A week on the Disney Dream! B2B

September 9, 2011 - Day 11 - Part Three

We headed to our room to change.

6142347440_9efc2182f4_z.jpg

The lobby is sooo pretty here!

So we headed to the pool and there was lightening and the pool was closed. We went to the lobby of the Villas and hung out.

6142309808_b8d4217afe_z.jpg

See those chairs...we spent over an hour, well over an hour sitting there. We figured out why the hall was soooo cold by our room. We were so far from this area, but right here....TWO fireplaces. Huge ones. So they must keep the common areas so cold so they can have the fireplaces going.

We talked a lot about our Disney Vacation we have planned in 2014 ( I know I know) for a long time. We are so excited out good friends from AZ will be joining us. I think we are going to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I wish we had enough points to stay at Bay Lake Towers....MY FAVORITE!!

We tried the pool again and again we were met with rain! Ugh...I just wanted to go swimming.

Pete and I went back to our room and I called my Dad and chatted. Pete took a nap. Then I packed all of our clean clothes that I washed yesterday!

We didn't feel like going out in the rain so we went to the Whispering Canyon and they got us in.

There was a wait so Pete returned his Dad's call.

He dad was having weird swelling issues. I really wish we knew how serious this was. Pete's dad passed away about a month later.

We were called to the Whispering Canyon in like 40 minutes.

I got a Strawberry Shake. Oh why oh why did I? I am allergic to Ice Cream and was sooo sick later. My own fault!

6142354138_d8c1480d80_z.jpg

6141801837_9dbb2fdb15_z.jpg

6141802339_a8b0722140_z.jpg

6141802705_0b0b31f244_z.jpg

6142355788_980082cd38_z.jpg

6142356118_430f545c3e_z.jpg

6141803959_2450e72e5f_z.jpg

6141804383_72f316df08_z.jpg

6142357626_beccce60d0_z.jpg

6141805093_6d072c8341_z.jpg

We stopped to get Alyssa a Snow White Pressed Penny. We put it in her Penny book that we picked up for her for our January Vacation.

6141805335_901e02217d_z.jpg

We stopped by the shop to see if we wanted to borrow a Movie. The selection was picked over (thank you rain)

6141795941_eb05ef9efe_z.jpg

6141796861_9da54299f6_z.jpg

6142350232_3d6c4b58d9_z.jpg

6141806273_7054613421_z.jpg

We tried the pool again and it was closed. We took it as a sign to go to bed in our still stuffy room!

We were heading home tomorrow!

Love all the pics and everything. We have gone a few times in September- boy is it steamy!!! But the lines are great....:thumbsup2

The Lines are great in January and February too, a lot less hot! HAHA! :rotfl:

September 10, 2011 - Day 12 - The End

Today was the day we were checking out. I wanted to stay one more day, but my Dad and sister were flipping out and didn't want us flying on September 11th. I am actually glad that we were leaving.

I woke up super hot. Pete and I took showers and get dressed. We finished up some last minute packing.

We have never been so excited to check out of a hotel! LOL

We went to the front desk and complained again and then we went out front to check our bags. We were flying southwest and it was so nice to be able to check luggage right at our hotel. GENIUS! Disney really is all about keeping it's guests happy!

After we checked our bags we headed to the bus. We took a bus to Downtown Disney and then transferred to Saratoga Springs.

We had Lunch reservations! I was sooo excited. We would be eating at the Turf Club. Using our final two table service credits. That is not the exciting part. The exciting part was that we were dining with one of the sweetest, kindest people I know! My friend Cam!!

She was staying at Saratoga Springs for a weekend of R&R and was nice enough to agree to have lunch with us.

Funniest thing though, we have to get together and have lunch in Disney, roughly 900 miles from home when we live about an hour away from each other! HA!

None of us had ever been to the Turf Club and I for one was pleasantly surprised. Lunch was great. I didn't take pictures, but I had The Roasted mushrooms as an appetizer and the Chicken Sandwich. Pete had Fish & Chips and Cam had a Salad with shrimp in it. (I think, I could be totally wrong on all of them. HA!)

We had lunch for almost two hours and then it was time to say good bye! We walked out together and posed for a quick picture.

6859195787_b6a818fe46_z.jpg

We chatted a little more and then Pete and I got a cab back to the Wilderness Lodge.

We sat in the lobby and could not wait for the Magical Express.

We had no issues and we were home in just a few hours! What a WONDERFUL fun trip!

Now about the room.....When I got home I called DVC and complained and they refunded me one nights worth of points....YAY! AND to make it better they refunded Friday nights point instead of Thursday's, That was an extra 3 points! HA!

Yeah for DVC making it right and refunding you some points... :thumbsup2

I'm sad that this trip is over, but happy that the next one will be beginning soon... :goodvibes

I started the new Trip Report......GO HERE to read all about Alyssa's 4th birthday at the Boardwalk Resort!

I apologize, I'm only on page 2, but I have a quick question - there's a pic of your little girl coming down Pelican Plunge in a lifejacket. Where do you get the lifejackets?

I've never encouraged my DD (she'll turn 7 on our Dream B2B next week) to go over there, I know she wouldn't feel safe plunging into deep water at the base of the slide (despite the fact she's a very strong swimmer)...

Thanks!

6142314428_31ffe65b48_z.jpg

I LOVE THIS! Where was this taken and be you recall the price of it? I was down there in Sept too and i didnt see it :(

I wish I remembered where this was...shoot I wish I had bought it myself! LOL

I apologize, I'm only on page 2, but I have a quick question - there's a pic of your little girl coming down Pelican Plunge in a lifejacket. Where do you get the lifejackets?

I've never encouraged my DD (she'll turn 7 on our Dream B2B next week) to go over there, I know she wouldn't feel safe plunging into deep water at the base of the slide (despite the fact she's a very strong swimmer)...

Thanks!

They gave her the life jacket and required that she wear it. It was all right there at the plunge. :)

She did not love it even though she adores water slides and roller coasters. I think it was the drop between the end of the slide and the water she didn't like.

They gave her the life jacket and required that she wear it. It was all right there at the plunge. :)

She did not love it even though she adores water slides and roller coasters. I think it was the drop between the end of the slide and the water she didn't like.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I just have somehow never wandered over there on my last 4 times to CC (two previous double-dips).

My DD LOVES LOVES LOVES the Mickey slide on the dream. She'll do the Aquaduck once or twice, but goes right back to the Mickey slide. I'll have to see if she's feeling brave next week!

6142314428_31ffe65b48_z.jpg

I LOVE THIS! Where was this taken and be you recall the price of it? I was down there in Sept too and i didnt see it :(

Sorry I've been MIA... Darn work for interfering with my DIS time!!!

Anyway, I've seen this two places... The Art of Animation store at Downtown Disney and at Hollywood Studios in the pin store located in the giant blue sorcerer hat...

Just found the link to Alyssa's 4th birthday trip... Headed there now... :cool1:

Thanks...not to convince my husband we need this!!!

Alyssa's 4th Birthday trip is good.....I need to work on her 5th soon as I finish the Hawaii Cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter