A Walk Down Memory Isle

katdocnorf

DVC since 1997
Anybody else have anything old, they can scan in so we can all see or pics that bring back memories or makes newbies to the WDW community say "WOW!!!"

1997MKMap.jpg
DISCOVERYISLAND.jpg

DIMap.jpg

Come on somebody is bound to have some old pics to share. PLEASE, I love to look at the old days of WDW. How about some old pics of River Country? or at Discovery Island? Pics of the Castle over the years and its many looks (i.e. 25th Anny Cake Castle). The Poly's old pool area before the refurb.. Disney Village (Pre-Downtown Disney). Old Menus, old maps, brochures (speaking of which I have some travel mags from late 80's, I'll scan some of those pics from that and put them up here later today or tomorrow). ANYTHING PLEASE...

Awwwww...that really made me smile!!!!! Thanks for the pick-me-up on this workday! :)

I don't have any! But I wanted to say thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see some more!

bumping to see if anybody has anything else. How about pics from River Country???

I do! I do! Only I can't post them just yet-- sorry.

I talked my mother into 'loaning' me 3 of our old family albums so I could go through and scan all the pics from my childhood Disney trips. I'm still working on it and had planned on finishing it up this weekend, but I'll get to work on the River Country ones after work today. Sorry for the size of some of these, I've tried to edit in Photobucket to make them smaller, but I can't seem to get it done correctly :confused3

From 1973:Me & little brother
000_0198.jpg

000_0192.jpg

And from 1976... we added little sister:
000_0186.jpg

From 1979, my mom & 2004, my DS...
000_0195.jpg

And not an old one... but this is a picture of the trip we took in 2004 with the whole family! Siblings and I planned it, called our parents and said, "We're taking you to Disney World!" We stayed at the Poly in 1979 so we had to go there for Tonga Toast and a picture:
cradybunchatpoly-1.jpg

Yes that thread was good also. But I still want more... I love old pictures its great to see how Disney has changed and people have changed and clothes have changed. KEEP THEM COMING...

I've got some good old pictures from about 14 years ago. I've got some from the old "Disney Inn" resort and other oldies but goodies. I would love to post them but everytime I try to upload them, the boards won't accept them because it says they are too big. I have these pics saved in Word to "My Pictures". Anyone know how I can make the file smaller so that they will post?:confused3

I've got some good old pictures from about 14 years ago. I've got some from the old "Disney Inn" resort and other oldies but goodies. I would love to post them but everytime I try to upload them, the boards won't accept them because it says they are too big. I have these pics saved in Word to "My Pictures". Anyone know how I can make the file smaller so that they will post?:confused3

Make sure your pics are saved with the .jpg extension on the end. Open them with Microsoft Photo Editor. Then open the image using Windows Image and Fax View. Under the picture there is an icon which is an edit icon. Click on it. On the menu at the top of the screen click image then stretch/skew. Under stretch change the percentage to a size so that the picture only fills about 1/3 of the screen.

Souvin Ear huh? I understand....:thumbsup2

Now that is the kind of stuff I am talking about. Anybody else have something like that or maps, brouchers...anything....

I finally found the old travel brouchers that I had.

Enjoy

This was the old Disney Village Resort (from 1989).
DisneyTravel1989Village2.jpg

River Country from 1989
DisneyTravel1989RiverCountry.jpg

The Disney Inn from 1989
DisneyTravel1989Inn.jpg

The Fort Wilderness Cabins from 1989.. Yeah this is what they used to look like. In 1998 and 1999 I remember seeing them bringing in the New Cabins, what we see now.
DisneyTravel1989Cabins.jpg

And then from 1990 Disney used to use Premier Cruise Lines to make their Land and Sea packages. No Disney Cruise Line back then....
DisneyCruise1990.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter