A WDW Dream Vacation in the Making for Katelyn PTR

Finally got over here to read your trippie! Love everything posted. And your story got me all emotional. Katelyn is beautiful! My dd, Sara BEth, loved all the club penguin on her bed. She is a club penguin addict! WE homeschool too!

Looking forward to reading some more! It's almost Disney time!:banana:

Finally got over here to read your trippie! Love everything posted. And your story got me all emotional. Katelyn is beautiful! My dd, Sara BEth, loved all the club penguin on her bed. She is a club penguin addict! WE homeschool too!

Looking forward to reading some more! It's almost Disney time!:banana:

Oh my goodness...Katelyn & Sarah Beth should be friends on Club Penguin!! She too is an addict!! Is there a 12 step program for that?!?!?! :rotfl2:

It is ALWAYS nice to meet anoth homeschooling family, that can relate to my insanity!! :rotfl:

Another day of Big Give mania today!!! 4 packages came today!!! WOW!!! If I had a fraction of the talent this families have....I cannot even imagine it!!

Our first package of the day was from our new friends, the Feltners. Katelyn & Kenzie have become great friends because of the Dis!! The girls sent each other "Big Gives" for their trips!!

IMGP9476.jpg

Ooh!! Mickey earrings in her birthstone!!

IMGP9829.jpg

IMGP9830.jpg

They went RIGHT into her ears!! ;)
There was also some pixie dust in that package too!! It was stuffed!!

IMGP9857.jpg

Thanks Feltners!! Can't wait to hear all about Kenzie's Wish trip!!

The next package is from Beth Thomason & Family (disname: Blyssfull)

IMGP9833.jpg

This package was STUFFED with pixie dust!! It was practically bursting at the seams!!

IMGP9835.jpg

But it included something extra special!! An iPod touch case!!! And it is Mickey!!

IMGP9836.jpg

IMGP9853.jpg

Thanks so much!! The ipod case works perfectly!! And she will enjoy all of the pixie dust!!

Package # 3 came to us from The Whitehead family (disname:mommyof2princesses)

IMGP9839.jpg

Oh my goodness!! This girl is a zebra fanatic!! She flipped over this bag!! She can change purses everyday for a week & not use the same one twice!!

IMGP9841.jpg

There were also some inspirational stones that are very cool. Katelyn loves trinkets like that!!

IMGP9855.jpg

Last but definitely not least, the final Give package was from Glenda Castro (disname:gcast1)

IMGP9842.jpg

This package was STUFFED full of all kinds a fabulousness!!

IMGP9846.jpg

IMGP9849.jpg

There was the coolest bag in this package. It is called an Eye Spy bag. It is filled with beads, but hidden in the beads are all kinds of treasures. But the key is you have to hunt through to find them. Katelyn & her grandparents played with this bag for an hour tonight!! They had the best time hunting for the treasures!!

IMGP9854.jpg

Thanks so much Glenda!! You already have made memories for K & her grandparents!! They are looking forward to hunting more tomorrow!! :rotfl:

Thanks again for all of the gifts!! Your talent & kindness is overwhelming!!

looks like Katelyn will have plenty to keep her occupied during down time! love the rosetta bag!

Once again, what super fun stuff you got from the Big Give. Katelyn must be in zebra pattern heaven! How awesome is that!!!! I love seeing pictures of her opening everything.

Wow!!! That is a lot of awesome loot!!!

Okay - must run - we homeschool also and I have to get my son to finish up some of his work before we leave the house this morning!!!

Katelyn is so rocking that zebra! Glad to be a part of making her trip a little more special. Thanks for posting such awesome pictures!

Glenda

I have been up to my ears in Big Gives over here!! I haven't left an actual update in awhile!!

We are :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I just cannot believe that we started this journey at 179 days...or somewhere around there!!! :eek: So needless to say, we are getting VERY VERY excited here!! And all of the FABULOUS Big Gives have just made the countdown all the more exciting!!

I had my CT scan Monday & then had a follow up appointment with my surgeon!! Everything looks good on his end, so I don't have to see him again for a year!! :banana: I see my oncologist next Wednesday to get final results on the CT scan!! The 21st will mark 1 year since my surgery to remove a very rare tumor from my stomach. When I think back on the roller coaster, I am still amazed. Katelyn was so strong & helped me out so much while I was unable to do for myself. That gave her a little nudge towards independance. I will be doing much reflecting & praying over the next week. I am so thankful that everything turned out the way it did. My oncologist told me that I am one of the lucky ones. He said that by the time I saw him, they see basically be making me comfortable & that the cancer would have normally taken over everything. So I truly have LOTS to be thankful for!!

Back to the fun stuff... we are having a little send off party for friends & close family on Sunday. She had seen a couple of her friends that went through MAW get parties, so I told her we could have one too. Our dream will be officially delivered to us on the 26th!!! :yay::woohoo::yay:

I just finished the Harry Potter books & I am now watching the movies so I am really excited for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I MUST try some butterbeer & I think Miss K will have to have a chocolate frog!! I think we might skip the beans though!! If I got a nasty one, well...:rolleyes1 I am not promising anything!! :rotfl2:

Thanks so much for following along on this journey!! Weird to think that in about 3 weeks, I will be starting a Trip Report!! :eek:

:love: & :hug:

I do have some Big Gives to update...soon!!

I still have a chocolate frog! They are big so you can share them! I'm glad you are having your own send off party! Make sure you post!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

So glad everything got to you guys safe and sound and the Mickey iPod case fit! Love! all the pictures and MAN! am I jealous of her meeting Selena... I love Wizards of Waverly place...hehe.

Love all the pics and her faces are priceless. Thanks for sharing your family with us! :) Can't wait to see everything in action at The World!!

Tomorrow we will officially be doing the...

dance with us won't you?????

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::dancer:party::jumping3::Pinkbounc:ccat::donald::sulley::tigger:
:hmghost::mickeyjum:dogdance:

I have lots of Big Give action to catch up on...we have been very busy with last minute doctors appointments & stuff!!

I will be attacking my arch nemesis this weekend... :laundy: Superman had hs kryptonite, mine just happens to be :laundy:!!! :rotfl2:

Will try to get Big Give updated tonight!!!!

:banana::woohoo::banana::woohoo::banana:
I'm dancing with you guys. How exciting you are down to single digits. The party sounds like fun.

Great news about your CT scan. Just one more reason to dance. :banana::woohoo::banana::woohoo:

:dance3:

I am sooo behind on my Big Give updates!! I am so sorry!!

I had all of my appointments over last couple of weeks & then my father in law was diagnosed with bladder cancer late last week as well. It looks like his surgery may be while we are on our Dream trip!! :eek:

So bare with me as I try to pick up where we left off!!

Okay...so these are not in order for some weird reason...:confused3

So first up we have a package from Eric & Jenny G. (no disname)

IMGP9887.jpg

The poor mail carrier is really earning her pay lately!! :lmao:

IMGP9889.jpg

IMGP9893.jpg

Okay...we totally LOVE these shirts!! We threw Katelyn a little send off party and guess what we chose to wear??

IMGP9943-1.jpg

Everyone LOVED them!! Thanks so much!!

The next package is from Andrea (disname: VBAndrea)

IMGP9890.jpg

I will try to get some modeling shots soon, but in the package were the CUTEST t-shirts for all of us. Mulan, which happens to be one of our favorite princesses and of course her buddy Mushu for Chris. And Miss K got a cute little skirt & tote bag to match!!

IMGP9891.jpg

This child is gonna be the best dressed in all of WDW!!! :rotfl2: Thanks so much Andrea!!

Okay...my pictures of this next give are missing...at least the ones of K opening the package...I am so sorry!!!

The package was from Linette V (no disname) and she really spoiled Katelyn rotten!!

3 skirt outfits (2 of which she has already worn!! ;) )

I will try to find those other pictures & will post when I find them!!

But these are the outfits!!

IMGP9896.jpg

IMGP9895.jpg

IMGP9894.jpg

She has worn the black & pink Minnie & she wore the Orange & yellow Mickey to the Dream Factory fundraiser we were asked to speak at. She looked so cute!!

Okay...I will post more in another update!!

Here we go...I didn't reallize how far behind I really was!! YIKES!!! By the way...in case you didn't notice...we are TOTALLY doing the SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
The first Mickey mail package was from Jodi W. (no disname)

IMGP9872.jpg

IMGP9874.jpg

You can see that Presely, the monster dog, wants him too!! :lmao:

Inside was a fabulous crocheted Goofy!! Oh my goodness!! This made me want o learn to crochet, just so I can make these for the Give!!

IMGP9875.jpg

There were also crocheted Minnie head pins & a Mickey head pin for Chris!! We wore them to Katelyn's send off party & we are looking forward to wearing them at WDW!!!

Next up was a big package from Kate A. (disname:PirateKate)

IMGP9876.jpg

Hmmm....What is in this package?!?!?!

IMGP9878.jpg

A theme park suvival kit!!! YAY!! Everything I remembered a month ago that I needed to pack, but forgot the next day!! Kate thought of EVERYTHING we could possibly need!!! Thanks so much for being my brain Kate!!! ;) You saved me!!!

IMGP9880.jpg

Next we have a Big Give package from Erica E. (no disname)

IMGP9961.jpg

In side of the package was polo shirts for Katelyn's dream trip!!

IMGP0068.jpg

Thanks so much Erica!! We love these!!

I think I am caught up to yesterday!! If you sent something & you haven't seen it posted, please let me know!!! I seem to have lost a few of the photos that i remember taking, so please holler!!

We recieved 2 packages yesterday!!

#1 was from Chris B. (disname:crissyj6)

IMGP9983.jpg

Miss K has become quite an expert at opening any kind of box or mailing container you can throw her way!! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

IMGP9984.jpg

As a fellow scrapbooker, I know how much hard work was put into this!!

IMGP9985.jpg

IMGP0070.jpg

Just a few of the pages!!

IMGP0071.jpg

IMGP0072.jpg

Thanks so much Chris!! She will have a blast putting her pictures in her very own scrapbook!! ;)

Okay...watch for another update!! i am almost caught up!! (if only I could say that about :laundy:)

Goofy goes everywhere with Katelyn!!

Okay..I am almost there!! :lmao:

#2 from yesterday was from the Sellman Family!! (no disname)

IMGP9987.jpg

There was some cool lipgloss that you can bling out yourself, but the coolest was the trading pins!!! We are new to the world of pin trading at the world. And now, she has some cool ones to head down & start trading away!!

As you can see...we already have them loaded onto the lanyard & ready for trading!!

IMGP0074.jpg

She has the ones she might trade & the ones she decided she wsa keeping already figured out!! :rotfl2:

IMGP0075.jpg

My favorite is the big close up of Mickey's face!! It makes me smile when I see it!! Thanks so much!!

Today we received 2 more Mickey Mail packages!!

The first one was from disname desiab

IMGP0064.jpg

Hmmm...

IMGP0065.jpg

IMGP0066.jpg

It's PIXIE DUST!! As you can tell...anything that you have to color is a huge hit in this house!! This package hadn't had any time to cool, before she was coloring the Belle poster!!

IMGP0069.jpg

Thanks so much desiab!! We will have lots to do on the plane ride to WDW!!

And last but definately not least...it is our buddy Wendy
(disname: BillWendy)!! Wendy...we cannot thank you enough for this amazing experience!! I know I sound like a broken record, but you have no idea what this has meant to us!!

IMGP0059.jpg

What could be in here???

IMGP0060.jpg

IMGP0061.jpg

And a zebra slap bracelet (which you will motice is not in the picture of everything together...that is because it was already on her wrist!!) :rotfl2:

IMGP0062.jpg

And a zebra print photo album...which by the way...totally matches her room!!

IMGP0063.jpg

The hoodie matched the jeans she received in a previous Give PERFECTLY!!!

IMGP0078.jpg

Thanks so much everyone!! You guys & gals are AMAZING!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter