• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Whole New World - First Trip to WDW in Oct 2014 :)

RoriRoo

Earning My Ears
Hey, this is my first PTR, so if things don't go exactly like they are supposed to stay with me I'm only learning these Disney ways of planning :).

I will probably include everything I plan on doing...From clothes to ADR to travelling, you'll probably think I go a little overboard :confused3... Once I get started on planning I can't really stop. It's a habit I'm so very proud of :)

Myself and my boyfriend will be going for 5 and half days (yes I know the half makes a huge difference :lmao:) in October 2014. It will be both our first time to visit WDW so I'm super excited.

All about us:
me_zps9c8098ae.jpg

Me(Jen) I'm 21 (couple of weeks away from 22). I have been to Disneyland Paris twice and going again in January for a day. First time I went I was 10 and loved it! I can only imagine how much better DW will be. Second time myself and 3 friends went for a day two years ago and loved it again!
I work full time in childcare over 40hours in 5 days. Its tough going but I love it.

Some Disney things I love:
Movie: The Lion King
Character: Princess Aurora

DBF(S) he's 23. He works in retail. He wouldn't be crazy into Disney like me. He's never been to any Disney park. (I'm bringing him to DLP in January to give him a taste of Disney ;)). Only way I can get him to go with me is I promised him 3 days in NYC. He's more into PS3 and gaming. Oh well his loss :banana:

Index:
Day 1
Magic Kingdom

Ok first day we'll be flying from Dublin to London and then London to Orlando. After we'll check in with the folks and when our bags are collected and all checked into the hotel we'll be hitting the World around 5pm or 6pm. (all going well)

After a few hours of flying we will probably head in MK for a while or DTD depends oh how tired we are. (since I'm booking on the UK site I think one of the only options is to get the 7 day ticket for everything)

I'm not going to get on a ride if the ques are crazy, but knowing myself I will end up on something spontaneously(won't be anything too crazy.)

I have plans to be an ADR for Planet Hollywood in DTD. But I won't be doing Disney Dining as I've worked it out to be a lot cheaper to pay for it ourselves.

After that we might go back to the resort (Pop Century) and just chill out or maybe have a nosey around the other resorts.

Ok first day we'll be flying from Dublin to London and then London to Orlando. After we'll check in with the folks and when our bags are collected and all checked into the hotel we'll be hitting the World around 5pm or 6pm. (all going well)

After a few hours of flying we will probably head in MK for a while or DTD depends oh how tired we are. (since I'm booking on the UK site I think one of the only options is to get the 7 day ticket for everything)

I'm not going to get on a ride if the ques are crazy, but knowing myself I will end up on something spontaneously(won't be anything too crazy.)

I have plans to be an ADR for Planet Hollywood in DTD. But I won't be doing Disney Dining as I've worked it out to be a lot cheaper to pay for it ourselves.
After that we might go back to the resort (Pop Century) and just chill out or maybe have a nosey around the other resorts.

Dublin? Holy Cow! That's a long way, I can't wait to hear your plans. We leave in just 33 days and I haven't really done any planning. Guess I better get moving ;)

Dublin? Holy Cow! That's a long way, I can't wait to hear your plans. We leave in just 33 days and I haven't really done any planning. Guess I better get moving ;)

I think it's been said before that people who don't plan before they go to WDW are called people who stand in line and don't get to eat where they'd like to. Not much chance you will get anything decent for ADR's. Please at least check out the crowd calendars for the optimum use of your time in the parks.

Bon chance mon ami!

I think it's been said before that people who don't plan before they go to WDW are called people who stand in line and don't get to eat where they'd like to. Not much chance you will get anything decent for ADR's. Please at least check out the crowd calendars for the optimum use of your time in the parks.

Bon chance mon ami!

Obviously I have done SOME planning, and since this is our 2nd trip this year I already know what I really want to see and do. Since I travel with my disabled daughter (who doesn't do great with formalish sit down meals) we don't do many ADRs. We also don't ride many rides (she is easily scared) I will FP the ones we do want. Believe me I've done plenty of thinking about our plans. She primarily wants to see Princess Sofia and that we will do at Hollywood and Vine for breakfast. Please don't forget that Disney means many different things to many types of people.

Dublin's not that far from Orlando (normally its a seven hour flight from Dublin but unfortunately it's not the cheapest option so it will be a 13 hour flight in total with the stop over)

I presume you'll be fine if you don't plan I'm just trying to get the most out of Orlando as for me it will probably be long time before I get to go again :(. But each to their own I love planning the boyfriend hates it he couldn't plan a thing

I don't think that necessary true, some people don't want to plan they just want to go with the flow and relax. Disney can be done either way it doesn't have to be planned. Everyone has their own personal opinion on the matter do it doesn't matter if its planned or not :)

Obviously I have done SOME planning, and since this is our 2nd trip this year I already know what I really want to see and do. Since I travel with my disabled daughter (who doesn't do great with formalish sit down meals) we don't do many ADRs. We also don't ride many rides (she is easily scared) I will FP the ones we do want. Believe me I've done plenty of thinking about our plans. She primarily wants to see Princess Sofia and that we will do at Hollywood and Vine for breakfast. Please don't forget that Disney means many different things to many types of people.

Awh that's cute. Hope she enjoys herself meeting Princess Sofia :)

Ok so I have no idea what day we'll be going to the MK as the times aren't out for October yet but these are some things I would really like to do but we'll probably narrow the list down again...

1. Cinderella's Castle
cinderella-castle-00_zpsd433f7cb.jpg

There will probably be a LOT of picture's taken of the castle in front of it, different angles. Or just 50 or so pictures of the castle in the same place. I love it!

2. Big Thunder Mountain
big-thunder-mountain-railroad-00_zps3d68eff9.jpg

This has to be one of my favourite rides in DLP, so I have to do it in WDW!

3. Haunted Mansion
haunted-mansion-00_zpsdf6ff0ac.jpg

Again another favourite from DLP, it would be a sin not to go on it in Florida.

4. it's a small world
its-a-small-world-00_zps64587243.jpg

Another fave!

5. Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel
prince-charming-regal-carrousel-00_zps62f362e1.jpg

Haven't been on a carrousel in years, might as well get back on the horse.:rotfl:

6. Pirates of the Caribbean
pirates-of-the-caribbean-00_zps6b19513f.jpg

Love this ride.

7. Mad Tea Party
mad-tea-party-00_zps8e01175c.jpg

8. Peter Pan's Flight
peter-pan-flight-00_zps00d65a86.jpg

Never been on this both times went to go on it in Paris it was broken down or under maintenance. So I am really looking forward to this ride.

9. Jungle Cruise
jungle-cruise-00_zps6c22917c.jpg

10. Splash Mountain
splash-mountain-00_zpsf0acd4da.jpg

11. Tomorrowland Speedway
tomorrowland-speedway-00_zpsa00c6556.jpg

((All pictures from WDW offical website))

12. Seven Dwarf's Mine
sdmt-cars-on-track_zps665154b9.jpg

Hopefully this will be open when we go over!

Update!

Due to a recent trip to Disneyland Paris our stay will be extended to 11 days (Although two of those days will probably be travelling on flights!) Turns out my DBF likes Dsiney and seemed to really enjoy the two parks in Paris... So now I'm feeling less guilty and dragging him along won't be so bad after all :)

I think I'm gonna book the hotel and tickets next week and hopefully flights as well :) So far I've decided that we are gonna do one dining experience in Cinderella's Palace for breakfast some morning. The rest of the dining will be booked through ADR and probably snacking around Epcot as a dinner!

I know its been a while but hey life gets in the way sometimes.

So I booked my flights today. So it'll be two flights cover 16 hours with KLM. Funnily enough I'll be flying with KLM but on Delta airline it worked out way cheaper than actually flying with Delta :rotfl: We leave Ireland around 11am then fly on to JKF where we wait just under two hours before we board our plane to MCO. So we'll land in MCO at 7pm ish all going according to plan. Then after baggage collection (I like having my own baggage so I won't be using Disney's baggage collection. I'm a little bit weird like that.) we'll get onto the bus and hopefully we should be in our hotel hopefully at 9.

I then got way to excited, and seen that I had money left over from pay day, I booked and put down a deposit on the DW trip :cheer2: I am now so excited. Even though the trip won't be until October. Because I have booked through the UK site we availed of the special offer from Disney getting 14 Day Unlimited Tickets for the price of 7. So I'm super excited about them being unlimited :) I will explore everywhere!! We'll also be staying in the Pop Century it seems to be the best option for us!

Now all I have to do is wait and see what the hours will be like when they are realised! It's killing me a little to wait for these hours. But I'm pretty sure what I'm gonna be doing anyway!

Gonna start exploring my bookings and what I can do next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter