A WONDERFUL post from a CM--'Why I do my job' *(tissue alert)*

Dan Murphy

We are family.
Here is a post that goes way back to the old boards, written by the Just Say Thanks Board moderator, TJ Munk (Tiffany). I have posted several times in the past, and think is one of the very best posts I have EVER read. Just thought I would run it by again for folks who have not seen it, and for those who have, to refresh their CM batteries. I love this post!!!!
aha.gif

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the moderator of the Just Say Thanks Board. I'm also a WDW Entertainment Cast Member, that's about as specific as I'll get . Anyhow, the other day I had a really bad day. Just totally lousy; lousy weather, lousy guests, lousy CMS, lousy lousy lousy...did I mention it was a bad day? Anyhow, I came home and started writing in my journal, as I often do when I get stressed and I started making a list of "Why I do my Job." I posted it on my locker at work, and lots of other CMs have really appreciated it. It ended up sounding kind of like a poem, so I thought I'd share it with y'all for a little inspiration....

WHY I DO MY JOB....

For the baby who takes his first steps into my arms. For the grandma in the wheelchair who doesn't think anyone is paying attention, and then squeals with delight when I sneak up behind her. For the little boy who is so scared he hides behind his mother, but after 10 minutes of patient "peek-a-boo" touches my finger. For the parents who laugh when they tell their kids, "Now turn around," and I turn around too. For every little child who hugs me and says, "I love you." For the blind girl who runs her hands over my face and is awestruck. For the little girl with braces on her legs who gets up and waltzes with the Beast. For the little toddler who blows me kisses. For the baby who sist on my lap and sucks my nose, or grabs my finger. For the people who clap along to the music on parade route. For the laugher. For the Make-a-Wish child who smiles and doesn't think about his pain. For the hugs. For every child who REALLY believes. For being able to act silly. For the smiles. For all the kids on parade route who think to themselves, "Someday I want to do that." For the chance, however brief, to make a difference in someone's life.

"Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination, for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy, or an exciting adventure..."

How ya doing??
cry.gif
blush.gif

Thanks again, Tiff.
thumbs.gif

That was wonderful! Thanks for sharing it.

Dan, thanks for pulling this one out! This is such a wonderful post. Of course, now I'm all weepy at my desk...

Thanks for posting this one again, Dan. It's truly a classic.

I love this post.

And I'm still that little kid who says "Someday I want to do that"!!!!

Tiffany...on behalf of all hearts you have filled with happiness and most importantly,
the joy you have brought to my Make-A-Wish kids, THANK-YOU for what you do everyday for so many................... :) I have seen your "Magic" with these little hearts,as well as
some big ones............And it is a wonderful sight to see.......... :D

And Thanks "Big Guy" for reminding us all.........

I love that, and I'm *still* one of those "kids" who looks out at the parade and says someday I want to do that :D

After the day I've been having, I really need to read that. Thanks, Dan. :)

Dan, this is one of my favorite DIS posts EVER. I read it all the way through every time I come across it or it gets a bump up. It is just so heartwarming :) :) :) Thanks for bringing it to us today :)

she is one of the people who make Disney "Magical"
Thanks Tiff.. Michelle
I hope you are in costume when we are there..

83 days to go !!!

Wow, this crip in a chair always appreciates the character that sneaks up behind and surprises her. Or signs back I love you.
Just one warning for you though. Be careful with guests in power chairs. My controller is on the left and poor Eeyore almost had his foot run over when he came to hug me and hit the controller. I now turn the chair off before hugging characters.

Thank you for posting this again, as a newie i didnt see it the first time round.

Its such a lovely post, im covered in goose bumps. CM's like this make our time in the Kingdom all we could wish for and more.

We thank you!:)

Emma

:bounce: :bounce:

Thanks...I really needed that today:) :) :) :)

Thanks, Dan. I get choked up every time this post comes around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter