A Whirlwind of Eats and Treats!: April 2015 Dining Report (w/ F&G)- COMPLETED

Yum, everything looks great. I wish the booths were still up when we go in a week. SOMEDAY I'll get there :)

Oh wow that food looks delicious, I especially love the look of the sweet sushi - sooooo cute :)

Not too sure of the bacon in cupcakes though, that trend hasn't quite made it here yet :rotfl2:

Yum!! I do hope they have some of the same stuff at F&W in October!! I definitely want that watermellon slush..virgin style..and the dole whip...lush style :) Oh and the frushi...so yum..was the outside sort of like fruit roll-up?

You made some fantastic choices! That Frushi has been calling me name!

And yes - no trip is complete without a visit to Sunshine Seasons (but, as a former CM at SS, I might be biased). The strawberry shortcake is legendary. :D

Oh, everything looks so yummy! Reading through this is making me wish I could go back and try some of the things I missed - the duck confit and the lemon tart especially. I am seriously kicking myself for not trying the duck. :sad2:
There's always next year, girl! (Hopefully!) :goodvibes

Oh my gosh! The pretzel? the teriyaki bun? The frushi? The chicken? I need one of these :genie: to make that all magically appear in front of me!
I need on of those, too! I'd be having a couple of teriyaki buns and a blueberry lemon tart for dinner tonight, with a watermelon slushie to wash it all down! :laughing:

Why am I starving and ready for a drink at 10:30 in the morning? Oh right--cuz everything looks so GOOD!! You made some delicious choices, lady. Again, I'm drooling over that pineapple rum soft serve!
I obsessed over the outdoor kitchen menus for WEEKS to make sure I didn't have any F&G regrets! :rotfl:

The steamed bun you got in Japan reminds me of my favorite place to eat when I go home (Nebraska). It's a fast food place called runza and is the same steamed bun sort of thing, but with ground beef and cabbage inside. They will also add cheese or marinara. They are so deliciously yummy that when I was pregnant and craving them so badly, my mom, bless her heart!, got some and drove them to St. Louis for me! If you ever head to the Midwest, try them out!
That DOES sound delicious! I don't even care that these things are really just fancy Hot Pockets. They're amazing!!! :hyper:

Yum, everything looks great. I wish the booths were still up when we go in a week. SOMEDAY I'll get there :)
Next year! Doooo eeeeet! ::yes::

Oh wow that food looks delicious, I especially love the look of the sweet sushi - sooooo cute :)
It was super cute! I don't know why making food cute makes it more delicious, but it does! :laughing:

Not too sure of the bacon in cupcakes though, that trend hasn't quite made it here yet :rotfl2:
Hahaha. I think the weirdest Bacon Trend item I've tried so far was a bacon ice cream sundae. :crazy2:

Yum!! I do hope they have some of the same stuff at F&W in October!! I definitely want that watermellon slush..virgin style..and the dole whip...lush style :)
I don't recall any of the same stuff. However, F&W has it's own AMAZING selection. I did my first F&W in September, and I thought I had died and gone to food HEAVEN. :faint:

Oh and the frushi...so yum..was the outside sort of like fruit roll-up?
Not really! It wasn't like much of anything, and all of the tasty stuff was inside of it! It might have just been rice paper, I'm not sure! :confused3

You made some fantastic choices! That Frushi has been calling me name!

And yes - no trip is complete without a visit to Sunshine Seasons (but, as a former CM at SS, I might be biased). The strawberry shortcake is legendary. :D
A former CM?! In my thread?! I'm flattered! And jealous! :laughing: At Sunshine Seasons, no less? How on earth did you control yourself around so much deliciousness everyday?! :eek:

Everything looks absolutely delicious! I can't wait for our F&G visit next year!

My favorites in no particular order and based only on pictures and tastes in my mind:

1. Japanese curry bun thing
2. Frushi
3. Watermelon Slush

Yum!

Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe
Epcot

Sunday, April 26, 2015
Dinner

In all of my trips to Epcot, I've never ever stopped here! It was time!

20150426_184644-1.jpg

Fish & Chips, with Victoria Sponge Cake.

It was nom nom nommy! The fish and chips were cooked perfectly, and I was pretty full after. I took a couple bites of the cake, which was interesting with a layer of jam in between two sponge cake layers. It came in that container with a little plastic lid that I took off for the photo, but it was perfect for taking it back to my room for a late-night snack!

Last edited:
Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe
Epcot

Sunday, April 26, 2015
Dinner

In all of my trips to Epcot, I've never ever stopped here! It was time!

20150426_184644-1.jpg

Fish & Chips, with Victoria Sponge Cake.

It was nom nom nommy! The fish and chips were cooked perfectly, and I was pretty full after. I took a couple bites of the cake, which was interesting with a layer of jam in between two game layers. It came in that container with a little plastic lid that I took off for the photo, but it was perfect for taking it back to my room for a late-night snack!

BEST. CHIPS. EVER.

I'm just now hopping on board. I'm so glad to see someone review Boma for dinner. This will be a new one for us. Your snacks look marvelous!

Yum....looks delish! Was that a regular portion or a portion for F&G? (of the fish and chips I mean...)

Originally this was supposed to be my dinner. But then I found other dinner I wanted later. So. Whatever. VACATION! :D
EXACTLY, Billie! This is my tried and true vacation philosophy! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My only complaint is that there were about 629% more pretzel pieces on top than I was expecting.
:rotfl2:

The chicken had a bit more kick than I was prepared for, but I'm just a great big giant wussy girl about anything even mildly spicey.
With you completely there! Great big giant wussy girl about spice! ::yes::

Awesome update, Billie. This was secretly the dining update I've been waiting for :laughing: I've overlapped a few items on my wish list that you had, too (and I have plenty more that you didn't get also): flan, blueberry/lemon tart, Teriyaki curry bun, frushi, and macaroon! YUM!!!!!!!!!!

Also, LOVE Yorkshire Fish!!! ::yes::

Love love love the fish and chips!! I had it for the first time last trip. Really filling and actually a bargain! I want some right now. :)

The fish and chips are amazing at Yorkshire! They are also the perfect size IMO.

Ok, reading this thread while hungry is just pure torture on a girl.

First I gotta say that duck confit from France looks to die for. Completely up my alley. And I typically stick to the savory at F&W (never done F&G), but clearly I'm missing out. All of your treats look divine, especially that tart and macaroon.

Your fish looks absolutely delicious. My hubby and I did free dining once (it wasn't really for us as we share lots of meals) and had 13 quick service credits left on our last day. We decided what better way than to try everything in MK and Epcot, so that is literally exactly what we did. Those fish and chips were amongst the best things we had and now I'm wondering why its been so long since we've been back

BEST. CHIPS. EVER.
They were crazy tasty! :teeth:

That looks so good! Add a cold beer and it would be perfect!!
Doh! :headache: You're SO right, why didn't I think of that?!

I'm just now hopping on board. I'm so glad to see someone review Boma for dinner. This will be a new one for us. Your snacks look marvelous!
You'll LOVE dinner at Boma! It's so delicious! I was I was eating there RIGHT NOW! :goodvibes

Yum....looks delish! Was that a regular portion or a portion for F&G? (of the fish and chips I mean...)
Regular portion! :thumbsup2

EXACTLY, Billie! This is my tried and true vacation philosophy! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
#soulsisters

With you completely there! Great big giant wussy girl about spice! ::yes::

Awesome update, Billie. This was secretly the dining update I've been waiting for :laughing: I've overlapped a few items on my wish list that you had, too (and I have plenty more that you didn't get also): flan, blueberry/lemon tart, Teriyaki curry bun, frushi, and macaroon! YUM!!!!!!!!!!

Also, LOVE Yorkshire Fish!!! ::yes::
I am soooooooo looking forward to hearing about what you thought of it all. Because you're going to be there TOMORROW, OMGOMGOMG!! :hyper:

Love love love the fish and chips!! I had it for the first time last trip. Really filling and actually a bargain! I want some right now. :)
You and me both, girl! Om nom nom! :goodvibes

Looking very very yummy. This is making me reconsider getting the dining plan. Perhaps I would do better being able to choose more freely.
The Dining plan is AWESOME, though! I can't imagine going without it!

Are the food booths open all year round? we will be there the first of june..
Just during the Flower & Garden Festival (Spring) and the Food & Wine Festival (Fall). So none in June. You'll have TONs of yummy year-round options in the country pavilions, though!

The fish and chips are amazing at Yorkshire! They are also the perfect size IMO.
Yes! I love them!

Ok, reading this thread while hungry is just pure torture on a girl.
Rookie mistake. :sad2: :laughing:

First I gotta say that duck confit from France looks to die for. Completely up my alley. And I typically stick to the savory at F&W (never done F&G), but clearly I'm missing out. All of your treats look divine, especially that tart and macaroon.
I typically stick to the savory too, honestly! My F&W dining review was a meatapalooza! I thought I'd try to balance it a bit this time, though. :goodvibes It was nice to try some different things!

Your fish looks absolutely delicious. My hubby and I did free dining once (it wasn't really for us as we share lots of meals) and had 13 quick service credits left on our last day. We decided what better way than to try everything in MK and Epcot, so that is literally exactly what we did. Those fish and chips were amongst the best things we had and now I'm wondering why its been so long since we've been back
13 QS credits left?! I can't even imagine!!! I use up all my credits, and still end up paying for things out of pocket! Om nom nom! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter