A what-if spreadsheet

MrChris

Earning My Ears
I use DVC-Tracker by Caskbill to manage my points but creating reservations in it just to
compare and contrast how I might use my points is a little tedious. So I put together
this spreadsheet to do quick "what-if" reservation scenarios. It's most helpful if you
have contracts at multiple resorts all with the same use year. This is my situation and
thus that's what I've addressed. I'll leave it to someone else to figure out if it
works okay for multiple use years and to make changes if it doesn't.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bw...gwMjktZGJkODZkMjk2ZTY3&hl=en&authkey=CIGS2PgE

I use DVC-Tracker by Caskbill to manage my points but creating reservations in it just to
compare and contrast how I might use my points is a little tedious. So I put together
this spreadsheet to do quick "what-if" reservation scenarios. It's most helpful if you
have contracts at multiple resorts all with the same use year. This is my situation and
thus that's what I've addressed. I'll leave it to someone else to figure out if it
works okay for multiple use years and to make changes if it doesn't.

It's really easy to do that at the Member website. You can save each scenario and then print them out on one list.

Google Docs seems to be difficult these days so here's another place to find it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/110723913/PointsUse.xls

Nice spreadsheet. A little more elegant than one I've created for myself but similar idea. I also created a worksheet so I can pop in the points I have available to use and can quickly see across the board what types of rooms I could book. That way I can figure out quickly if anyone gets to come with us or if it's just DH and I! :rotfl:

It's really easy to do that at the Member website. You can save each scenario and then print them out on one list.

There are like a bajillion other point calculators that do in 2-3 clicks what it would take at a minimum 48 clicks to do on the member website. Yes, I'm exaggerating (although not on the point clicks - just on the bajillion calculators) but the planner on the website is very lacking IMO. It's also different than OP's spreadsheet because it doesn't track. If you want to have your own running record and not only rely on DVC you need to do that manually or in a spreadsheet or other program b/c they don't offer that - at least not that I have found on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter