... A Walk With Cinderella ...

♥Tinkerbell♥

Earning my wings
Ok.. so one of the most magical moments a little girl could have is the WALK with Cinderella infront of the castle... I have seen it in commericals... and in photos... but honestly I have no idea how to arrange something like this...

I know that she is with the Princess tent.... and of course in the Castle dining room.... but just how are these walks with Cinderella infront of the castle arranged??? Or is this just for their commericals???

♥Tinkerbell♥;42867500 said:
Ok.. so one of the most magical moments a little girl could have is the WALK with Cinderella infront of the castle... I have seen it in commericals... and in photos... but honestly I have no idea how to arrange something like this...

I know that she is with the Princess tent.... and of course in the Castle dining room.... but just how are these walks with Cinderella infront of the castle arranged??? Or is this just for their commericals???

As far as I know this is only done in commercials.

Commericals only. For the right amount of cash, this could probably happen, but I have no idea where you would go to figure out how to do it. I know there have been engagmenets that have included Cinderella and Prince Charming so I'm sure it is possible. It doesn't occur everyday and would probably be expensive.

On our last trip, we were walking through tomorrowland and Stitch must have been going to "his place" to sign autographs and take pictures. Out of nowhere he came up to my daughter (7) , grabbed her hand, danced with her and skipped through tomorrowland with her.

I have watched characters do this a couple times on our trips and always thought , oh that lucky kid and those lucky parents to get such great pictures.

It was so sweet, DD was thrilled while I looked back and seen a line full of people watching Stitch with my daughter.

It may not be Cinderella in front of the castle but random magical moments with characters do happen.

Ya... we have had a few other characters too that were walking from one place to another that stopped for our kiddies too... but NEVER Cinderella.... I am sure she uses the tunnels or ya.. everyone would be stopping her...

I just wondered if it was something that you had to arrange and if it was... who or where to call to get it arranged.....

It is sad that they put it out there in the commericals and every little girl.. (and mommy) dreams of having that moment with Cinderella... but only to get stuck in a small little room with her or a crowded resturant.... :(

When we were just there we saw Peter Pan leave his character greeting spot with two little girls and march them right in to "meet the fairies". It was so cute.

I think the best moments at Disney are like that. Sure if you have the money you can pay for memories but stuff like that is priceless. (;

Celebrities do it all of the time. I have a photo of Suri Cruise in this exact same situation - I use it with my students and they have to write a newspaper article to attach to the photo.

We have also seen some other private situations such as this while at MK, and it wasn't for a commercial as no video cameras were set up.

Regular people can rent out Disney characters, but per hour rates are astronomical. I spoke to a Disney exec about it one time.

Tiger

When my oldest DD was 3 we "came upon" the 7 dwarves signing autographs just off of main street. Well DD was going from dwarf to dwarf, and just as she reached Grumpy they had to go. DD, being 3, and much to my dismay, threw herself on the ground in an allout tantrum!!!:scared1:

A CM pulled DexH aside and told him that they were actually going to get Snow White to bring her out, and to wait there. Welllllll, DD had tucked herself into a corner, head in knees,arms around head, crying her eyes out when Snow White came out.

Snow White asked "where is she?" and we just sorta pointed, we were kinda dumfounded/embarrassed.:lmao: Snow White went over to her, sat on the ground next to her and started talking quietly in her ear. Well DD peeked up over her arms, realized who was sitting there talking to her, and launched herself into Snow Whites arms!!!:woohoo:

Snow white picked her up and carried her over to us, and kissed DD with bright Red lipstick on her cheek. She then asked her, "who's your favorite Princess?" and of course DD answers back: "CINDERELLA" :rotfl::rotfl:

Snow White took it in stride and said, "well Cinderella is a very good friend of mine, and she would love to see you in her castle." The CM then whisked us off to the castle where DD got to sit on Cinderella's throne while she greeted some of her other guests. Cinderella planted a pink kiss on the other cheek, and the fairy godmother planted one on her forehead, for the rest of the afternoon we walked around the park and the CM's all remarked that she was the "little girl that got kissed by the princesses":banana:

:lovestruc I loved Disney before that trip, but that day made Disney Magical for me:love:... too bad DD, who is now 16, claims she hates Disney now...:scared1: I'll just leave her home when I take her little brother and sister :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

For anything like that, I think a lot of it is if you are in the right place at the right time. Our moment wasn't with Cinderella but with Mulan in Epcot. (I think she is the nicest of the 'princesses' - she always takes so much time with my DDs!!) This time she walked DD from the front of China all the way to the kidcot in the back!!

Image134.jpg

I agree, sometimes it just happens. Handy Manny (not even close to the celebrity that Cinderella is...) took my daughter's hand and walked her around for a bit in front of Disney Jr. I love the picture taken from the back, but i always wondered if she was smiling as much as we were .... I can't imagine what would have to happen to make me change the picture.

When my oldest DD was 3 we "came upon" the 7 dwarves signing autographs just off of main street. Well DD was going from dwarf to dwarf, and just as she reached Grumpy they had to go. DD, being 3, and much to my dismay, threw herself on the ground in an allout tantrum!!!:scared1:

A CM pulled DexH aside and told him that they were actually going to get Snow White to bring her out, and to wait there. Welllllll, DD had tucked herself into a corner, head in knees,arms around head, crying her eyes out when Snow White came out.

Snow White asked "where is she?" and we just sorta pointed, we were kinda dumfounded/embarrassed.:lmao: Snow White went over to her, sat on the ground next to her and started talking quietly in her ear. Well DD peeked up over her arms, realized who was sitting there talking to her, and launched herself into Snow Whites arms!!!:woohoo:

Snow white picked her up and carried her over to us, and kissed DD with bright Red lipstick on her cheek. She then asked her, "who's your favorite Princess?" and of course DD answers back: "CINDERELLA" :rotfl::rotfl:

Snow White took it in stride and said, "well Cinderella is a very good friend of mine, and she would love to see you in her castle." The CM then whisked us off to the castle where DD got to sit on Cinderella's throne while she greeted some of her other guests. Cinderella planted a pink kiss on the other cheek, and the fairy godmother planted one on her forehead, for the rest of the afternoon we walked around the park and the CM's all remarked that she was the "little girl that got kissed by the princesses":banana:

:lovestruc I loved Disney before that trip, but that day made Disney Magical for me:love:... too bad DD, who is now 16, claims she hates Disney now...:scared1: I'll just leave her home when I take her little brother and sister :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Oh my word, I love this story!

I think this is something that just has to happen as magical is not so much planned but the unplanned that happens.

Last year, we had late dinner reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table. We had just taken our photo with Cinderella and were waiting to be called upstairs when the fireworks began. Cinderella took a little girl who was next to her by the hand and walked outside the castle with her. My DD went as well. Cinderella watched the fireworks with the two girls on either side of her. It made my daughter's day and she still talks about how she watched the fireworks with Cinderella.

My 6 yo DD is a HUGE Tiana fan. When we were at MK last July, Tiana just happened to be on the train for the opening show. My DD was in heaven! At rope drop we walked in and were heading for Fantasyland when Tiana was suddenly right beside us on Main Street, and then before I knew it, my DD was walking hand in hand with her down the street toward the castle. The moment only lasted about 30 seconds before Tiana had to head off again, and I never even got a picture, the camera was still in my bag, not even out for the day yet, but it is ALL my DD talks about from that trip. She got to walk with Tiana..

And when we actually met Tiana, at her meet and greet a day or so later, she took one look at my DD and said "wait a minute, I remember You!" Totally made my DD's YEAR!!!!!

♥Tinkerbell♥;42876401 said:
I just wondered if it was something that you had to arrange and if it was... who or where to call to get it arranged.....

It is sad that they put it out there in the commericals and every little girl.. (and mommy) dreams of having that moment with Cinderella... but only to get stuck in a small little room with her or a crowded resturant.... :(

It can't be available to every single little girl who visits WDW. It just can't be done. You can either get it as special pixie dust or you can pay for it. You can absolutely call and have it arranged- if you're prepared to pay for it. Me, I can't/won't spend that sort of money, so we'll happily accept the standard interactions and be thrilled if something special happens.

I don't think it is sad that they show something magical in the commerical and I certainly don't dream of it or feel "stuck" with the wonderful interactions my DD got with the princess meet and greet. Her Belle moments were fabulous.

Within the first year or so "Beauty and the Beast" was out, we were in an alley at that time MGM, that I had heard Belle and the Beast went to to greet guests. Belle came out and greeted my dear daughter, who was in a Disney Belle dress, Belle socks, Belle tennis shoes, Belle underwear and Belle hair bows, sat down on the curb with her and told her her she looked so much like her, same hair, same eyes, etc. She just sat and visited with her. No one else around. The Beast then came out and offered her his paw and danced with her. It was magical!!!! This past summer when we were there with my DD and HER daughter, I slipped a handler a note about this encounter. When Belle came to our table, she told my daughter she looked familiar to her, and didn't they meet many years ago and sit and talk? To see that moment of confusion and magic on my 22 year olds face, that Belle had "remembered" their time was priceless! The "walk" with Cinderella may not happen, but be open to other magical moments that will.

On our first big family visit, we were close to the hat in DHS and Mickey and Minnie were on their way out to the hat. Mickey took DD's hands and started waltzing with her and Minnie did the same with DS. It was so sweet to see my teen age son dressed all in black, blushing as he danced with Minnie! :lmao: It was kind of an ongoing joke that trip as everywhere we saw Minnie (character meals and such), DS got a kiss on the cheek from her. I guess they all thought this boy in black needed a little Disney magic.

On the same trip, we just happened to be in front of the train station in MK when Chip and Dale came out and they ran and played hide and seek with dd.

Its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter