A WISH for Cold Tea? Ana's aMAWzing Disney Trip! 12/1-12/7 ~Last Entry~ p.127

My son is a Wilms Survivor too and I cannot wait to read all about your daughter's wish trip!

It seems like you have been on the road every week! It is so nice that you are spending time with your family over the holidays. Plus being in California probably beats being in Indiana! :lmao:

Thanks for adding a spoiler!;) It was great meeting you last week. I felt like I have known your forever. Is

Tell me about it! I have lived out of a suitcase so much this last quarter. I head up Barry's way tomorrow, and then I just can't wait to do it again for the last two weeks of the year. I know there will be good parts about this upcoming trip...there's just a lot of family junk too that will make this one so very different than any we've taken before...job losses, foreclosure, bitter divorce, cancer, estrangement...all the makings of a great soap opera that we don't have to live in regularly given the 2200+ miles in between us. But we put on the happy faces and move-in two spread some Christmas cheer and do our best to brighten some otherwise dreary situations.

Everytime I read Juliana's story, it makes me so emotional. I can't imagine what all of you have been through. I am just so thankful that she is doing well and will continue to pray for her and your family.

I have read this story so many times but here I sit blubbering after I read it once again. You guys are so blessed and I cannot wait until August 2012 when your darling Princess gets the news that she is cancer free.

And let me say, once again, that you have the most beautiful family and I am so relieved and thrilled that things are going so well since the surgery and the chemo.

Ana is a shining star.

Like others, every time I read the story it brings tears to my eyes! I'm so very glad for you guys that she beat this!! :thumbsup2 :banana:

Heather

Finally making it over.

Love the title and of course weepy ( again) over the story.

I'm here. Hopefully, I can stay more on top of your TR than I did with your PTR. And, again, its a beautiful story, even the second time around. Can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Your story get me every time. the pic of you looking at her in the hospital bed with her ears on is precsious. Like Kathy, I wait to celebrate with you guys in Aug of 2012. Thank you for sharing your story and sweet girl with us :hug:

I'm joining. Your story is just so amazing, and it's so good to see that Juliana is healthy and happy now. We will all celebrate in August of 2012. :hug:

Whats this? no reserved seating for the DDC dads that were down in the world?:confused3 Well I am here now 5yh page and stuck in the back corner but heck I am here.:thumbsup2

Somehow I hadn't read her story until now. Thank you for sharing! It's so amazing what these little warriors go through.

My son is a Wilms Survivor too and I cannot wait to read all about your daughter's wish trip!
Thanks for joining! I stopped by your TR too. I never even heard about Wilms till Juliana was diagnosed. Now I feel like I hear about it all the time. I'm glad your son is doing well. :goodvibes

Tell me about it! I have lived out of a suitcase so much this last quarter. I head up Barry's way tomorrow, and then I just can't wait to do it again for the last two weeks of the year. I know there will be good parts about this upcoming trip...there's just a lot of family junk too that will make this one so very different than any we've taken before...job losses, foreclosure, bitter divorce, cancer, estrangement...all the makings of a great soap opera that we don't have to live in regularly given the 2200+ miles in between us. But we put on the happy faces and move-in two spread some Christmas cheer and do our best to brighten some otherwise dreary situations.
I hope you are able to cheer up your family with your visit. That is a lot to be dealing with- especially over the holidays. Plus you have the Disneyland portion of your trip to look forward to! :)

I'm sure you have another trip planned for January. :rotfl:

Everytime I read Juliana's story, it makes me so emotional. I can't imagine what all of you have been through. I am just so thankful that she is doing well and will continue to pray for her and your family.
Thank you.:grouphug: She continues to hit her marks with the oncologist. I think her next checkup is in February. It is kind of nice not knowing when it is. ;)

I am days behind. But I will get started reading now!
Sorry about you reading through 4 pages of TR titles. :rotfl2::rotfl2: Glad you are here!

I have read this story so many times but here I sit blubbering after I read it once again. You guys are so blessed and I cannot wait until August 2012 when your darling Princess gets the news that she is cancer free.
I figured I'd put those posts here as well so people that didn't read the PTR could know her story. We can't wait till 8/12 either. :goodvibes

And let me say, once again, that you have the most beautiful family and I am so relieved and thrilled that things are going so well since the surgery and the chemo.

Ana is a shining star.
Thank you Kathy. :grouphug:

Like others, every time I read the story it brings tears to my eyes! I'm so very glad for you guys that she beat this!! :thumbsup2 :banana:

Heather
Thank you Heather.... time for me to get cracking on the details. :surfweb:

Finally making it over.

Love the title and of course weepy ( again) over the story.
:welcome:

Sorry, didn't mean to make you weepy again. The TR is mostly happy. :goodvibes

I'm here. Hopefully, I can stay more on top of your TR than I did with your PTR. And, again, its a beautiful story, even the second time around. Can't wait to hear all about the trip.
:welcome: The PTR was a little long but I will TRY to stay on topic here... once I get started. :rotfl2:

Your story get me every time. the pic of you looking at her in the hospital bed with her ears on is precsious. Like Kathy, I wait to celebrate with you guys in Aug of 2012. Thank you for sharing your story and sweet girl with us :hug:
Hey Mary! I should Juliana the picture of your girls with their new Disney shirts and Juliana said 'AWWWWWWW. They are so cute!' I agree with her! :goodvibes

I'm joining. Your story is just so amazing, and it's so good to see that Juliana is healthy and happy now. We will all celebrate in August of 2012. :hug:
Hi! :wave2:

Thanks for reading along, and for the kind words. :)

Okay Tim Where's the Update ?? Have you been listening to Marv who never posts on his own thread:rotfl2:
LOL I'm writing part 1 once I'm done with these responses! :surfweb:

Whats this? no reserved seating for the DDC dads that were down in the world?:confused3 Well I am here now 5th page and stuck in the back corner but heck I am here.:thumbsup2
I tried to hold your seat but obviously that didn't work. Thanks for joining in Carl.

Somehow I hadn't read her story until now. Thank you for sharing! It's so amazing what these little warriors go through.
Kids are so much more resilient than adults.... although it breaks your heart to see them have to go through this.

I made it and waiting for updates...
You sound like Rosie.... :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Coming up soon! :)

The week leading up to leaving was very hectic. On Monday, we went to NYC to see the Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall and hang out in the city for the day, Thursday was Thanksgiving, I worked all weekend then Monday rolled around. Only 2 more days till we leave.

Juliana's Wish granters set up a call for Juliana from Cinderella. So on Tuesday morning the phone rang and there was someone special on the line... (click on the picture to see the video)

Juliana was so excited and very shy when she got the call. She couldn't believe that Cinderella was calling her.

Melody had to work so Juliana and I spent the afternoon packing a few items in our bags. Luckily, Melody got out of work early so she helped in the evening too. After being excited all day, we finally got Juliana to bed much later than we wanted to. We finished packing and we were ready to go.

I tossed and turned all night. I feel like I was up every hour checking the clock. I was excited and I didn't want to over sleep. We had the alarms set for 6:20. Melody & I were up on time and at 6:45 Juliana woke up. We both went into her room and the first thing she said to us was "You guys are still packing?' Melody & I both started laughing and told her it was morning and time to get up so we could go to Disney!

We ate a quick breakfast and then Juliana pulled off the last Mickey head from our countdown calendar.

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

Our ride was supposed to get us at 7:30 but when I brought the garbage out at 7:15 there was a car parked in our driveway. I went back inside and told Juliana that our ride was here and she wasn't going to believe who was picking us up. I brought the suitcases out and took one final walk through of the house. Juliana and Melody made their way outside and then Juliana saw how we were getting to the airport.

DSC00341.jpg

Then she saw our driver....

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

She asked him if he was Santa and he told her he was Santa's helper. He gave Juliana a present to take with us on the plane- a coloring book and marker set! After we were in the limo, she told us she thought he was the real Santa. I think he was too. ;)

Santa showed us how to control the radio, TV, and Wii!

DSC00344.jpg

Juliana and Puppy were so EXCITED!

DSC00346.jpg

A little Wii bowling on the ride to the airport.

DSC00348.jpg

We arrived and breezed through security with no problem. They had the full body scanners at our airport but we only had to go through the metal detectors. Melody stopped for a coffee from McDonalds then we were on our way to wait at the gate.

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

Wouldn't you know that past McDonald's was a Dunkin' Donuts and another coffee stand? So once we were situated at the gate, I went to the coffee stand to get a bottled water and a flavor shot for Melody's coffee. Have you ever ordered a flavor shot without ordering it in coffee? The girl at the counter looked at me like I was nuts. LOL

It was raining and windy in the morning and our flight ended up being delayed. We had to wait for our plane to arrive from another city.

Juliana waiting patiently with Puppy.

DSC00351.jpg

Photographer Ana didn't do a bad job.

DSC00352.jpg

Our plane finally arrived and the boarding process went pretty smoothly. We were only 45 minutes behind schedule. It was a good thing we got out when we did because shortly after we left, there were tons of delays in Hartford and the whole North East. Hartford had delays of 5 and 6 hours! :scared1:

The takeoff was a little bumpy but our flight was surprisingly smooth. Juliana was playing with her I-Spy bag, coloring, doing an activity book, and watched a movie for a little while. She was so excited she couldn't stick to one thing.

DSC00354.jpg

The clouds finally broke up... somewhere over the Carolina's. I think?

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

Our landing was a little bumpy due to the 30 mph gusts in Florida, but once again, it wasn't too bad. We made it!!!

Our professional traveler.

DSC00359.jpg

Off the plane we found our guide and they helped with our luggage and brought us over to the rental car area.

DSC00360-1.jpg

While I was going over the rental info at the Alamo counter, the lady informed us that Alamo/National would cover the cost of gas so we didn't have to bring the car back filled. I wasn't expecting that at all.

We piled all our bags in the car, said goodbye to our greeter, and headed out of the rental area.

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

We had about a 25 minute drive ahead of us to Give Kids The World (GKTW), our home for the next 7 days.

Up next... Arriving, checking out the resort, and a very unexpected gift.

I've read it before, but I read it again---and I'm a blubbering mess again. All was fine until it got serious and I saw the picture of beautiful Juliana with all those tubes...oh gosh, I can't even imagine Tim what you and Mel went through. August 2012 is getting close. There will be MUCH rejoicing for your little girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter