• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Victorian Pre.Christmas Pre.Trip Report for December 2008 UPDATE: Dining ADRs

LostRosetta

Mouseketeer
Hello All! :welcome: Welcome to my very early pre-trip report. :wave2: This will be my second time to Walt Disney World and my first time going as an adult. That’s right, after July 5th I will turn 18 and will be officially crowned as a mature, responsible, and serious adult. (Or at least that is what my father thinks…) Anyway, I shall proceed with the who, the what, the when, the where, and the why of this much to be needed WDW vacation.

The What

This will be the section where I will post links to my individual pre-trip report posts for those who do not wish to read conversation between posts. That is, if there even is conversation.

The Who

Me- :princess: The seventeen, soon to be eighteen, year old princess who does not act a year over seven. Disney and I have had a very interesting relationship over the years. When I was very small my father was a VIP you could say at Disneyland. We lived in California so we went several times a year. My proudest moment was that I can say I went to the very first showing of Fantasmic ever. I was also allowed to go into rooms and areas that regular park guests would never know about. The sad part however, is that I don’t know about them either. When I said I was very small, I meant very small; only a couple years of age. I now have virtually no memories of this time so I guess I am back to being a Disney newbie.

Once I started grade school, however, things really changed. I was put into advanced placement classes starting in the fourth grade and my life ever since has been very school oriented. Sadly, Disney had no place in my life for about the next thirteen years. :sad1: I graduated high school early which meant leaving after my freshmen and sophomore years, so no prom night for me. I started college when I was fifteen and am now in my sophomore year.

I am pleased to say that once again times have changed and now I am as Disney obsessed as possible. :cheer2: My very first trip to the world was December 12-22 of 2007 and it was overall a very nice trip. We stayed in the Contemporary Resort but not in the main building. I had started a pre-trip report for this trip but unfortunately never completed it. The entire trip was planned only two months out and since everything was booked all at once, I believe I simply got overwhelmed and could never hope to catch up and write it all down. The times are very different now and I am pleased to say that this trip will be my first pre-trip report, trip report, and food report. Yep, you heard right folks; you will be living this trip right along with me. :thumbsup2

Now, considering you will be learning a lot about me as I continue to write this report, I will move on to the next and last person going on this trip with me, my father.

1f48fbce84c6c04c61d28341fec6b79a.jpg

DDad- :cool2: The man in his fifties who likes to act like he is in his twenties. My father is very much like me in that he loves to try anything and everything. He will go on virtually any ride I want to ranging from Dumbo to Rockin’ Rollercoaster. He is very sarcastic and has a playful dry witty humor. He keeps up with me for the most part and loves to try all different sorts of food. He now travels a lot due to his job so he cherishes these Disney trips because we get to spent so much one on one time with each other. As much as he hates to admit it, Disney really does bring out the kid in him; towards the end of our last vacation he was even willing to get pictures with some of the characters like Donald by himself. All in all I am proud to call him my father and while he complains a lot, he does like to do whatever he can to make me happy when we are on vacation.

DMom- :hippie: I will now answer a few questions I know are on your minds. Yes, I do have a mother. No, she does not like theme parks. And no, she does not come with us. My mother is also in her fifties, but she just does not get much joy out of theme parks so she just stays home with the dogs while we are gone. She is one of the nicest people you will meet and often goes out of her way to help someone else.

Sophie- :cutie: She is my wonderful sheltie who I got as my fifth birthday present. She is and always will be my puppy and has earned herself nicknames like ‘Cutie’ and ‘Sweetie.’ I have raised her since she was a pup and half the time she still acts like one as well. [Pictures will be up soon.]

Bojangles- :darth: He has earned himself the nickname ‘Devil Dog.’ Unlike Sophie, he is not very friendly towards other humans or dogs and loves to bark often. He was adopted from a shelter and at first showed signs of having been abused previously. He is only a couple of years old, but since he is overweight he is less active then Sophie.

The Where

I think by now this part should be obvious, but just in case you have been living in the clouds, we will be going to WALT DISNEY WORLD! More specifically though, we will be staying at the Grand Floridian. When my father called to put in the reservations I had him request a room in the Sago Cay on the second or third floor because we also booked a Magic Kingdom view. I am hoping we will get a very of the castle and not Space Mountain so I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

The When

This is where things get tricky. :confused3: We currently have reservations for December 12-23 of 2008 but will probably not stay all the nights. We have to leave on the twenty-third to be back home so that we can go shopping for Christmas but the first date is the problem. You see, I currently attend college at the University of Houston but am looking to transfer to another school. I will be applying to transfer at the end of this semester which would mean changing colleges before our trip. If I change colleges, then the end of the semester exam dates will change which could mean not being done with school before the 12th. I’m crossing my fingers that I will be done or that I can at least talk to professors to change final dates, but you never know.

The Why

We are now finally at the part you have been waiting for, the why. I have already explained about the whole changing college thing, but there are a few other reasons as well. This semester I am finally taking Organic Chemistry. :scared1: This subject combined with a few other ones makes my schedule very difficult and time consuming. My father and I both agreed that after part one this semester and part two next semester I will need a nice break away from all that is school.

So, I think that pretty much covers my first post. I will be adding a few more pictures to this once I track them down. If you have any questions either about me or for me, please feel free to ask! I love making new friends on the boards and hope that maybe while I’m there someone will recognize me. :thumbsup2

Sounds like you'll have a great time, especially since you'll have so much time to plan this time around.

My previous trips have always been kind of spur-of-the-moment, with just a few months or weeks even to plan. This time, I planned almost a year out!

Sounds like you'll have a great time, especially since you'll have so much time to plan this time around.

My previous trips have always been kind of spur-of-the-moment, with just a few months or weeks even to plan. This time, I planned almost a year out!

I know what you mean about spur of the moment. Even when I was two months out on my last trip I still couldn’t get very good ADR times for meals or anything. Some days I even ended up going to three different parks to try and fit in EMH and meal times. :confused3: Not very good. Hopefully you’ve had better luck.

It is cool that you planned so far out this time. Did you find it made things easier?

Okay everybody, it is update time! :dance3: I know, I know, you must all be thinking that her trip is not for another ten months, how can she possibly have something to say? Well, I do. Sort of. I have decided that since I have slowly watched my thread fall to the third page it is time to get it back up to page one. So now you don’t see the board, now you do! :wizard:

But really, on to business. Camera business. In the past week I have been searching through pages and pages of digital camera review sites to try and find the perfect camera for my next trip to the World. Right now I’m working with a Canon PowerShot S110.

416M17SSX4L._AA280_.jpg

Yeah, it is old. Probably about two or three years old. While it still works and all the zoom capabilities are horrendous. This camera wouldn’t be able to capture the tree of life from the Its Tough to Be a Bug theater. :rotfl: Okay, I know, a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea. Don’t get me wrong, I still love it :lovestruc: , and would probably still bring it along for backup, but it really is time to get something new.

So, after talking to a couple people over on the photography boards, I have been leaning towards the Canon Digital Rebel XT.

B0007QKN22.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I really want something that can take great night pictures and actually capture fireworks without getting a blur back in return most of the time. If any of you little lurkers out there have any suggests for a camera that is under five hundred dollars in price range and can take HD quality pictures both in daylight and nightlight, let me know and you will be showered with lime green confetti.

Well, that is all for now. I’ll be back with another installment when Organic Chemistry is not ruling my life. :surfweb:

Wow, I’ve already got about fifty viewers. Hello lurkers! :wave2: (Said in Mike Wazowski voice.) Alright, so it has been a long time since my last post. I was already on page three!

I should start by saying things have been very hectic here. I have my first Organic Chemistry test this Friday and I am nervous. Forget friendly butterflies in the stomach, I’ve got gigantic vampire bat! Yeah alright, that was a pathetic metaphor, but what do you want? I’ve been studying for almost ten hours straight. :confused3:

wade6.jpg

I wish I could report I was in single digits but alas, I’m not even in single months yet. Pretty soon though! Right now I’m just over ten months. –Points to signature- Yep! :cheer2:

In recent news I’ve currently subscribed to ten Disney Podcasts. Yep, I’m trying to get my Dis on; not that I need to try that hard. I’ve also been reading so many trip reports whenever I have time. Some of them even make it seem like I’m actually there. Ah, I can smell the orange groves now. (That was a reference to Soarin’ in case you are a bit rusty too.)

Sadly though, most of my time has been spent exploring things like this:

cyclohexane.jpg

Rather than spending time focusing on Disney. Unless you count my dreams of course!

Well, I guess that is about all I can report on for now. So until next time, keep posting and get your own little buddy to cuddle up next to during those cold winter nights!

160931837_3a988a4b4a_m.jpg

Oh, and if I don't get back here before Thursday,

valentines_day_mm_112106.jpg

I'm loving this so far! I think it's great that you and your dad will get to spend some time together, and what could be a better place to spend time at than the GF---jealous! Good luck with O Chem. My roommate in college took O Chem as well, and I am happy to report that she survived. It took a lot of coffee and a lot of studying, but she made it. I have faith that someone who graduated HS as quickly as you did won't have any trouble.
I can't wait to read more!

Good luck on your exam! Organic Chemistry is one of the main reasons I took Non-Majors Biology in college. (well that and I couldn't pass regular old chemistry!) My brother is a chem major and is now getting a teaching degree for it. maybe he'll teach me a few things...
Anyway I can't wait until you get more details on your trip and I hope your dates work out for you!

I'm loving this so far! I think it's great that you and your dad will get to spend some time together, and what could be a better place to spend time at than the GF---jealous! Good luck with O Chem. My roommate in college took O Chem as well, and I am happy to report that she survived. It took a lot of coffee and a lot of studying, but she made it. I have faith that someone who graduated HS as quickly as you did won't have any trouble.
I can't wait to read more!

Aw, I’m glad to know you are enjoying it. I do try. :cutie: Yeah, it’s nice sometimes to just be able to take a break from reality with family and with schooling; sometimes it just becomes very difficult. I was so happy when we decided to go with the GF this trip. I think when we visited it last time the atmosphere at Christmas just took over. I don’t know if I’d spend the money if it wasn’t Christmas time, but since it is, I guess I should just say it stole my little Disney Resort loving heart. :lovestruc:

Thank you so much for the best wishes with chemistry. I agree with your statement about the coffee. I think my Starbucks consumption has doubled in the past few weeks. That and I’ve started to run four miles a day to relieve stress. :confused3: But anyway, have fun reading the report and if you ever write let me know, I’d love to read it. I see you have two trips coming up? Lucky!

Good luck on your exam! Organic Chemistry is one of the main reasons I took Non-Majors Biology in college. (well that and I couldn't pass regular old chemistry!) My brother is a chem major and is now getting a teaching degree for it. maybe he'll teach me a few things...
Anyway I can't wait until you get more details on your trip and I hope your dates work out for you!

Thank you so much for the good luck! It is funny but I actually never really liked regular chemistry, but organic chemistry seems to hold my interest for the most part. I guess I just treat molecules like a puzzle; trying to figure out how they fit together and all. That is so cool about your brother and his interests in chemistry. I feel a song coming on, ‘It’s a small world after all! It’s a small world after all!’ Now aren’t you glad you don’t live near enough to hear me singing? :rotfl2: Although sadly enough even written text seems to get the song stuck in my head. :confused3:

So yeah, about the dates, I’ll give you a little insider information since you were so nice and posted. :thumbsup2: I’ve decided that if I can’t wing at least 7-10 days between when I get out of college and Christmas Eve, then I’m thinking about just waiting until after the New Year when the crowds die back down and going at the very end of my college vacation since most colleges don’t resume classes until well into January. But shhh, this is top secret information. (Basically meaning it will be posted in my next update.)

Hey everybody. :wave2: Guess what? I’M BACK! :dance3: Yep, that’s right, after about a month’s leave I’m back and posting. I have such big news that I just had to make an installment. I am now the proud owner of a Canon Rebel XTi and my first A on an Organic Chemistry exam. Yippie! :banana:

So, the first step on our tour is the grand Eiffel Tower minus the lovely views of Paris, the stunning architecture, and the three-dimensional life like imagery.

retention_clip_image006.jpg

Next we have the lovely camera body. You must simply ooh and ah over its sleek design and sturdy structure.

41RMGH3XG3L._AA280_.jpg

And here we have the Great Black Lens. Look the muscle and strength on that one. Nothing can stop it.

51575WNMJYL._AA280_.jpg

Lastly, we have the filtering lenses. Hey, everybody needs a little help to make their work look great, right?

31CD8BWHJCL._AA200_.jpg

I know that this update might not seem incredibly Disney related at first, but now let us take a little trip into the creative region of my brain. Keep your arms and legs inside the capsule and be careful not to trip on any ‘wires.’

On my previous trip to Disney, I discovered the joy that is picture taking. I must say that my new found love for photography originated in the place of all magic, Walt Disney World. Every day I would found countless examples of things I wanted to photograph with a camera capable of taking such pictures that would truly capture the sight in front of me. I found challenges, in Wishes and Fantasmic, and just times to stop and smell the roses, quite literally in the Epcot rose walkways.

It is for this reason that I wanted to upgrade my point and shoot to a DSLR. I wanted a camera that would work with me to take the best possible shot without using five thousand dollar equipment.

All in all, I hope you understand the point of this update, and from here on out, I will be posting pictures as I go through the trial and error process of using my new DSLR. But hey, at least I still have nine months to learn how to use it.

And now, as I sign off on another installment, I pose a question to all of my readers, just what is your favorite memory of WDW you have captured?

Well, I've never been much of a camera person, so I've been quite remiss in capturing my trip memories on film. BUT, I do have a favorite Disney moment. It was nighttime in the MK. DH and I were riding BTMRR when Wishes started. There was something so neat about watching the fireworks while on the ride. There was also no one else interested in BTMRR at that time, so we were able to stay on for several rides. I just love that memory! :love:

Well, I've never been much of a camera person, so I've been quite remiss in capturing my trip memories on film. BUT, I do have a favorite Disney moment. It was nighttime in the MK. DH and I were riding BTMRR when Wishes started. There was something so neat about watching the fireworks while on the ride. There was also no one else interested in BTMRR at that time, so we were able to stay on for several rides. I just love that memory! :love:

Aw, that sounds like such a good memory. :cutie: I must admit that I’ve never really ridden any of the MK rides at night. Most of the time I’m just so caught up at getting the prime spots for viewing all the night time events, like Wishes, that I just don’t have time for them. But then again, I’ve only been to Disney once, so hopefully that will change this trip since I should have more time to stop and smell the roses as they say. I’ve heard that BTMRR is better and a completely different experience in the dark is this true? :confused:

Alright, so this is not really an update, but I just wanted to post some thoughts. You know those days where you just wished you never got out of bed? Yeah, today has been one of those for me. It is these days that make you appreciate that Disney magic where everything just seems to go your way even more.

It is these types of days that just make me wish even harder for my upcoming trip where I will just be able to relax and have fun. Stress free time where I can just take it easy and make happy memories with my family without having to remember the troubles of life.

Basically, I just wanted to let all my readers know, that whenever you have a bad day and think that reality is going to break you, just remember the joy you had at Disney and look ahead to your next visit, whenever that may be, to bring a little pixie dust back into your mind.

Hello Everybody! :cheer2: I know that it has been such a long time but things have been very crazy around here. Needless to say, my last update took place after my second Organic Chemistry test. That had not been a good day from start to finish and it just really made me appreciate my Disney trips all the more. I should also mention that my little dog Bojangles dislocated his fabella I believe? Or something like that or his knee cap at least. He is basically on ‘bed-rest’ right now, but if he still cannot walk on it within the next month he will have to go for surgery. :sad1:

Anyway, I must say there has not been too much happy news recently. Although, I do not think I ever posted about receiving a gift from my father reminding me of our last Disney trip. I got this about two weeks before my last Chemistry exam.

40c91ff8.jpg

This is actually a close up of Mickey in the piece. For some reason I do not have a full shot but will update this as soon as I take one! This piece can be found in a glass case in one of the shops on the right hand side of Main Street opposite the Emporium. Let me know if you have ever seen it!

It is fierce and gorgeous, I know. ;) It was the reason why we did not buy many souvenirs during our last trip, we wanted to wait and save up for this. :goodvibes:

Sadly, I still do not have much to report on our actual Disney trip. With the schedule of EMH still a few months away from coming out I do not have much to report. I suppose I shall end this update with a few pictures I took with my Rebel XTi. Keep in mind these are from my first batch I ever took with it so they are not very good or artistic. (The picture of Mickey was also taken with my camera.)

4faae940.jpg

This was when I was giving Sophie a bath. She does not like bath time at all.

b8ae3deb.jpg

This was a photo I was playing around with in Adobe Elements and just liked for some reason.

e33d0845.jpg

This is the original of the previously edited photo.

ac5b3015.jpg

I close up of a flower. I found this plant in the central garbage room of my apartment complex. My mother and I rescued it and now it gives flowers twice a year.

88cd1b00.jpg

This is Bojangles before he injured his leg sitting all high and mighty on a chair. (He injured his leg jumping off a bed.)

d1b4890c.jpg

I thought the light was pretty here.

a6bb6fbb.jpg

d9acf7da.jpg

Yes, I know, I have a thing for taking photos of flowers.

de14a403.jpg

My two babies. :lovestruc:

Wow, first I must issue a big apology to all my faithful readers. I’m sorry! :flower3: It has taken me forever to update this due to schooling issues and finals. Now however, with university out of the way until July I finally have time to give you all and update! :dance3:

I must start off this report with some good news and some bad news. Now, which would you all like first? Let us start off with the good news since it makes more sense and the bad news is because of it. I promise I won’t confuse you anymore if you are still with me!

The good news is that I was accepted into Rice University!

23a7bad3.jpg

Its ranking is number seventeen on the list of America’s Best Colleges 2008, so I’m pretty happy about that. It also supposedly has the largest number of undergrad’s getting accepted into the top medical schools, so that is good for me. The bad news that goes with this, and yes there is bad news, is that according to their academic schedule for the ‘08-’09 school year the last day of finals is December 17th, which would already be five days into my planned Disney Christmas! The horror! :scared1:

With my 180 ADR reservation mark coming up in just over thirty days I need to come up with a solution to this problem and fast. Of course, it does not help things that it looks as though the December EMH schedule will be out late if the November timing is any indication. As of right now, I have tentatively planned to still make my ADR’s as soon as the EMH schedule comes out, and plan the trip as though we are going for the full amount of days (12th-23rd).

Having said this, when it comes to deciding where to eat, I will put the most hard to obtain ADR’s like Le Cellier and CRT breakfast towards the middle to end of the trip when I know we will be there regardless of when we originally get there. Save the best for last right? If any of you have any other suggestions that might be a bit better then my plan, please let me know.

So, as far as my actual Disney trip, this is all I have to update. However, I do have a couple of other Disney related things I can delve into.

The first thing is that I’ve almost completed Kingdom Hearts II for the second time.

b68be064.jpg

I was searching through all my old PS2 games one day and happened to come across it and figured I’d give it another play. I love that game! I also remembered how much I loved Kairi’s pink dress. This got me to looking on Ebay for a couple of it, but I had no luck. I just couldn’t justify spending upwards of $50 on a dress I wouldn’t even wear that often.

40ee4b0f.jpg

In my searches I did come across a pretty necklace like the one Sora wears. I was thinking about buying it. $10 isn’t that much, right?

7f6a4162.jpg

My second piece of news is that in about eight days I will be going to see Indiana Jones with my father. It will be the first Jones movie I’ve ever seen in a theatre so I’m pretty excited.

693280c4.jpg

Well, I guess that is it for this update. Any comments are always appreciated and I will do my best to respond to them. Bye for now!

Hello again folks! Alright, I know, I know. I’m a bad trip report updater. But guess what… I’m under 180 days! PARTY!!! :cool1:
Okay, on to the update news. Yesterday I was finally able to make the first ten days worth of dining reservations. :hyper:

(Just a quick recap for those that have not read my updates recently: I decided to keep my trip from December 12th through the 24th and make reservations as though I am going to be there the entire time. Come August once I find out when my finals are I will cancel the days I know I cannot be there. I’ve made my more important reservations, like Le Cellier, for the end of the trip. I know I will be there for certain by the 17th, but I’m hoping to be there at least by the 15th.)

Wow, so much for a quick recap…Anyway, so yes, I was able to make my dining reservations and got nearly everything I wanted!

My day on June 15th started at 5:50 in the morning. :surfweb: I wanted to be up ten minutes before I had to call the dining number to make sure I sounded awake and all. Once the clock hit 6:00 I was dialing the number. Within a few minutes of hitting this button and that button, I was finally put through only to be put on hold. It did not take long before a recording told me that my call was expected to be answered in four minutes. And sure enough, not long after that it was!

I got the nicest woman on the phone. She said I was one of the most ‘awake’ sounding people she had gotten so far and she had been swamped with calls! All in all, I was on the phone with her for twenty-five minutes. I got all the reservations I wanted, save for three, with only a five minute to twenty minute difference between the time I wanted and what they had.

The three reservations that proved difficult to get was Nine Dragons on December 15th, Le Cellier on December 16th, and Narcoossee on December 18th. I had completely forgotten that the Nine Dragons restaurant was under refurbishment so reservations could not be made. As of right now I’ve left the night of the 15th blank to just wait and see if Nine Dragons comes out of refurbishment on the expected date of sometime in November.

As for Le Cellier, it was just completely sold out except for sometime after 9:00PM. This time would not work for two reasons. Number one is that I generally like to eat an earlier dinner because I like being out in the parks at night watching fireworks or in this case, Fantasmic!

Lastly, Narcoossee became a problem again because of poor planning on my part. I had forgotten that because it was a more upscale restaurant it opened later than many of the others. The earliest reservation I was able to get was 5:35PM. This would normally be okay except that this is the night we are going to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party which starts at 7:00PM! I really think this will be cutting things quite close, what do you think? :confused3: I might have to move this reservation to another day, but I just don’t know where I can move it to.

In short, that ended my day on June 15th. Today, I also got up a bit early, 6:15AM, so that I could make my reservations for December 23rd. I wanted Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast and Le Cellier for dinner so I had to get up early to try and get them. Sure enough, Le Cellier was already on limited times, but I was able to get 4:40PM, not quite what I wanted, but well enough.

Tomorrow will end my ADR making for now as we leave the 24th of December and I just need to book Chef Mickey’s. Also, I need to try and book a Candlelight Processional dinner package, but I’m not quite sure when those become available, I might have to ask someone tomorrow morning when I call.

Anyway, I think that about covers things for now. I will leave you all with a picture of my tentative schedule as planned so far. Somewhere in there I have to fit in the Candlelight Processional as that is a must do once. Maybe sometime in there before Illuminations?

I would love to hear any critiques or comments on my planning. Feel free to even tell me I am insane! I know I am. Bye for now! :santa:

1d2b12dd.jpg

I'm hooked! Your PTR is great so far. :thumbsup2 How fortunate you are to get to stay in the GF with a MK view! I hope we can do that at some point. Your camera looks great. Your plans look good, and honestly, it may work that you can manage Narcoossee's and MVMCP. Be there early, so they sit you right away. They open at 5:30, so be there by 5, so you are the first or one of the first seated. Let your waiter/waitress know about your plans and that you're hoping to get out in about an hour. It's Disney. I'm sure they'll do their best to accomodate you. The wait staff may even recommend which meals may come out quicker than others. Also, we went to MVMCP last year. If you get there half an hour late, it's really no big deal. You'll still have plenty of time to do everything. :santa:

I'm anxious to see what happens with your dates. Will you meet your dad in Orlando or come home and travel together? I have a close relationship with my dad, even though I'm a married adult, so I can appreciate your relationship with him. :goodvibes

We'll be there from Dec. 23rd through Jan. 3rd., so we'll miss each other. I look forward to comparing notes after we are both back and have our TRs up and running. :woohoo:

Be sure to keep us posted. :surfweb: BTW, great pics of your babies! We go picture crazy with our baby, a spoiled Shih Tzu.

I'm hooked! Your PTR is great so far. :thumbsup2 How fortunate you are to get to stay in the GF with a MK view! I hope we can do that at some point. Your camera looks great. Your plans look good, and honestly, it may work that you can manage Narcoossee's and MVMCP. Be there early, so they sit you right away. They open at 5:30, so be there by 5, so you are the first or one of the first seated. Let your waiter/waitress know about your plans and that you're hoping to get out in about an hour. It's Disney. I'm sure they'll do their best to accomodate you. The wait staff may even recommend which meals may come out quicker than others. Also, we went to MVMCP last year. If you get there half an hour late, it's really no big deal. You'll still have plenty of time to do everything. :santa:

I'm anxious to see what happens with your dates. Will you meet your dad in Orlando or come home and travel together? I have a close relationship with my dad, even though I'm a married adult, so I can appreciate your relationship with him. :goodvibes

We'll be there from Dec. 23rd through Jan. 3rd., so we'll miss each other. I look forward to comparing notes after we are both back and have our TRs up and running. :woohoo:

Be sure to keep us posted. :surfweb: BTW, great pics of your babies! We go picture crazy with our baby, a spoiled Shih Tzu.

Hey, thanks for posting! I’m glad you are enjoying my report. Updates have been so slow as of late but I’m hoping they will start to pick up once the trip gets closer and I have more things to say. Only 156 days now. I really cannot wait to stay in the Grand Floridian. We save up little by little over the entire year to really just be able to splurge and be carefree at Disney. It our time to bond without some stress or another…

To be honest, I’m still not that great at working my camera. :confused3 It is just so complicated. I’ve got the basic functions down but I’m really hoping to know how to truly work it by December so that I can get some great firework shots.

Thanks for the advice on Narcoossee. I’ve never been so it was hard for me to gauge just how long it would take to eat and all. I’ll have to try your advice about getting there really early and talking to the server; maybe I can get a little pixie dust my way that night. :wizard:

The dates of the trip are really the most complicated thing right now. I still have about another month or two to go until I know for sure when I will be going and will be able to set everything in stone. I’m just hoping I won’t have to move too much around because I’m afraid I will lose a couple of my ADRs.

It is nice that you have a close relationship with your father as well. I know a lot of people don’t have that so I appreciate it all the more. Anyway, I’m thinking we will probably fly together. It might cost a bit more in my air fees but it would just start the vacation that much sooner.

Hmm…it seems we will just miss each other. The only thing that might change is if we do not arrive in Orlando until closer to the 17th of December in which case we will stay the extra night of the 23rd and not leave until the afternoon of the 24th. So, do you have any DISmeets planned or are you just concentrating on spending the holidays with your husband? I’ll have to stop over on your PTR and find out!

To wrap up my long post, I should have an update ready to go in a few days with just odds and end rambling. Stay tuned! :yay:

Hey, thanks for posting! I’m glad you are enjoying my report. Updates have been so slow as of late but I’m hoping they will start to pick up once the trip gets closer and I have more things to say. Only 156 days now. I really cannot wait to stay in the Grand Floridian. We save up little by little over the entire year to really just be able to splurge and be carefree at Disney. It our time to bond without some stress or another…

To be honest, I’m still not that great at working my camera. :confused3 It is just so complicated. I’ve got the basic functions down but I’m really hoping to know how to truly work it by December so that I can get some great firework shots.

Thanks for the advice on Narcoossee. I’ve never been so it was hard for me to gauge just how long it would take to eat and all. I’ll have to try your advice about getting there really early and talking to the server; maybe I can get a little pixie dust my way that night. :wizard:

The dates of the trip are really the most complicated thing right now. I still have about another month or two to go until I know for sure when I will be going and will be able to set everything in stone. I’m just hoping I won’t have to move too much around because I’m afraid I will lose a couple of my ADRs.

It is nice that you have a close relationship with your father as well. I know a lot of people don’t have that so I appreciate it all the more. Anyway, I’m thinking we will probably fly together. It might cost a bit more in my air fees but it would just start the vacation that much sooner.

Hmm…it seems we will just miss each other. The only thing that might change is if we do not arrive in Orlando until closer to the 17th of December in which case we will stay the extra night of the 23rd and not leave until the afternoon of the 24th. So, do you have any DISmeets planned or are you just concentrating on spending the holidays with your husband? I’ll have to stop over on your PTR and find out!

To wrap up my long post, I should have an update ready to go in a few days with just odds and end rambling. Stay tuned! :yay:

Do you know anyone who is really into photography, that can help you out with mastering your camera? I'm sure that even learning on your own, you'll get some great shots.

Yeah, we will definitely miss each other on our trips, but we can compare when I get back. I don't have any DISmeets officially planned, though two people who are going to be there at the same time will be at CRT for breakfast on Christmas morning at the same time as us. In fact, one of the families has the exact same ADR time, so we're going to be on the look-out for each other. It's funny how on last year's trip, there were times that I could have sworn I'd seen some of the other guests from these boards, but I was afraid to approach any of them to ask. I couldn't remember if they were people I had actually chatted with on these boards or if I had just seen their pics from reading stuff they'd posted. Overall, though, I will concentrate on spending time with my DH. :hug:

I understand what you mean about having more to say as you get closer to the trip. There's always a big build up to the 180 day mark, and then it feels like time slows down, as you wait for those 180 days to tick by.

I look forward to seeing you on my PTR and to seeing your future posts. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter