A week in Washington DC - Day 5

Claire L

<font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f
Wednesday June 17th 2009

This morning we started with breakfast at open City :teeth: We decided to have something different this time and I had the omelette and Nathan made up his own breakfast combination!

Brekkie_omlete_OC.JPG

Brekkie_a_la_carte_OC.JPG

As usual it was quite busy here.

Inside_OC.JPG

We were soon on our way to Pentagon City shopping mall to finish off what we didn’t do on Sunday. It was really quite nice and quiet today.

Pentagon_Mall_again_1.JPG

Pentagon_Mall_again_2.JPG

After a couple of hours at the mall we headed off on the Metro to the Mall for some more museums. We started with the Art Gallery and saw some nice paintings.

Art_gallery_1.JPG

Art_gallery_2.JPG

Art_gallery_3.JPG

They had a display area for the Lincoln Memorial as well.

Art_gallery_5.JPG

Art_gallery_6.JPG

The open areas were nicely decorated as well.

Art_gallery_4.JPG

Art_gallery_7.JPG

Then we moved along to the Natural History museum.

Natural_History_museum_1.JPG

Natural_History_museum_2.JPG

Natural_History_museum_3.JPG

Natural_History_museum_4.JPG

Natural_History_museum_8.JPG

The Hope Diamond was amazing, hmm wonder how much of a lottery win I would need to buy it! :confused3

Natural_History_museum_6.JPG

Some of the other gems were huge but not as expensive.

Natural_History_museum_7.JPG

The obligatory dinosaurs were there :thumbsup2

Natural_History_museum_5.JPG

Natural_History_museum_9.JPG

By the time we left it was late afternoon and we made our way back to the hotel via the Metro. The Metro by the hotel has one of the steepest escalators I have ever seen, it must take a couple of minutes to go all the way up or down.

Metro_tunnel.JPG

Soon we were back out in the open and walking down the street past all the restaurants to the hotel.

Street_1.JPG

Street_2.JPG

This evening once again we went to Dupont Circle and had a look round for an Italian, we did see Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse and thought we may come back later in the week so settled on Bertucci’s. We ordered a carafe of white wine and to start with I had the Tuscan Chicken Wings - A Bertucci's original. Spicy wings marinated in lemon and rosemary. Grilled, juicy and crispy.

Italian_meal_2.JPG

While Nathan had the Mozzarella Fritta - Breaded mozzarella pan-fried in extra-virgin olive oil and served over plum tomato sauce with fresh basil and a sprinkle of Romano cheese.

Italian_meal_1.JPG

Then I went for the Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken & Asparagus - Classic Alfredo sauce tossed with fettuccine, fresh grilled chicken and tender asparagus.

Italian_meal_4.JPG

Nathan had the Grilled Steak and Chicken Combo - A combination plate with 6 oz. of sliced flat iron steak, grilled, cooked to medium and a grilled lemon-thyme chicken breast over diced Tuscan tomatoes. Served with fresh asparagus and red skin mashed potatoes.

Italian_meal_3.JPG

The meal was lovely but we didn’t want dessert so headed off to the Krispy Kreme store that we had seen when getting off the Metro and purchased some Krispy kremes :) These got back to the hotel safely and we both ate one and left the other for tomorrow.

Claire ;)

amazing piccies again. I am so hungry now i think I could eat all of tose dishes they look really delish :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter