• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~A XMAS STORY~decorations, crowds, pixies..AND A BLOODY NOSE~ACTUAL UPDATE 11/9 p190

Sherman looks quite comfy! My 2 dogs LOVE our heated mattress pad! I think they love anything warm. Cool poster!

I LOVE that poster! I always see it when we're down there and think about how much I love it :laughing: It looks great in your office. Is that a home office?? It looks so nice!

just a non-update for you. i e-mailed the place where i send my videotapes off to get them converted to DVD and they said they were sent in the mail to me yesterday, so i should have them soon. when i get those, i can continue with my TR! the next installment will have video so i have to wait on those.

i also have to share this with you all. when i went to disney world with erica in september, i bought an 11x14 print of the walt disney "vision" poster that i've been wanting for so long. i finally got around to buying a frame for it and hanging it in my office.....

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

in case you can't tell, the quote on the bottom (in blue) says, "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

i just love this picture! there's something about it that makes me smile. :goodvibes here is where i have it hanging in my office - right above my head!

DSC00023.jpg

oh, and this is worth sharing, too. i took this picture a few minutes ago. i have a space heater under my desk and apparently sherman is fond of it too! i can't believe his nose isn't on fire! :laughing:

DSC00029.jpg

Awww, I love that picture!! Where did you buy it? It looks really good!!

Aww, poor Sherman!! He must have been cold!!! :hug:

I love the Walt picture. I haven't ever seen it before. It looks great in your office. Sherman is so cute. I'm sure he appreciates you putting that heater there just for him. :laughing:

LOVE the Walt picture.........it really looks great in your office! :thumbsup2 I've never seen that one before! Sherman is way too cute in front of the heater. One of my dogs always stands in front of our heater too and pants the whole time. You'd think she'd get the picture that standing in front of it makes her too hot, but nope! :lmao:

another season of american idol has started!!! let the obsessing begin. :happytv:

gimme a break - i don't watch much TV. AI, so you think you can dance, big brother and jon & kate plus 8 are my guilty pleasures.

oh, and they're playing coldplay right now. that rocks.

I've seen that Walt picture before! It looks great hanging up!

Aw sherman....poor doggie must've been cold! I know I am! It's 1 degree here! :eek:

thanks! 1 degree???? yikes!!! the high here saturday is supposed to be 11 and that's WAY colder than what i'm used to.

OH, to be a dog! :cloud9: Our Trixie loves to lay right in front of the fireplace when my DH comes home for lunch and turns it on. She loves being warm! :love:

sherman and eli both love that heater and our fireplace but i've never seen his nose touching it like that!

Had tocomment on"Crimson Tide" DSIL is from Alabama and a big Tide fan !! DGS has his bedroom in Alabama and Crimson Tide !!Not what you'd call the Norm up her in the North!!

i was disappointed they didn't win that last game, but they had a great season!

Okay I am now u to Page 20 !! Have to dosome work around here then I wil be back to knoc off a few more pages !! Great review , am loving it !!

thanks! wow - you're going fast! i've only gotten a few updates up. i'm taking my time because we're not going back for awhile and i figure something's got to tide me over. :rotfl:

I like that picture of walt with the castle, and your dog looks cute all curled up with the heater. Linda :)

thanks! he's my baby!

Sherman looks quite comfy! My 2 dogs LOVE our heated mattress pad! I think they love anything warm. Cool poster!

he was! he's such a big lazy bum - he's asleep next to me on the couch right now!

I LOVE that poster! I always see it when we're down there and think about how much I love it :laughing: It looks great in your office. Is that a home office?? It looks so nice!

thanks! yep, that's my office at home. i'm a court reporter and so i work from home when i'm not in court or at a deposition. that's actually our 3rd bedroom. so if/when i get pregnant that will become the baby's room and i'll move my office upstairs to our bonus room. we have to keep the other guest bedroom because i have family from out of town and i like to have a place for them to sleep. :)

Awww, I love that picture!! Where did you buy it? It looks really good!!

Aww, poor Sherman!! He must have been cold!!! :hug:

thanks! i got it at the art of disney store on main street at MK. i've also seen them at the art of disney store at DTD. it was cold in the house today so i'm sure he was!

I love the Walt picture. I haven't ever seen it before. It looks great in your office. Sherman is so cute. I'm sure he appreciates you putting that heater there just for him. :laughing:

thanks! it's really one of my favorites - i just love the meaning behind it. sherman is my baby and he knows i'd do anything for him!

LOVE the Walt picture.........it really looks great in your office! :thumbsup2 I've never seen that one before! Sherman is way too cute in front of the heater. One of my dogs always stands in front of our heater too and pants the whole time. You'd think she'd get the picture that standing in front of it makes her too hot, but nope! :lmao:

thanks! yeah, i saw that on our first trip and i've been wanting it ever since. doggies are so funny! i don't know what we'd do without them.

We just finished watching it... been a long time since I laughed that hard. These nights get old... but fun after a long break to see American Idol back.

I love the paint color in there, it's so bright. And :lmao: about American Idol, I was just posting about it in my PTR! I loved season 1, was obsessed with season 2, hated seasons 3, 4, 5, and 6 and then LOVED season 7. David Cook, Michael Johns and Jason Castro were my FAVORITES. I loved Kelly but every other season I rooted for someone who didn't win! I've seen a bunch of past idols in Broadway shows though and they're all so talented, it's so cool to get to watch these people get discovered on TV!

We just finished watching it... been a long time since I laughed that hard. These nights get old... but fun after a long break to see American Idol back.

i love the first few shows when they show all the ridiculous people. you know those people are asking to be laughed at, so i don't feel bad! :laughing:

I love the paint color in there, it's so bright. And :lmao: about American Idol, I was just posting about it in my PTR! I loved season 1, was obsessed with season 2, hated seasons 3, 4, 5, and 6 and then LOVED season 7. David Cook, Michael Johns and Jason Castro were my FAVORITES. I loved Kelly but every other season I rooted for someone who didn't win! I've seen a bunch of past idols in Broadway shows though and they're all so talented, it's so cool to get to watch these people get discovered on TV!

green has always been my favorite color so i decided to go with that! it's nice and cheery. i've been an AI fan since the beginning, too. kelly remains my favorite idol. that was my favorite season and i'm so glad she won! she is just really talented. i like carrie underwood too but i'm not really into country music so i don't really follow her all that much. and last year i was SO happy that david cook won - i loved him! i don't know if you remember or not but there was a girl on season two that got third place - kimberly locke. she was on celebrity fit club, too, although i didn't really watch that. i went to high school with her. she was two years behind me and had a crush on my best friends boyfriend! :rotfl: it was really neat to follow her and root for her!

green has always been my favorite color so i decided to go with that! it's nice and cheery. i've been an AI fan since the beginning, too. kelly remains my favorite idol. that was my favorite season and i'm so glad she won! she is just really talented. i like carrie underwood too but i'm not really into country music so i don't really follow her all that much. and last year i was SO happy that david cook won - i loved him! i don't know if you remember or not but there was a girl on season two that got third place - kimberly locke. she was on celebrity fit club, too, although i didn't really watch that. i went to high school with her. she was two years behind me and had a crush on my best friends boyfriend! :rotfl: it was really neat to follow her and root for her!

Of course I remember Kimberley! She was so good. I was in love with Clay that season and convinced we'd be married within a few years (oh lord... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:) so I went to the tour all three nights they were in the area and she sounded amazing! That's so cool that you went to school with her :thumbsup2

I can't wait for Kelly's new stuff to come out. She has such an awesome voice but she's disappeared these past few years! I think her new CD comes out in March.

kimberly locke. she was on celebrity fit club, too, although i didn't really watch that. i went to high school with her. she was two years behind me and had a crush on my best friends boyfriend! :rotfl: it was really neat to follow her and root for her!

That is so cool Dawn!

so as i was uploading all the pictures for my next installment, i figured out i could break it up into two because i had 78 pictures set aside for it! :scared1: so i will continue writing until we get to the point where ray started videotaping, then in a few days i'll hopefully have our DVDs so i can continue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

after our VERY yummy and entertaining dinner at teppan edo, we came out of the restaurant and it was starting to get dark. it was almost 6:00 at this point. we stood outside the restaurant for a minute talking and they started to light up the buildings - i was able to catch a picture of the lights. for some reason they were flashing them on and off randomly.

01-3.jpg

we decided to go look around that HUGE store in japan because anna wanted to see if she could find a teapot she liked. ray found a friend on the way....

02-3.jpg

this store is so ginormous! but i love looking around in there. ray and chris were very happy looking at all the anime stuff. they love all that! we watched the pick a pearl ladies for a minute. here she is drumming away!

03-3.jpg

pick a pearl????

04-3.jpg

when we finally dragged the boys away from the store we went outside and the drummers were starting. it was pretty dark by then so i didn't get very good pics....

05-3.jpg

anna was carrying luke around and he was getting heavy so chris decided to go get a stroller from the international gateway entrance. while he went over there we took more pictures of world showcase at night!

06-3.jpg

07-3.jpg

08-3.jpg

09-3.jpg

by this time it was around 6:20. do you remember how we really wanted to see the santas in world showcase? well, that's pretty much impossible to do if you have a dinner ADR there! most of them stop their storytelling by like 7:00 and so i knew it was a lost cause. you really need two days to do epcot and get everything in, especially at christmas time. oh, well! another thing to add to the list of "we'll do that next time." so far on this trip that makes 2 of those: kitchen sink and holiday storytellers. not too bad so far! i've seen worse. :laughing:

we decided to go on over to morocco. anna wanted to go back through the countries they'd rushed through on the way to japan. remember - she's never been to epcot before, at least not as an adult. luke had woken up by then and she, ray and luke all had to go to the restroom, so i told them i was gonna get a drink and meet them back at the restrooms.

i got in line at a kiosk in morocco and got a sultan's colada....

10-3.jpg

i had heard good things about it and wanted to try one! well, the way they have this kiosk set up, the guy making the drinks is standing WAY up high and so i had to kind of reach to give him the money and get my drink. somehow in doing that i tipped over the drink a little bit and got sticky frozen alcohol all over my hands. nice! :headache: i don't know why they have that kiosk set up so high! thank goodness for the fresh wipes in the backpack!

so in that mess i forgot to take a picture of the drink. sorry! it was really good though! i could really taste the almond liquer in it and it was awesome.

i also got 2 pieces of pistachio baklava at this kiosk. yum!!!!

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29658940&postcount=413

i went back to the where the restrooms are and i couldn't find ray and anna ANYWHERE! i did get a picture of mo-rockin while i was looking. we didn't stop to watch them but they were sounding really good!

11-3.jpg

while i was looking, my phone rang and it was chris on his way back to meet us with the stroller. so i met him in front of the tangerine cafe and we found a table to sit at while we waited on one of them to call us. finally ray called and said they were back at the kidcot area. so i led chris back there and we met up with them.

12-3.jpg

luke had made a mask!

13-3.jpg

we then left morrocco and headed towards france. we stopped at the famous frozen slushie kiosk and ray got a orange grand marnier slushie and chris got a lemon grey goose one. i was still nursing my colada so i didn't get one. chris LOVED that grey goose - he talked about it all week! :laughing:

i love these pictures! i'm pretty sure anna took both of them. i can't decide which one i like better!

14-3.jpg

15-2.jpg

i think france is my second-favorite pavilion next to morocco. i just think it's so pretty!

16-3.jpg

17-3.jpg

the stroller was a hit with luke and chris and anna ended up getting one every day for the rest of the trip. oh, and i have to say that disney strollers ROCK! i'm a big sister and have pushed many strollers in my life and these are awesome. they're very light and easy to maneuver. :thumbsup2

18-3.jpg

onward we go to england. i had to make a pit stop at the restroom so chris and ray decided to continue their drinking around the world by getting a black and tan at the rose and crown. they ended up having to go inside because the outside stand didn't have them. here they are with their black and tan mustaches! i think ray dipped his nose in it, too! :rolleyes:

19-3.jpg

great - now he smells like beer! :lmao:

20-3.jpg

taking a stroll through england.....

21-3.jpg

as we came into canada, off kilter was playing. i think we stopped for a minute to watch them but then kept going.

22-2.jpg

okay....i have to stop here because this is where we saw the christmas tree and ray started filming. hopefully i'll have my video soon so i can continue! :goodvibes

well, the way they have this kiosk set up, the guy making the drinks is standing WAY up high and so i had to kind of reach to give him the money and get my drink. somehow in doing that i tipped over the drink a little bit and got sticky frozen alcohol all over my hands. nice! :headache: i don't know why they have that kiosk set up so high! thank goodness for the fresh wipes in the backpack!

Well then...now I know I'm never getting a drink from there! I'm too freakin' short!:laughing:

That Sultan's Colata sounds so good! Was it like a Pina Colata?? Love all the WS pics!

Love all the night shots. I like the first fountain pic the best. You guys seem like you'd be so much fun to hang with at Disney.

I totally agree. It's a multi day thing if you want to do all the holiday stuff in WS. I went two times and still missed a lot of stuff!

I wonder why they kept flipping the lights on and off? :confused3

great update and pics.

I always thought i had a Moroccantini but maybe it was the moroccanrita. either way it was good.

I will what you had next time.

I totally agree about having two (OR MORE!) days in Epcot. We only went for one and I only got to see two of the countries in WS. Oh well I'll be back. ;)

Oh and you said you watch American Idol .. that "deep voiced guy" cracked me up!

Oh, I remember my Sultan's Colada so well -- I just loved it! Can't wait to get another one this summer!

Those night pictures of France are beautiful! Was it cold that night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter