A WONDERful way to celebrate Independence Day! - Disney Wonder July 1, 2013

PM sent. Thanks! Also noticed on the first page, everyone is called DD, D1, and such. What is all that? D for Disney? I am a DH?

Hi and welcome to the group! D* is the lazy way for Dear *. Dear Daughter, Dear Husband, Dear Wife, etc. When talking about kids, people will usually put their age (DD 5) as a reference. It turns into an urban slang dictionary to start guessing what stuff means, so if you're ever unsure, just ask.

Reminds me of a story about Grandma always sending LOL at the end of everything. Kids couldn't figure out why she kept sending "laugh out loud" at inappropriate times and it was because grandma thought it meant "lots of love". ROTFL :rotfl:

We will be on the cruise ...its myself, DM, and friend. We are from Oregon and cannot wait to go to Alaska

Hi! I am new to this whole DIS boards forum, but my famiy and I are Disney fanatics! We did the 8 day cruise out of NYC on the Magic last July and just booked our cruise to Alaska for July 1-8 this year! I came on this board to share ideas, meet people, etc. and I came to this forum and would love to be a part of the threads. Our our crusie will be my DH (Hal), I'm Meghan, DD1 (Julia 13), DS (Ryan 10) and DD2 (Ava almost 6 at time of cruise). In addition my parents, their friends and their 6 year old daughter will also be joining us! Looking forward to seeing how this all works and getting involved in the FB page and threads and roll call for this cruise!
Meghan

Hi! I am new to this whole DIS boards forum, but my famiy and I are Disney fanatics! We did the 8 day cruise out of NYC on the Magic last July and just booked our cruise to Alaska for July 1-8 this year! I came on this board to share ideas, meet people, etc. and I came to this forum and would love to be a part of the threads. Our our crusie will be my DH (Hal), I'm Meghan, DD1 (Julia 13), DS (Ryan 10) and DD2 (Ava almost 6 at time of cruise). In addition my parents, their friends and their 6 year old daughter will also be joining us! Looking forward to seeing how this all works and getting involved in the FB page and threads and roll call for this cruise!
Meghan

Welcome Meghan!! This is a very active group to get involved in. Can not wait to meet you.

Karen

I am very excite, have the train reserved, not through Disney saved about $400.00. They were very helpful while making the reservation, even made sure that I did not make 2 request because two from TX with same name made request the same day. Now I think we will Kayak, every review was excellent. Can not believe that it is coming up so fast. SO EXCITED!!!!!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to join in on the discussion. We will also be joining this cruise - all the way from Florida. We are a family of 4:

DH
DW (me)
DD1 (12)
DD2 (8)

Can't wait for the fun.

Hanne

Wow! We're picking up a lot of new cruisers! I'll need to recheck cabin status. I'll bet that things have tightened considerably. Welcome!

Hi everyone,

Wanted to let you know that we will be joining you as well. So much great information here!!!

DH
DW (me

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking for a while... This is our second Disney cruise and we are really looking forward to it. It's been two years since our last one and I hope that my children are still comfortable in the bunk beds. My son is now bigger than my husband!! What fun!

Just a few more days until I can reserve our excursions!! Can't wait to see if I can get what we picked!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking for a while... This is our second Disney cruise and we are really looking forward to it. It's been two years since our last one and I hope that my children are still comfortable in the bunk beds. My son is now bigger than my husband!! What fun!

Just a few more days until I can reserve our excursions!! Can't wait to see if I can get what we picked!

Good luck on the excursions! I know what you mean about the growing son. Mine is getting close to my height now and I'm expecting the next cruise will be dicey for him.

WEll, I've tried to read this whole thread...but oh my goodness, I just can't sit still for that long. I did read a bit about the FE gifts. That sounds like so much fun. I tried to PM Mackie Mouse but since I'm such a newbie, I don't have the fifteen posts limit yet. I hope I can get connected to the site for this activity, it sounds like so much fun and a great way to meet and get to know new friends.
I just wonder what else am I missing out, if I don't read this whole thread. Please tell me....I want to know EVERYTHING!!! I don't want to miss a thing!

Welcome!!!!! :woohoo: Wow, I'm realizing I haven't been to this page in several weeks, crazy couple of weeks! But now I'm on Spring Break! :yay: This is our second cruise, the other was to Mexico! FE is a lot of fun, though I need to start getting mine ready, time flies!!

I got the Jimdo site and login. But I didn't know about the Facebook page. What do I need to do?

Also to fillin our info -

Ron, me
Tina, wife
Bella, 7 yr old daughter
Bryce, 5 yr old son
From Arizona

Hi and welcome!!!!!!!
My daughter is 7, as well! In fact in our DIS group there are several girls similar in age :-) :banana: This is going to be tons of fun!!!

Meghan

Woooo hoooo! :rotfl: Welcome! It is our second cruise as well! We're excited, especially since the people on this cruise we've been meeting online seem so awesome! :yay: Tonight I'm going to start booking excursions, too, hurray!!! :banana: We're more active on the FB group, I'm sure they've already told you! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter