a few minutes of it! It just didn't seem magical at all! It felt more like a big ol' advertisement (even though I know the older one was an ad too).

Yum, the food looks delicious! We finally tried WPE on our last trip, and we have been craving it since then! Too bad I can't get that locally or I'd be cooking dinner at home a lot less, haha.

It really doesn't. I was disappointed when I saw it, and you're right it doesn't give you that excited feeling of being on vacation. I had never had WPE before this trip either because I was always skeptical, but after having that flatbread I am sure it will be a trip must have from now on!

Congratulations to the YOLO bunch!

Thank you! We are all excited!

I'm here. I have loved reading all the past YOLO tr. I am looking forward to my own graduation trip in 2 years!!!!

That is exciting! We planned this one far in advance and it was so nice to be looking forward to both graduation and an upcoming Disney trip.

I'm so excited for another TR from y'all! :banana:

YAY!

Me and the wife stayed at POR in 1996. Back then it was known as Dixie Landings. Such a beautiful resort. But ain't they all? Been a while since I've been to Downtown Disney. Eaten at Wolfgang's a couple of times, but that was a few trips ago. That spaghetti bologese looks like some mighty good eating. I told the wife we may have to venture there on our next trip. The Tower of Terror has become one of my favorite rides, although I usually have to ride solo. The better half won't go near it. Too chicken. Nice that you got four rides. I once got three in a row on Big Thunder Mt. Thanks for that planking photo. It doesn't top your planking of Roy Disney, but I suspect that one will stand at the top of the planking annals for a long, long time. Looking forward to the next installment.

Yes, my parents first took me to Dixie Landings when I was a wee tot and have been there a few times under that name. It is our favorite resort. We even have a couple mugs that are red with Dixie Landings on it back when they were the big mugs. My mom is a huge spaghetti bolognese fan and she definitely would recommend it from WPE, as would I! We also have big plans for planking in the works.

Joining in! :cool1: I finally just finished reading Sam's report from your cruise trip! Can't wait to hear about this one and congrats on graduating!! :goodvibes

Thanks! The cruise trip is definitely one of my favorite ever, but any trip to Disney is an adventure for us!

I'm in! Love the YOLO trip reports! I've tried to keep up with Sam's TR's but I kind of became more of a lurker, but I've read all of them, so I feel like I already know you kind of haha! Can't wait to read more! Love the POR Royal rooms, I stayed in one a couple of years ago and it was perfect! :thumbsup2

They really are so perfect. Thanks for reading the YOLO, no more lurking for you!

YAY! So excited for another YOLO gang TR. I have loved every one of Alicia's and Sam's TRs that they have written, so I'm very much looking forward to getting this trip from your perspective, Brittany!

I am too! I've been wanting to join in the fun. Plus we all see things a little differently.

I guess I am one of the few that is new to your TRs!

Excited to follow along since our trip dates were similar (May 22-31) and because I actually remember seeing you guys at the 24 hour day! Your Toy Story outfits were super cute! :thumbsup2

Welcome and Thank you! That's so crazy! We ended up seeing people over and over again because the costumes make you so recognizable and easy to spot. We probably saw you too!

Subbing - I enjoy your crew's Trip Reports and look forward to reading about your new adventures on this trip and in the DCP!

Thank you! I can't even imagine the different things we will end up doing in the fall. I am super excited!

Not my first time reading a Yolo trip report, but it's my first time replying! Can't wait to hear all about it! Congrats on graduating!:dancer:

Yay for commenting and Thank you!

I absolutely agree with this!! We were just there in August and it was the old video, I couldn't believe that in May it was a new video and I was out of the loop! It couldn't really hold my attention.

It was so boring and a lack of Disney magic. Eh at least its just the ride from the airport.

:yay:

So glad to see the YOLO bunch back together for another Disney vacation. I've read Sam's other YOLO trip reports and I feel like I know all you you. I can't wait to hear about this one as well. Congratulations on your graduation!

That's wonderful! Thank you! We really do miss each other when we are apart and can't wait to live so close in the fall.

Yay for 4 trips in a row on ToT! That really is the best!

Yes it is! And the long trips in between back through the line help give some space for that falling feeling. Although I wish we could see them ghosts more than just once.

The Backside of Water

The next morning, we woke up at around 9 and got our stuff ready for the day. Sam was up before me, but this isn’t surprising. I am always the slow poke! Eternally late for everything. We decided we would meet up with my parents, and Alicia and Randy later in the day. Sam and I walked to the bus stop and found a huge line waiting for us. Nobody was fitting on that next bus because a) who doesn’t love the Magic Kingdom? And 2) the bus stops at Riverside always get jipped because the buses stop at French Quarter first. So the buses are always half full by the time they get to Riverside and there are more people at the larger side of the resort! So we decided to park it on a bench and talked about Sam playing the viola in school. I’m still learning new things about that girl! We then snagged a seat on the next bus. We made the short trip to the MK, just the two of us. When we got there we were taking in the scenery.

Entering the Magic Kingdom, is like coming back home.
IMG_9333.jpg

The spring trolley show was going in so we stopped to watch. The only reason we knew it was the spring show was because the trolley had a sign that said ‘Spring.’

Trolleyshow.jpg

As we made our way down main street we stepped into the confectionary to smell those delicious treats and take in that nice AC. It just smells like sugar and Disney and happiness all rolled into one! We walked towards the castle without a mission because everyone was meeting us later. We were just wandering. So we decided to head for the Jungle Cruise because I am a big fan. I think the skippers are just so funny! They make it more than a ride, its an experience. That is why it is included in my dream job list as a cast member.

adventureland.jpg

We were heading there when we heard the castle music for the Dream Along with Mickey. HOLD UP! STOP EVERYTHING! The moment we heard the first note we gave each other a look that decided that we would hurry and run back to the castle to watch the show! And I mean we literally ran back across the bridge. We grabbed a front row standing spot. My eyes teared at the sight of the magic.

So this is love
So this is what makes life devine
I'm all a-glow
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine

Dreamalong.jpg

A pirates life is a wonderful life
For open over the sea
Give me a career as a buccaneer
It's the life of a pirate for me!
Oh, the life of a pirate for me.

Dreamalong2.jpg

Listen well!
You see my friends the time has come, to bring my gift, my wish to you.
Starting today this kingdom will change to the place
Where nightmares come true!

maleficient.jpg

Any dream is possible
Wishes do come true
You can reach the stars if you just believe
Share the magic in your heart
There's nothing you can't do
Oh anything is possible
So find the dream inside of you!

dreamalong4.jpg

After we watched the show, we were back on a mission for some Jungle Cruise. We saw it was a 35 min wait but we waited anyways because really what was the rush? We admired all the small children in line, as we daycare teachers do, and the jungle explorer materials on the walls and in the queue area.

Ladies and Gentleman, I'd like to remind you that cutting in line will not be tolerated here at the World Famous Jungle Cruise.

Junglecruise6.jpg

That's right...there is to be no cutting in line.

Junglecruise2.jpg

Anyone caught with scissors will be ejected from the queue.

Junglecruise3.jpg

junglecruise7.jpg

We listened to the funny jokes on the loud speaker and really reveled in the cool air from the fans. It was HOT. We had a funny skipper who would repeat the funny/dumb lines until we laughed. Which in turn made us really laugh.

Bye everyone! See you in about 3 weeks!
Junglecruise.jpg

Cute, Sam.
junglecruiseselfie.jpg

My personal favorite joke is when we go behind the waterfall. This is the backside of Schweitzer Falls, named for the backside of the famous explorer, Dr. Albert Falls. Backside of water! :rotfl2:

After we took a wild trip through the jungle and met up with Alicia and Randy waiting for us outside. We walked through Adventureland and passed Jasmine and Aladdin hanging out in Agrabah. Then we checked wait times for our favorite mountains. They were all too long for our liking. So we went for a ride on the Haunted Mansion. On the way there we took a peek at the Columbia harbor house menu because I had been wanting to try the lobster roll. We said we'd ask my parents later what they wanted because Randy and Alish were also thinking about Tortuga for burritos. We got to Haunted Mansion and found a suitable waiting time.

That’s what we like to see!

hm20.jpg

As we waited we took some selfies.

hmselfie.jpg

Actually we looked at our phones :rolleyes1

Here we go.
hauntedmanionselfie.jpg

While we were waiting we saw a grandma (just guessing!) on Tom Sawyer island trying her hardest to successfully cross the barrel bridge! We decided to commentate the event and that gave us a good laugh. The whole thing looked a little rough, and took a little while with some kids racing past her, but don’t worry folks she made it!

We had to go through the stand by line and play with all the things in the cemetery. No time to hop in with Master Gracey!

mastergracey.jpg

We did play some lovely music though.

hauntedmansion.jpg

And check the twitter.

randyhm.jpg

We went inside and Alish ran to the door because there were a lot of people! We got on those doom buggies two by two and enjoyed it very much!

After Haunted Mansion, we decided to go on Mickeys Philharmagic because it would be a rest for us and also not a long line. Also because my parents would be meeting us soon for lunch and this would take up some time. Once we got there I was honored with the red card once again. I must look pretty red card worthy because for some reason I end up with it more often then not, although Sam is also a suitable red card receiver as well sometimes. What a pleasure!

redcard.jpg

Except this time things went terribly wrong…

philarmagic.jpg

Since it was not a ‘ride’ I could not figure out who to give it to once inside! I looked for the cms but I was already trapped in the middle seats with a crowd all around me. So no accurate wait times outside for you people! I tried to find someone else outside after, but I could not. Then alish told me to keep it and Sam secretly but not so secretly stuck it in my bag.

photo4.jpg

Free souvenir!
photo3.jpg

It remains a treasure in my room now. Someday I will hand it back in and the wait time will be outrageous.

After this debacle we waited for my parents behind the castle.
We decided it was a good time to test our strengths while we waited.

Nice update! :thumbsup2 Dream Along with Mickey makes me cry too pixiedust: I love the idea of you keeping the time card and taking it back next trip! :rotfl: Sam looked so much like a naughty child when she snuck it in your bag.

I know what you mean when you say "home". As soon as we enter Disney property I always tell my wife,"We're home". And I still get a bit teary eyed when I enter the Magic Kingdom and see the castle. Glad to hear grandma made it across the barrel bridge. I may be old and I may be bent but I can cross the barrels where the young folks went. With apologies to Warren Zevon. You know we all have a purpose for being on this earth and yours apparently is to carry that red card. Quite a high calling. I do hope the "theft" of said red card will not result in long lines at the grocery store or extra time spent in the fast food lines. Of course when you pal around with someone who gets busted for attempting to take a deadly weapon (a comb) into the Magic Kingdom you tend to take up their bad habits. And speaking of the Jungle Cruise, I haven't been on that ride for the last 2 or 3 trips. It was closed one time, but I don't know why I missed it the other times. A senior moment maybe?

Nice update! :thumbsup2 Dream Along with Mickey makes me cry too pixiedust: I love the idea of you keeping the time card and taking it back next trip! :rotfl: Sam looked so much like a naughty child when she snuck it in your bag.

I just can't help myself the tears just come. We are both bad children!

I know what you mean when you say "home". As soon as we enter Disney property I always tell my wife,"We're home". And I still get a bit teary eyed when I enter the Magic Kingdom and see the castle. Glad to hear grandma made it across the barrel bridge. I may be old and I may be bent but I can cross the barrels where the young folks went. With apologies to Warren Zevon. You know we all have a purpose for being on this earth and yours apparently is to carry that red card. Quite a high calling. I do hope the "theft" of said red card will not result in long lines at the grocery store or extra time spent in the fast food lines. Of course when you pal around with someone who gets busted for attempting to take a deadly weapon (a comb) into the Magic Kingdom you tend to take up their bad habits. And speaking of the Jungle Cruise, I haven't been on that ride for the last 2 or 3 trips. It was closed one time, but I don't know why I missed it the other times. A senior moment maybe?

Those barrels are tough for me so I understand her pain. You must make it back on the Jungle Cruise next time. It is quite enjoyable. Also, Sam and I are rebels, what can I say.

Mickey to Mickey!

After the card debacle was sorted neatly into my backpack, we waited for my parents behind the castle. We decided to try our strengths at the sword in the stone. No such luck for us, but we look pretty good trying!

My struggle:
swordme.jpg

Samantha:
swordsam.jpg

Randy:
swordandy.jpg

Alicia handling the situation:
swordalish.jpg

Turns out that we were not the chosen ones unfortunately. Then we took some classy pics with the fancy camera. This was a reoccurring theme for this trip.

Casual.

castlenotclassy.jpg

Oh hello photobombing princesses!

castlenotclassy2.jpg

Classy 1.

castleclassy.jpg

Sassy 1.

castleclasst.jpg

We went into Sir Mickey and looked at the sassy princess shirts and Beautiful make up to pass the time. It was again a very hot and sweaty day so we were always up for looking at the merch and enjoying the AC.

sirmickey.jpg

Somehow Alicia broke her glasses!? We were contemplating what to do next when Alicia popped the lens out of her new sunglasses. The sunglasses I wear on every Disney trip are my prized $5 possession so I could understand why she would be so upset!

Poor Lish.
alishglasses.jpg

By then I called my parents and they were stuck behind Move it Shake it Celebrate it, and could not get to us. They also did not know the secret, but not really so secret, shortcut around the castle. So we cut around the castle to meet them at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments. Since it was so hot Dad decided it was a good time to apply sunscreen to my shoulders. Thanks Dad, you're the man. We all decided that it was time to fill our bellies since it had been like 3 hours since my last pop tart. Disney time is often measured in the time between meals for us. It was unanimous to go to Columbia Harbor House (yay for me!). We briefly separated from Randy and Alish because we have the dining plan and they do not. I ordered for all of us and tapped Mickey to Mickey to use our dining plan credits! The Mickey turned greened and I punched in my secret password. This was mostly because I was the only one that could remember my pin at this point. Most of us, including myself, had trouble with Mickey to Mickey at some times because it is hard to match up the Mickeys when you cannot see the back of your Magic band.

I got my lobster roll finally! Mom and Dad also got the lobster roll.
lobsterroll.jpg

Lemon slushes for all of us on this hot day
lemonade.jpg

And this delicious blueberry cobbler!
blueberrycobbler.jpg

Chicken fingers for Sam.
ChickennugsCHH.jpg

Chicken fingers for Alish and fish sticks for Randy, but no pictures for you. Randy also got water and used Arizona flavor drops to mask that nasty Florida water. The meal was well worth the anticipation. I would definitely go back for the lobster roll and especially for that cobbler. I couldn't stop myself, I ate the whole thing.

After lunch we headed for Pirates because of our fastpasses. Alish and randy departed for Thunder, since they had fastpasses for that, and then to work for Alish. Once we got there we headed for the Fastpass+ line. We chose either the left or right Fastpass+ pole, and touched our Mickey to Mickey for the first time for Fastpass+ at Pirates. The Mickey on the pole circles white until it recognizes your fastpass+ and then glows bright green. Glowing bright blue means no riding for you. It was pretty magical how fast the line went (although I am still a fan of the instant gratification of getting straight on a ride).

Looks like I’m out of the family! Lucky Sam.
pirates.jpg

After pirates mom saw Jack Sparrow outside doing a show and just had to stand outside to watch. She’s in love… with Johnny Depp. It was actually pretty funny. He made the kids do funny things and helped them by saying their "lines" for them. Jack made all the kids come up and get treasure maps and let them talk to him. One kid even told him he was 4 and Jack said “that's nice.” :rotfl2: After relocating Dad, he likes to wander instead of staying put, we got into contact with Andy who said he wanted to join us to watch the newest Disney sensation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter