A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. Our family had been to Disney World four times (1998-1999-2000 and 2007). We were originally scheduled to go back this March but had to re-schedule it until June because of my father-in-law's medical condition and he passed away. My wife and I discovered your podcast earlier this year and I was always sure to play it in the car for our trips back and forth to visit my father-in-law as his conditioned continued to deterorate. Listening to the podcast always was a great distraction for us and both the wife and I especially enjoyed Bob on the show. We were looking forward to our June visit to Disney World and maybe getting a glimpse of the famous Bob. My family has recently struggled through this and our prayers and thoughts are with Bob and his entire family.

I am sure Bob is in paradise with all of his loved ones that have gone before.

I'm shocked and saddened to hear of Bawb's passing. I, too, wish to extend deepest sympathy to his family and friends. I have really enjoyed each episode of DISUnplugged and Bawb's part in it has been irreplaceable. I count myself as one of his many fans! I will miss him.
Lori Lofgren

I am very saddened to hear this. I loved Bawb and what he gave to the podcast. I will miss the Bawb pauses, stories and all the words that he made up. My thoughts and Prayers go out to the Varley and Podcast Family

As an avid DISer, I can't express my sadness or sypmathy enough. This is truely a sad day for DIS. I only hope it makes us all appreciate each other and realize that sometimes the little arguments on here mean nothing. We all share a common bond, our love for the magic that is Disney. I hope that is what we remember in Bob's memory.

I second what my fiance said. While I never met Bob personally, I feel like a close friend is missing. We are a family here on the DIS and when one of us is missing, it effects us all. Best wishes to his family, we will be sure to have a Dole whip for Bob!

I can't begin to express my sorrow over the loss of Bawb. The joy and laughter he brought to so many DISers each week will be tremendously missed. I know that I will never be able to have another Dole Whip without smiling and thinking of Bawb. My thoughts and prayers are with the Varley family and friends during this very difficult time.

I am very sorry to hear this. I listen to the podcast every week and this is very sad news. I will keep the family in my prayers.

Oh, dear. I just got back on here from a week off...and what I come back to...How sad. We will all miss him.

"He lives in you, He lives in me, He's watching over everything we see.--The Lion King

Oh my, how tragic. My prayers are with his family and friends. God bless Bob.

My God, I hadnt been on the site for a few days and was wondering why a new podcast hadnt come up on itunes. I came here to see only to find this news. This really is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Bobs family and friends. RIP my friend.

I'm speechless. I am gonna miss you Bob! I hope your family can find some comfort in your incredible spirit and the gifts you have given to all of us listeners!

I've only been listening to the podcast for a short time but have become addicted to it. I've been back from WDW for a week & haven't had much free time. What a shock to log in & read this very sad news. My prayers go out to Bawb & his friends & family. He will be greatly missed.

I only knew Bob from his voice on my I-Pod however he made me laugh every week I listened. Its funny but I cried yesterday when I logged on and got the news. Life is too short, but to leave it and touch so many lives while you were here, is a tribute to the man.

I hope he will continue to be part of the POD Cast in some way.

The Goofman

I'm so sad to hear this news. Many thoughts & prayers to his family and friends. It is so encouraging at times like this to see so much support. Through the boards & podcast Bob felt like a friend to all of us. You will be missed!!

I am so sorry to hear about Bob's passing. It is extremely hard to type because I can't hold back the tears. I was just putting the pictures of Kevin, John, Anthony & Bob in my photo album. I am truely greatful to have met him even for only a moment. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the podcast crew. I truely feel like I have lost someone in my family. We love you Uncle Bawb and will miss you. The Castelli's in Dumont send a virtual hug to everyone in Bob's family and to the podcast crew.

I am mostly a lurker, but am an avid Podcast listener. I have been saddened by this news since I first read it last week. I wanted to give my condolences to the Podcast crew and to Bawb's family as well. I feel like many others here in that I "know" you all, because we see your personalities shine through week after week.

Hang in there. Many thoughts and prayers go out to everyone.

Woah!

I just got back from a few days away in the country and logged on to see the "Bawb" icons on everyone's sigs, wondered what the heck and then read this thread. This is terrible news. I am so sorry. I've been a fan of the podcast for years and his sharp, dry and witty retorts really made me laugh. I'm sorry I never got to meet him but kinds feel I did every week in the podcast.

As theme park fans, maybe we should think of his life as the pre-show and now he's made it to the front of the line, he's all strapped in and ready to ride the main attraction....

I haven't been on here in a few weeks. I am so very sorry to here about Bob's passing. I am praying for his family and friends. He will be so missed. I really enjoyed him on the podcast.

I don't even know what to say. I just saw this post yesterday and couldn't believe what I was reading.

Bob will be missed by many that he has touched. Just by knowing him through the podcasts, I considered him a friend as I do all of you. My thoughts are with his family and friends. Celebrate his life!

I hope that he is walking with Walt and sharing great stories together.

Just returned from our vacation from Disney World and am saddened by the news. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Emily

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter