A Very Spooktacular Disney TR........SURPRISE REVEALED(post #37)...TR COMPLETE!!!

TinkandPooh

Disney Dreaming 24/7
A Very Spooktacular Disney TR......filled with First's, Halloween Fun, and a Shockingly Not So Scary but Very Merry Surprise!!!!!!

Ok so here it is the much anticipated mini TR and the soon to be revealed unexpected surprise!!

Part One: Introductions
I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the cast of this very special trip plus give you a little bit of history so you can understand why this trip even though shorter than most was extra special to our family.

So without further a due I present to you myself Known by my DH as Honey, my girls as Mom, the boys as Aunti Nessa, and by DIS as TinkandPooh…....

File0086.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok so this is not me right now but I thought it would show how my Disney passion got started and that I was born and raised Disney.

Lets try again……………now me and DH also know as My Love by me, Drew by the girls (step dad), Uncle Drew by the boys and TinkandPooh’s DH by DIS

File0023.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok so this really is us on our wedding day 5 years ago.

Now to introduce you to our daughters……The psychologist 17 years old (blue shirt), the pastry chef 15 years old (black and white shirt), and the Veterinarian/Disney Animation Artist 14 years old (thumbs up girl)…..otherwise known as Melissa, Dannea, and Melody.

Disneyland10-8-2009001.jpg
[/IMG]

File0067.jpg
[/IMG]
Thought I would share a flash back photo of the girls

Now let me introduce you to the newest members of our family our nephew’s Leo 6 years old and Frankie 5 years old….otherwise known by us as….. “Le Le” and “Fozzie”

100_0494_1.jpg
[/IMG]
Leo "Le Le"

100_0493_1.jpg
[/IMG]
Frankie "Fozzie"

And now last but not least and even though not present on our trip he is still very much a part of our big Disney family we give you Casper our wonder dog / Boxer……otherwise known as “Cappy”

100_0383.jpg
[/IMG]

So there you have it Part One: Introductions…………………………………………………………stay tuned for Part Two: PTR History………….

I just had to say -- my grandma had that table in your first picture! :laughing: Looking forward to the rest of your report!

Part Two: PTR History

I will try to sum up this portion as quickly as possible and get on to the actual TR portion because I know many of you are following to learn the secret surprise that I have decided to reveal last in this short TR.
So our family has been AP holders for years, thus we have been blessed with many opportunities to enjoy Disney Magic, however the last year has been very tight and we did not renew our AP’s early this year due to finances :scared1:!
As you all know by now early this year our family decided to start a new chapter in our lives when we welcomed into our home our 5 and 6 year old nephew’s Leo and Frankie, whom we now have legal guardianship of. Our nephew’s even though very young had been through some horrible things and had what I considered a very tragic start to their young lives and we were bound and determined to do all we could to make things better for them.
When we started this new chapter in our lives there were some very costly initial expenses which is what ultimately played the most major role in us not renewing our AP’s early in the year.
So this Mini TR is the point in the year that we were finally able to get our AP’s back again….yeah, as well as take the boys on their very 1st vacation ever and what better place to take them than to Disneyland “The Happiest Place on Earth” where all their little dreams could come true and their eyes and hearts could be open to the never ending happiness that this magical land has to offer all who walk through those gates.
I guess what I am trying to point out is that even though we were all present as a family for this trip that what this trip was really about were the boys and seeing the magic and amazement through their eyes.
Ever since the day that they boys came to live with us I dreamed about this moment and how privileged we would be to witness this incredible first for them, because I truly felt in my heart that there were no other 2 boys in the world at this moment who deserved this any more than our little guys did, and we were going to be able to be a part of the remaking of their lives and their happy history……and I just don’t know how much more blessed a family could be!!!!!!

So there you have it Part Two: PTR History……………………………………stay tuned for Part Three: We made it...now let the Fun Begin!!!

But before we get to Part Threee I thought I would share a few past pictures from one of our many trips to DL.....because I know we all love pictures here on the DIS boards......

File0069.jpg
[/IMG]
The girls at the old Goofy's Kitchen

File0071.jpg
[/IMG]
Story Tellers Cafe

File0070.jpg

This ticket came in a family 4 pack of tickets that included a 3 night stay at the DLH that I won from a local Fox TV station.....notice the date 2-18-2000 and the price for a 3 day was only $76.00.......if only we could have yester years prices now.......;)

i'm sure the boys had a magical time!

I have to say... that ticket price is crazy. I cannot believe it. But I guess that was only for DL not DCA since I don't think DCA was finished yet. That makes it a little better, but not by much.

So exciting that you got to take your two little guys there for the first time. I can't wait for the rest. I wanna know how they enjoyed it.

Awwww, a well deserved trip for the whole family, that's awesome! Looking forward to reading some more :woohoo:

Ok everyone thanks for tuning in so far and I can't wait to get the next portion of this TR up.
I am still working on it and may or may not be able to have it all up by tonight as I got a little off track earlier when an issue came up with the kids that took me out of the house and away for some time. I will keep working on it and try me best to get it up.....if not tonight then for sure finished by tomorrow.....sorry to let you all down........I know many of you really want to know what our fantastic surprise was and trust me I can't wait to get to that portion of this TR and share it all with you:goodvibes
So don't leave now stay tuned to hear more about the boys first time and be a part of the big reveal that has left me on :cloud9:

I can't wait to hear more from your TR!! Those little boys are so lucky to have you and your husband take them in. I'm sure you feel just as lucky to be able to provide a home and happiness to them. Your story really touched me and I can't wait to hear about their magical first time in Disneyland. :goodvibes

You are blessed with a beautiful family :wizard: those little guys are so cute :love: so lucky to have you and you them. Loving the older pics. Looking forward to more TR :dance3:

signing on can't wait to hear about the great surprise. I would venture a guess it has to do with going back at Christmas from teh hint you gave in the other thread.:confused3

I must admit... I LOVE your dog. (I have a thing for dogs/puppys, don't ask, I truely believe in "mans best friend")

Can't wait for more. :D

I'm hooked now! I can't wait to hear your surprise! and I'm so happy you were able to take your boys to DL and show them the magic!!~ It's such a wonderful place and it sounds like they deserved it!

Like you, I also have guardianship of my 4 year old nephew. We took him to DL for the first time ever back in March. Seeing DL through his eyes was so cool! I have the most precious picture of him meeting Mickey for the first time. The look of awe and happiness on his face is priceless!!

Good luck to you and your family on this new venture. I know it's not easy adding to your family. People always say to me how wonderful I am for doing it for him but the way I look at it, how can you NOT do it? It's not that poor baby's fault he had crappy parents! I like to think that if anyone was in that position, they'd step up and take him in.

Anyway, can't wait to hear what the surprise was! You're killing us with the suspense! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter