• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A what would you do??

mommasita

DIS VETERAN
I work tomorrow, and do not want to go in...I want to call in sick, but have never lied about it. I am feeling guilty just thinking about it..

What do you all think? I only have 2 days to work, then I am off for 4. The hot weather, the :sunny: skies, the pool and everyone swimming while I am at work are getting to me..:worried:

Then again, I can suck it up and have 4 days off while EVERYONE else is in school and DH is at work, so I can float and swim all day alone..:woohoo: :woohoo:

Thoughts?

Take a sick day and call it a mental health day. I feel employees are entitled to this twice a year, unless they tend to get sick a lot.

Sounds like you need to re-charge. Call out sick for one day, say it was a bad headache that made you vomity and go to work for one day and enjoy your four days off.

Life's too short. :goodvibes Call in and enjoy, but if you call in - truly enjoy, do not feel guilty about it - otherwise, it's not worth it.

I think mental health days are legit. My last boss even told us, "Sometimes you just have to call in because of something going on in your life. That's fine. Don't worry about it. We're not even allowed to ask you why you called in." :goodvibes You earn your sick time--it's a benefit just like all your other benefits.

I sincerely regret the 400 hours of sick time I lost when I quit my state job, because I was too "moral" to call in when I wasn't sick. I say, go for it!

just go to work...you'll enjoy your days off more if you fulfill your obligations and you will be proud of yourself for doing the right thing

if it makes you feel any better I have to work tomorrow too.

I would feel guilty and then not enjoy my days off. But if u r about crazy then take it off but only if u cna then enjoy ur other time off.

Shake it off & go to work. Save it for when you do not have 4 days in a row off.

Just call in sick. If you're a good employee and you never use your sick time, you're entitled. Just say you have intestinal distress or acute food poisoning.

I am at work. I can not do it. I will save them for when my children are sick, and I do not have a choice...

I have today and tomorrow and then the 4 days. So hopefully the weather plays nice, and I can enjoy them outside. Otherwise, I will enjoy them inside...

Just call in sick. If you're a good employee and you never use your sick time, you're entitled. Just say you have intestinal distress or acute food poisoning.

Do some people actually have to tell their employers why they are calling off sick?? We get 12 sick days a year and can take them as we please, don't need an excuse unless you take more than 4 in a row then you need a Dr's note. I take all mine every year, I hate taking them when I am sick so if I have a healthy year I have a lot to burn up and most people at work take them during the summertime! You can also save them up and sell them back to the company when you retire, so you can sell back approx. 200-400 sick days and get the money for them...though I would rather take them off each year and enjoy them.

Do some people actually have to tell their employers why they are calling off sick?? We get 12 sick days a year and can take them as we please, don't need an excuse unless you take more than 4 in a row then you need a Dr's note. I take all mine every year, I hate taking them when I am sick so if I have a healthy year I have a lot to burn up and most people at work take them during the summertime! You can also save them up and sell them back to the company when you retire, so you can sell back approx. 200-400 sick days and get the money for them...though I would rather take them off each year and enjoy them.

Yes, some do. I need to let them know for sure. We operate 24/7 here, so if someone is missing in this department, planes will not fly. Everyone needs to be replaced.

I am at work. I can not do it. I will save them for when my children are sick, and I do not have a choice...

I have today and tomorrow and then the 4 days. So hopefully the weather plays nice, and I can enjoy them outside. Otherwise, I will enjoy them inside...

I personally think you did the right thing, for several reasons :hug: I hope you have excellent weather for your 4 days off!! Enjoy them!! :sunny:

I personally think you did the right thing, for several reasons :hug: I hope you have excellent weather for your 4 days off!! Enjoy them!! :sunny:

Thanks Terry...I just would not have had a great day, had I lied. I am here, finish at 6, and it will go quickly. It is a GORGEOUS day here, but summer is only starting..

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

my principal always tells us that we have the days so we might as well use them. He says he'd rather us take a day off to relax, then to come to work and be useless because we are drained/exhausted/etc. Every now and then you need it for yourself.

Yes, some do. I need to let them know for sure. We operate 24/7 here, so if someone is missing in this department, planes will not fly. Everyone needs to be replaced.

we are 24/7 also- railroad- and if we call off they just bring someone in on overtime to cover our job. There is always someone willing to come in and work for overtime so its really not an issue. We just have to call off sick 2 hours prior to the start of our shirt so if you are 10pm-6am you have to call off by 8pm. They are not allowed to ask why we are out sick for just 1-3 daysat a time, after that we need a Dr's note to return to work.

we are 24/7 also- railroad- and if we call off they just bring someone in on overtime to cover our job. There is always someone willing to come in and work for overtime so its really not an issue. We just have to call off sick 2 hours prior to the start of our shirt so if you are 10pm-6am you have to call off by 8pm. They are not allowed to ask why we are out sick for just 1-3 daysat a time, after that we need a Dr's note to return to work.

Ok. We do not need a note either. Same thing basically. After 3 days, they may REQUEST one, but not neccesarily. I have missed one day when I had the stomach flu, so I did not feel bad then.

I work 3 days a week only, so maybe this is where guilt comes in..Dunno. I have 7 days per year (seeing as I am part time)...I have 6 left, and surely will need to use some..

my principal always tells us that we have the days so we might as well use them. He says he'd rather us take a day off to relax, then to come to work and be useless because we are drained/exhausted/etc. Every now and then you need it for yourself.

I totally agree. I think I feel more guilty because I am only here 3 days a week, so I should be relaxed :lmao: ..

It all comes down to work ethic. Before I retired, I had more paid sick time than I could ever use, but I had to be really sick to call in. Yes, we all need some time to clear our minds, but lying, especially if you're not inclined to do so, might just create more stress.

I've seen people take sick days as "extra vacation days" and think it's okay because they felt the job could get by without them, anyhow. That's not a point you want to make, especially in this day and age. Just like when my company used to announce that "all non-essential employees" could leave early when it started snowing heavy, it raises the question of do you really want to label yourself as "non-essential?"

Go with your gut feeling.

I would have went in too. I would have felt guilty and not enjoyed the time off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter