• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Wonderful Easter Trip!

KHeartsFan13

Lovin' Everything Disney!
Hey everyone! We just got back from our Easter 2010 WDW Trip! Two years ago we took the
same trip, though Easter fell a little earlier in '08. This time we celebrated my birthday, which falls later in April. We also set a goal to meet as many
characters as we could.

Our trip down was not without its bumps. Upon upgrading to Business Class on Airtran, my girlfriend and I were split up. Then somehow within 30-
seconds time, the rest of Business class filled up, securing our separate seats. After worrying about it, there proved to be no problem, when a family
agreed to switch with us so one of their four children could sit with her father. The suckage continued when upon arriving at the airport we learned
Business class is not exempt from oversize fees. So much for our master plan of taking only one bag. :confused3
We decided to upgrade this time around; to the Caribbean Beach Resort (last time was the Pop Century). We checked in with no problems (we used
advanced on-line) and settled into our Jamaican room, complete with Finding Nemo sheets! I was given a big Happy Birthday button to wear. Then it
was off to Wolfgang Puck's in Downtown Disney. Even for the last meatless Friday in Lent, the meal was excellent.

The next morning we set off for Hollywood Studios. We managed to meet lots of characters, including the cast of UP. Dinner that
night was at Mama Melrose's, and was delicious. Then we returned to the hotel to rest before Fantsmic!, which was awesome as always.
Special note for everyone: Use FastPass for Toy Story Mania! We did. The attraction was so much fun, and by the time we went in, the wait for the line was 120 minutes. No joke! :eek:
Characters we met: Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy Duck, Tigger, Eeyore, Dug, Carl, Russel, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater,
and a Green Army Man.

Easter Sunday was spent at Magic Kingdom, just like last trip. Unlike last time, there was some Easter dancing when we first arrived, and no
Easter segment to the afternoon parade. We never did see the Easter Bunny, and later learned that he and Mrs. Bunny were taking photos by the main entrance. Oh well. We overdid it at lunch and had little room for dinner at Liberty Tree. Also, while eating, we noticed Princess Tiana walk by

outside, whom we also never found for photos. After a brief break back at the resort, we returned to the MK for Spectromagic and the fireworks...both
were fantastic! However, getting out of the park after the fireworks was reminiscent of herded cattle. Mooo.
Characters we met: Princess Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Goofy, and Donald Duck.

Monday was EPCOT, which I always love. We kept our attractions to a minimum, and enjoyed taking it slow and taking in the Flower & Garden
Expo. Dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada was amazing. I highly recommend it.
Characters we met: Mulan, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Alice.

Our last full day was spent shopping. But first it was off to Supercalifragilistic Breakfast in the 1900 Park Fare restaurant at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Instead of making it to Animal Kingdom (all we would have seen was the Festival of the Lion King and the Parade) we returned

to Downtown Disney for the day. We rented a small speed boat for a half-hour, which was lots of fun. Then it was dinnertime at Fulton's Crab
House
. If you like seafood, this place is a must!
Characters we met: Mary Poppins, Tigger, Mad Hatter, Alice, and Pooh.

As for our trip home on Wednesday, our only hurdle was a double fee for our bag, now overweight with souvenirs, as well as oversized. An expensive
lesson indeed.

All in all, a very enjoyable trip. We had a lot of fun, met lots of characters, and the high points far exceeded the lows. The Caribbean Beach Resort was
a beautiful and relaxing place to stay. Now we just have to go through our online PhotoPass and camera pics.

:goodvibes:wizard::earsboy::mickeybar

It was a wonderful trip! :yay: You really should tell us more about your girlfriend, I bet she's a great girl ;)

Here's my 2 cents:

Resort: The CBR seemed much more calm and relaxing than the POP.

Parks: The parks didn't seem as crowded as I expected for Spring Break...except for maybe the MK on Easter Sunday.

Food: The food was wonderful...we really didn't have any bad meals. I even enjoyed the the buffet this time around!

Characters: Our goal was to meet as many characters as we could and I think we succeeded! The only ones we really had to wait for were the Princesses and the characters from Up! We got some great pictures!

FP: FastPass was a lifesaver on Toy Story Mania for sure! The wait was 2 hours, but with our FP we were able to go right in with no wait at all! It was a fun ride!

I have to tell you, that once again the DIS boards provided us with many great tips for making the most of our trip. We greatly appreciate the stories and advice from fellow DISers that have been so helpful in giving us more wonderful memories of WDW. Thanks!

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter