• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Wonderful Winter Escape to the Islands of the Polynesian [full of cheerleaders!]

NYTiz

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! This is my first Trip Report so hopefully I do everything right :goodvibes !
Here's our family:
photopass.jpg

My mom and dad started planning this trip in September. They kept it a secret from us kids until Christmas morning. Boy was that a morning! My parents had expected me to start screaming and jumping up and down (and the same from my sister) For my brother, they expected him to be happy, but not to show that much of emotion. Well... they didnt know how to surprise us. Their original idea was to have a scavenger hunt which would give us clues. But after thinking about it, they decided to buy each of the kids a t-shirt from the disney store and give it to us, and then give us an envelope saying that we were going to Disney, our meals and meal times, and what park on each day. So, I opened the letter and just looked it at, not reading anything off of it, and started hysterical crying (of course I was extremly happy.. tears of joy :laughing: ). I gave it to my sister and she started reading it out loud and then was screaming and jumping up and down. My brother's reaction:"I DONT WANT TO GO!". None of us knew what he was thinking.
From that day it was 42 days and those days went VERY fast.

Arrived at the Polynesian late Thursday night. We walked in and what was the first thing we saw?
DSC06139.jpg

a hidden mickey :)

We were originally booked for a garden view with a request to be in Tokelau. We were first placed in the building Aotearoa. My mom and I did A LOT of research about this hotel and had never really even heard of that, so she asked if there was anything else. We were put in Tahiti. We didn't know what view it was but didnt really care b/c we were happy to be close to TTC. We got to the room. Turns out we got UPGRADED! We were on the first floor! Lagoon view! AND WE COULD SEE THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!! It was SO pretty! We were flipping out! then ran outside and just stared at the Magic Kingdom. When we were coming back in, my brother didnt realize the glass door was closed (it was dark and you couldnt even tell). He ran into the door. He had a bump on his head but it wasnt bad. Thinking back now it was actually pretty funny.:rolleyes1

DSC06143.jpg

DSC06150.jpg

DSC06153.jpg

DSC06155.jpg

We were starving! So we headed over to Captain Cooks. The walk to GCH was about 3-4 mins. It was SO COLD out that first night! We ate dinner and went back to the room, took showers, and went to bed.

NEXT UP: MAGIC KINGDOM

What a great present!
You're poor brother! That picture looks sad!

Can't wait for more!

Okay, so Friday was our first full day and we were spending it at the Magic Kingdom. We had checked in at night and were totally amazed when we woke up and saw the scenery from our room. I'm posting pictures of the views from our room. Anyway, we took the monorail over to the MK and were thrilled to see that the crowds were low (our last trip was last year, week before Easter and it was very crowded!). Walking into the MK felt like coming home - I just love it there. We stopped in at the Emporium for some sunglasses and were off to the bakery for a little breakfast. We ate outside and took in the sights. After breakfast, we were off to Toon Town and Tomorrowland. My brother got to ride his favorite ride (the Speedway), we also hit Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Mickey's Philharmagic was closed that day for renovation, but was opening the next day. Usually, when we go, we run around the park from Splash Mountain then across the park to Peter Pan, then back to another part of the park. But, this time, we were smart and really concentrated on each area. Being that the crowds were low, it was easy to do and much less stressful. We were able to get on every ride we wanted and only had to fast pass Peter Pan and Big Thunder. We ate lunch at Pinnochio Village Haus and watched the parade from Frontier Land.

here are some pictures from the day so far :)
OUR VIEW:
P2070065.jpg

P2070067.jpg

P2070068.jpg

P2070069.jpg

P2070070.jpg

Magic Kingdom:
DSC06174.jpg

DSC06175.jpg

DSC06182.jpg

DSC06184.jpg

DSC06190.jpg

(i took this while we were on the barnstormer, when you're going into the barn)
DSC06195.jpg

DSC06199.jpg

DSC06204.jpg

DSC06209.jpg

DSC06212.jpg

DSC06216.jpg

DSC06230.jpg

P2060012.jpg

DSC06242.jpg

up next: magic kingdom part 2!

So we got lunch at Pinnochio's Village Haus and it was very good! I just love Disney's chicken fingers:love: . After lunch we headed over to more of Fantasyland. We got on Cinderella's Carousel and then went to take a look at the line for Ariel. It was 60 minutes and that line always takes forever so we decided to skip it. We still had to wait a little longer for the fastpass fo Peter Pan so we let my brother and sister play in the little water play area.
DSC06249.jpg

DSC06254.jpg

After a few minutes we headed over to Peter Pan. I sat with my brother and sister and my parents sat behind us. My brother thinks it's so funny when the croc is about to eat him so it makes me laugh when he's laughing alot :rotfl2: . We had already done Pooh and Small World before lunch so we had finished Fantasyland! We knew there was a new parade so we decided to go by Frontierland to watch. We got a spot and my dad went to go get fastpass for Splash. On his way back he picked us up Mickey Bars but didnt make it across the street in time to give them to us. So we had to wait for the parade to be over to eat them.

P2060026.jpg

P2060027.jpg

P2060038.jpg

They updated the parade for the new celebration and it was really cute. I was so happy when Goofy waved at me :goofy: . He's my favorite ;) . And Cinderella and Belle waved to my sister so she was very happy too. :thumbsup2 When the parade was over, we ate the Mickey Bars before heading over to Splash Mountain. Here is a shocker: MY BROTHER WENT ON! My brother is 5 and kind of a scaredy-cat. When he told us he was going to go on we didn't believe him. BUT HE DID! We are all very proud! (keep in mind he says he's never going on again:rotfl: ) He loved the inside and all of the characters and the song. But when we were going up the hill to the big drop he kept saying to my dad "COVER MY EARS!" "COVER MY EYES!". It was very cute ;) I love the view you get on Splash.
DSC06261.jpg

I think it's very pretty.
P2060039.jpg

So while we were on Splash my mom got us fastpass for Big Thunder. While we waited for that we went to Pirates. That ride is so cool. I think the actual look of the rides in Disney are amazing. I sat with my dad and sister and my mom and brother sat behind us. He was scared :laughing: . But now he talks about how he likes it so I dont know if he likes it of not :confused3 . Outside of Pirates they have a ring carving booth. Ever since last year I wanted to get a ring from there. And this year I did! Its very pretty and im very happy I got it.
We went back to Big thunder but my dad and brother didn't go on because once again... my brother was too scared :headache: . He'll come around soon LOL. So my mom, sister, and I went on and got close to the back. (back row IS the best) That's my moms favorite ride so she was happy she got on. After BT we went back to Adventureland and went on the Magic Carpets.
P2060041.jpg

We ended with that ride that day and then headed out of the Kingdom to go to dinner at Chef Mickeys.

UP NEXT: DINNER @ CHEF MICKEY!

Great start! And :cool1: on the room upgrade!!!! Love the pic of your brother in Minnie's house - he does NOT look too happy to be there! :rotfl2:

Wonderful pictures! Wonderful view! :love:

You guys seem to have a really great time together! Keep up the good work! Love Chef Mickey's!! :banana:

Sara

Great TR count me in loving all the pics:goodvibes . Congrats on the Poly. upgrade:yay:

Our day at the Magic Kingdom was amazing. We had dinner at Chef Mickey @ 7:10. We got there at around 6:30 and checked in. We took our picture and they told us to wait in the new waiting area until our buzzer went off. My brother and mom went to the bathroom thinking that they would have time since we were early. So my dad, sister, and I went to sit down. We were literally sitting for about a minute and our buzzer went off. We were so surprised and thought it was wrong but it wasn't. So we were talking to the woman at the desk while we were waiting for my mom and brother. They got back and we were seated and right away Minnie was there.
P2060048.jpg

After Minnie left we went to go get food. Disney has AMAZING mashed potatoes! After we got back Goofy came! Hes my favorite :goofy:
P2060052.jpg

then Mickey
P2060055.jpg

then Donald
P2060057.jpg

and last was Pluto
P2060058.jpg

Chef Mickey is a very fun meal. I love when they make you wave the napkins LOL.
DSC06274.jpg

Chef Mickey is a very good dinner to go to on your first night there because it really gets you into the spirit of Disney. Plus the food is really good:lovestruc .
So after dinner we headed back to the POLY on the monorail. We thought maybe we could get back in time to see the fireworks because they were going to start any minute. While we were on the monorail they started! So we got to watch part of it in the monorail and then the rest at the TTC. They play the music for it there and everything. Disney has amazing fireworks but watching at the Magic Kingdom and then leaving after that is a mess. So watching it from the TTC wasn't bad at all because you could see everything perfect, it wasnt crowded at all, and you can still hear the music to go along. It was a very good way to end our first night. Except, after we got back to the hotel we decided we would watch the EWP. But we went outside a little too late to see the whole thing. It didn't really bother us that we didnt see it all since we knew we would see it again. My mom went back inside because she was cold and so did my sister. My dad stayed out to look at the moon (? yeahh I don't know why but he likes to do that LOL) so me and my brother were on our way back in. My brother started running in and I noticed the door was closed again! I tried to call out to him that it was closed and started running too, but once again he ran into it. But this time instead of us all being mad we were laughing because the way he landed into the door it was like one of the old cartoons when Goofy would run into a wall or something. It was very funny and even he found it a little funny. Its one of the things we still laugh at and tease him about :rotfl2: . He'll say "I'm going outside" and I'll just say "Don't run into the door!". :lmao:

UP NEXT: DHS PART 1!!

Alrighty! We went to DHS this day :cool1: . My mom was determined to get on Toy Story Mania. She read on different websites that you have to go there first if you want to get on. So she said that she was gunna head over there and we would just have to keep up.
We got to the TTC and our bus for DHS was there! We hopped right on and we headed to the park. We were all really excited. Can't you tell?
P2070072.jpg

We got to the park and the first thing we saw when we walked in was
DSC06305.jpg

So we got in and my brother had to make a pit stop for the bathroom. My dad took him and my sister, mom and I headed for Toy Story Mania. I took some pictures along the way.
DSC06306.jpg

DSC06309.jpg

DSC06312.jpg

DSC06315.jpg

DSC06317.jpg

DSC06321.jpg

We got to the FP area and the times were already for 3:15! So it was a good thing my mom got them when she did ;) My sister and I were craving Rockin' RollerCoaster. So we decided to meet up with the guys over there. The line was 30 minutes but really only took about 25. (and that was the longest we had to wait for a ride the entire trip!!!!!)
DSC06327.jpg

We had gone on this ride for the first time last trip but even though my sister loved it last time she was still very worried. But me and my dad were trying to make her not worried. Needless to say when she got off she wanted to do it again! (and so did I) But we didn't get to go on it after that :guilty: . My brother and mom skipped that ride and got popcorn popcorn:: and my brother was very bored and wanted to do something he would like. So we went to the new Playhouse Disney show! It was very cute. But after you see it once you don't need to again, so we probably won't be stopping there anymore.
DSC06333.jpg

DSC06335.jpg

DSC06342.jpg

DSC06345.jpg

My brother and dad decided to go on Star Tours while my mom, sister and I saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid. My sister didnt like getting wet but the show is very good for us Ariel fans. After Ariel we went to meet the guys who were watching the Jeti Training by the Star Tours ride. We stopped by and looked through the door at the American Idol Experience. For those who watch the show is really does look like the real stage!
DSC06362.jpg

DSC06363.jpg

DSC06380.jpg

P2070088.jpg

DSC06367.jpg

DSC06368.jpg

For lunch we went to Pizza Planet and played video games :woohoo: . They have good pizza there but the service is a tad bit slower then the other places. But if you're tired of having chicken fingers and french fries everyday, its worth it!
DSC06375.jpg

We hadn't been able to see the parade last time we were at DHS because the new one wasn't open yet and we were dying to see it because friends of ours who saw it in Disneyland said it was really good! But we had a good amount of time before the parade. So we headed over to One Man's Dream for a while and looked around in there.

Will we make it out of One Man's Dream in time to see the Parade and go on Toy Story Mania??
NEXT UP: DHS PART 2

You're doing a great job! :goodvibes The Studios pictures are really great!

Waiting for more...popcorn:: popcorn::

Sara

SO.... we had time left after lunch to go do one more thing before the parade. I really wanted to go into One Man's Dream so we decided to go in there. That attraction is amazing (for me at least). Walt Disney is my hero so to walk through and to see all about his life and all of the amazing things hes done was incredible. We spent a while in there... about a half hour.
P2070089.jpg

DSC06383.jpg

DSC06387.jpg

DSC06398.jpg

P2070092.jpg

DSC06436.jpg

DSC06442.jpg

There's a movie that runs about 15 minutes every 20 minutes I think. I really wanted to see it but I also wanted to see the parade. So my brother, sister, mom and I skipped the movie and my dad decided to stay and watch. So we left and got a spot for the parade. The parade was a lot of fun! It's very interactive and different then the other parades in Disney. They come out by the entrance of DHS and go down the street by the hat. I thought that they would move and we would see all of the floats with the characters. But instead you stay with the float thats in front of you for about 15 minutes and then they travel down to their next spot. So we had the toy story characters which was the first float. When it was over and the other floats passed was the only time we could see the characters from Monsters Inc. and Bugs Life.
DSC06449.jpg

DSC06457.jpg

DSC06458.jpg

DSC06465.jpg

My brother and sister really liked the parade and did everything the green army man asked the crowd to do, like screaming and jumping. After the parade we met my dad and finally went to Toy Story Mania! The fastpasses were sold out for the day and had been since about noon! The stand-by line was 80 minutes! That ride is EXTREMELY popular so the best idea is to get to DHS early and go there first! The ride is totally worth it! It was SO much fun! It was in 3D :3dglasses and it's like you're inside of a video game. In one of the sections you have to pop balloons with darts. When you pop some of them they "fly around" and you can actually FEEL the balloon coming at you and hitting you in the head! It was amazing!
DSC06381.jpg

DSC06485.jpg

DSC06492.jpg

So after we got off Toy Story Mania, we decided to head back to the hotel to look around since it was out first stay at the POLY. The hotel is absolutely beautiful!
NEXT UP: THE HOTEL PICS & DINNER @ 1900 PARK FARE WITH CINDERELLA!

Oooh, looking forward to 1900PF pics - we just ate here in NOvember, and it's my favorite character meal!

Oooh, looking forward to 1900PF pics - we just ate here in NOvember, and it's my favorite character meal!

hey thanks for the good review :goodvibes . Im writing this from my moms username even though I have my own, but im 14 so sometimes its harder to get to the computer to write. This week I softball tryouts so it will be even harder to post, but I promise I will post those pictures for you! (its one of our favorites too :rotfl: )

It looks you had a wonderful trip, great report coming here. All of the pics are awesome. Looking forward in hearing more from you.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

Hey everyone!! Sorry I haven't posted in the past few days. If you don't know already I'm 14 and I play softball... and this week is softball tryouts at my school and I have class night (there like little skits and dances that we do in out school where all the grades compete) rehersals all week! But tonight is a free night for me! :cool1: . Of course thats not THAT great because this morning I had to wake up at 5:15 to get ready to get to my shool by 6am to have tryouts in our gym this morning :eek: . Not too fun! But anyway, I;m back and here we go!

So we went back to our hotel because we finished our day @ DHS and we were dying to look around our hotel because we've never stayed there before and wanted to see everything! So we went out by the pool. Unfortunately, we never got to actually go in the pool this trip. We didn't really have all that much extra time, plus it was a little cold out. But we walked around the pool area and inside the GCH and by the beach. This resort is absolutely beautiful. I don't think I'm ging to be able to stay anywhere else LOL! Here are a bunch of pictures that I took:
P2070104.jpg

DSC06511.jpg

DSC06514.jpg

DSC06515.jpg

DSC06520.jpg

DSC06524.jpg

DSC06532.jpg

DSC06536.jpg

DSC06548.jpg

DSC06550.jpg

(I think this picture is so beautiful. and if you can see the man walking on the beach... yeahh thats my dad :laughing: )
DSC06557.jpg

DSC06562.jpg

(from out hotel room, we were waiting for the fireworks from the stage show. its really cool b/c we could hear the music and stuff from our hotel.)
DSC06600.jpg

So after exploring for a bit, we went over to the GF for dinner with Cinderella and friends :woohoo: . This dinner is SO much fun! The characters REALLY get into character! Plus the food is awesome! So first we met Prince Charming.
P2070120.jpg

Then Cinderella came. I love Cinderella, although my favorite princess is Belle. My sister loves Cinderella. My brother... well you can judge for youself...
P2070122.jpg

P2070123.jpg

Then came the evil stepmother, or Lady Trumaine. My brother, was TERRIFIED of her. She really knows how to make kids listen!! My brother didn't want to take a picture with anyone, and she said "MATTHEW LETS GO! STAND HERE" I don't think I've ever seen him that scared before! He looked at my dad and then looked at the step mother and ran to where she told him to go. We have it on video camera. It really is worthy of America's Funniest Home Videos!
P2070124.jpg

P2070125.jpg

Then came the step sisters. Well, last time we came, they put on a "show" where they sang their song from the movie Sing Sweet Nightengale. We got it on tape and it is VERY funny and we watch it alot when we need a good laugh. So Dresella comes over and my dad asks if shes going to sing because it was ME AND MY SISTERS favorite, which it is, but he was the one who was talking about it the whole time. So, Dresella called over Annistasia and they made ME sing! THAT WAS EMBARASSING! But its something I'll never forget! LOL. and sorry, I dont have the video, so unfortunately, I can't make a complete fool out of myself online :rolleyes1 . (BTW, my brother liked these two MUCH better)
P2070127.jpg

P2070129.jpg

So after dinner, we headed back to our hotel and went to bed. The next morning we were going to EPCOT! It was my mom's goal to get on Test Track since the last two trips we hadn't gotten on.

Will we get on Test Track???
UP NEXT: EPCOT PART 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter