A weekend at BLT, a new fav!

heimlichfan

DIS Veteran
Recently returned from 4 days at BLT, room 8002. Two families: 4 adults and 3 kids under the age of 5. 2bdrm villa, lake view. IT WAS AWESOME.

Pros:
- view (even with lake view, we could watch fireworks from master bdrm balcony)
- did I mention location?
- decor (subtle Disney- my fav)
- 3 bathrooms
- LOCATION!!!!!
- proximity to monorail
- staff from BLT and CR
- don't know if you heard, but the location was awesome
- first stop on monorail when leaving MK

Cons:
- too few garbage cans (can you tell I'm stretching?)
- bussing to DHS (could have just been the day)
- long way by monorail to MK (no big deal, just walk!)

I've finally found my favorite resort after staying at several places! I can't say enough about BLT- it was great!

On second thought.... it was awful and none of you should EVER stay there. Yep, you heard me... don't EVER stay there! :goodvibes

I agree...this is our new favorite resort after staying at BLT in May:cool1: We had a 1 BR and LOVED it. It is so convienent and the room is so spacious. We are hoping to stay there again soon!!

Recently returned from 4 days at BLT, room 8002. Two families: 4 adults and 3 kids under the age of 5. 2bdrm villa, lake view. IT WAS AWESOME.

Cons:
- too few garbage cans (can you tell I'm stretching?)
- bussing to DHS (could have just been the day)
- long way by monorail to MK (no big deal, just walk!)

I've finally found my favorite resort after staying at several places! I can't say enough about BLT- it was great!

On second thought.... it was awful and none of you should EVER stay there. Yep, you heard me... don't EVER stay there! :goodvibes

It wasn't just the day, unless we had a bad few days too. They really need to run busses more frequently from CR to DHS. We started driving after spending nearly an hour waiting for a bus/getting to DHS. We loved driving from BLT to the other parks.

Glad you had a great time. Our first stay will be end of August in a 2 Bedroom BLV, we are doing a split stay, so we are going to be at BWI first. I can't wait!!! Rave reviews just make me that much more excited!!!

Regarding these long waits for a bus to DHS. We were at the Caribbean Beach Resort last time (2009) and it seemed like buses were much more frequent at MK than they were are at CBR. Thus when we go to BLT in June, I had planned on walking over to the MK bus terminal to catch most buses b/c I figured they would be there much more often (though the lines might be longer) than at BLT.
So my question: Are these long waits for buses occurring directly at BLT? Did anyone try to walk across the parking lot to the MK terminal and have better luck?

It wasn't just the day, unless we had a bad few days too. They really need to run busses more frequently from CR to DHS. We started driving after spending nearly an hour waiting for a bus/getting to DHS. We loved driving from BLT to the other parks.

Count us in, on having the "bad day" with bussing to DHS from BLT/Contemp. It was crazy. In all my trips at Disney, this was by far the longest wait we've ever had for a bus. It was in the morning. We were trying to make rope drop, and waited 52 mins. for a bus. There was a CM outside with a little clipboard that kept saying one was on its way, but it didn't show up for an hour. I hope we can avoid that this Sept. We'll be staying at BLT, and plan to be at the stop extra early.

we just got back from BLT and while I don't have as rave reviews as you do (I found it a little rundown) although it was nice to have the 2bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

WE didn't have any trouble with bussing to any of the parks/DTD. The longest we waited for a bus was to DTD on a sunday morning, and that was probably a 15 minutes wait.

When we went to DHS on Saturday, I think we had a 10 minute wait.

When we went to MK we walked, but we never caught the bus there to get anywhere else

LOVE LOVE LOVE :cool1: reading these reviews. I am NINETEEN weeks away from our first Bay Lake Towers stay in a 1BR and cannot wait. I've always loved the CR Resort and the proximity to MK and the walk. I'm so looking forward to being there again!

We are also going for the first time in July 2011, staying in a 1 BR MK view(oh....all those points) and can't wait! :banana: Thanks for the review!!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter