A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

A Disney tribute to Bawb - the DISers are shedding tears for our loss.:sad1:

earthcriesforbawb.jpg

I am deeply sorry to hear about the passing of our much beloved Bawb. My daughter and I will be going to the World in June and were hoping to join the ranks of the Bawbarrazzi.

I agree with everything that has been said here and offer my heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and the podcast team. I hope you find strength in your treasured memories during this difficult time.

Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would be asked two questions and their answers would determine whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife. The first question was, "Did you being joy?" The second was, "Did you find joy?"

Bob, you certainly lived a life of brought and found joy!

Here's raising a Dole Whip to ya!

Peace & Blessings!

Kelly

I have been a podcast listener for over a year, but I have just recently gotten on the boards. I feel a tad bit like a moocher, but I just had to post my condolences.

I just saw this news this afternoon while I was at work, and I wanted to cry!!! I did not realize how much this podcast crew meant to me until that moment. Bob was a fantastic member of the podcast crew!! Every time I went to Disney in the past year, I actually looked for him and his cart! I am normally super-shy when I go up to famous people (yes, Bob was famous to me), but I knew he would be one to enjoy my nutcase nature.

This is going to sound odd, but I felt like me and Bob were slightly kindred, in that we were both teased for our speech and how we say certain things. I have my my little "autistic slip-ups" as I like to call them, and say the wrong thing, and I am often teased by my friends because of it. When I used to listen to Bob mess up certain words on the podcast, I very often said, "yup, I've done that before." That was why I sometimes felt for the man when he got teased. However, I later realized that that was the (strange and twisted?) way that the guys and lady showed their love for him.

I cannot imagine what the Varley family and the podcast crew are going through right now, but it has to be hard. I have never been through a sudden death like this before, so I cannot claim to know how you feel, but I can see why it would be gut-wrenching. I just wanted to tell all of you guys that I am praying for you so that you will find peace in this situation. I know that Bob is at peace now, but those he left behind will not be for a while.

I believe with all my heart that death is not the end of the story. It may be a curse, but God always finds ways to create blessings out of it. This outpouring of love on these boards and the coming together of us all is one aspect of it, and Bob's eternity in heaven will be another. I can see him up there sans boot napping until all of his friends and family finally get up there to meet him. Yes, I am being funny(?) intentionally. I know Bob would not want anyone to be sad over him for long.

From my own experience, the knowledge that they will be in a better place is not a great comfort, so I will not go any further into that. Like I said before, Diana, Bryan, Andrea, etc, you are in my prayers. I will mourn this loss right along with you every step of the way.

Thank you Bob, for all you have done for us!! You will be missed!!

Bawb, you will be truly missed...and thank you for bringing such joy to my life as a member of the podcast crew...god bless your soul...

It is comforting to read everyone's comments. I cry and cry, then I'll laugh reading a "Bobism". Then I'll cry again.

Bob was such a special person who could make so many people who never met him (or each other) care so much about him, his family and friends. I know I'm a better person for knowing him through the podcasts and this website.

Thank you Bob!

This is truly a sad day. Goodbye, Bob. You will be missed but remembered for your humor and helpfulness. I am touched to know that I knew you through the podcast. I can only imagine how lucky those close to you are for having known you so well. My thoughts and prayers to you, your family, and those who count you as friend.

I'm another that considered Bob a friend I never met. He seemed to have such a gentle soul. I am so sad to hear of his passing. My condolences to the Varley family and Bob's DIS Unplugged Podcast family.

Farewell my podcast friend.

I am deeply saddened to hear the news of Bob’s death. Bob, his family and his friends will be in my prayers during this difficult time.

Thank you Bob for all you brought to us on a weekly basis; we will all truly miss you.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Varley family and the Podcast team.

God bless you Bob. Thank you for sharing your disney spirit with us all.

I finally got a moment in my crazy week to download this week's podcast.

Then I saw Pete's headline- "sad day" and the picture of Bawb's "kaht".
I thought- oh no- something happened to the cart.... but no.
OMG- I can't even express how hard this hit me. Like a punch in the gut.
Wow. :sad1:
No, I've never met Bob in person. But I have enjoyed listening to him and the rest of the podcast crew for quite sometime now. I feel I know him better than most of the people I work with everyday... maybe even some of my family.

My heart and prayers go out to Diana and Brian, the podcast team and all of the Dis-ers who love Bob. :grouphug:

I too lost my husband tragically in February. I know how his widow must feel. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. How can we send flowers?

Hi Tammy, I don't know you, but your post here has been on my mind since you sent it and I just wanted to say I'm so sorry about your tragic loss---I just, can not imagine, but I was also deeply touched by your compassion for Bawb's family.

HUGS!

~Pam

Our prayers go out to Bob's family & friends. We truly felt that we knew Bob like a personal friend. His memory will live forever and I will never forget the challenge Bob would have in pronouncing words that were new to him! I smile & cry at the same time.

He touched so many people and we were looking forward to spending time with him on the cruise.

God Bless you all.
Sharon & Craig Smith

I never met him but I heard his voice for months and enjoyed his writting. It will be strange to hear a podcast without his input and outlook... my prayers go to his family and close friends.. Be at peace

In a world filled with ever more cynicism and hate, Bob's thoughts and words and delightful inability to pronounce certain words contained so much joy and cheer which was sent out to many each week.

I feel like I've lost a friend I never got to know. I drive a lot each week and the podcast is a highlight of the week, making it go that little bit faster and it just won't be the same again.

Let's not mourn Bob's passing for too long, but celebrate Bob's memory all the sooner by doing whatever we can to bring some joy to others.

My thoughts, prayers and love are with Bob's family and friends

And to Bob - thank you for everything, you leave a big kaht shaped hole in the world!

Pete & Podcast Team...

I was shocked to hear this sad news. Although I am only a listener, I have grown to love Bob and how you all picked on him in good fun and how he took it all in stride. It is a sad day indeed. I was surpprised to hear that he was the same age age me and I think it makes us all think to enjoy life as Bob seemed to do. He was fortunate to have such great friends as you guys. My prayers are with you all and to his family. I will miss him and his KartKam.

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news. I had just packed my dis unplugged t-shirt in my case in preperation for my trip over from Scotland next week. I thought of the chance of meeting Bawb while wearing it and went to check why this weeks podcast had not come through on itunes. Please past my sincere condolances to the family of a friend I never got to meet

I haven't been on the boards for a week or so & am just seeing this news. I'm shocked & saddened.

My thoughts & prayers are with Bob's family--both the Varleys & the podcast.

I want to add my heartfelt prayers and condolences to Diana and family and the entire Podcast team. I'm new to the boards, but have been listening to the podcast since last July. I have to agree with what everyone is saying - though I never had the pleasure of meeting Bob, I considered him my friend and looked forward to our weekly visits. While I know he'll now be streaming from another location and still listening to the laughter, I certainly will miss all that he brought to the show and the site each week. Bob will always be an example to me of the effect one life can have on many. He chose to follow his dream and in doing so (like Walt) changed many others for the better.

I was wondering where the podcast was this week. Now I know.

I, like most on the boards, didn't know Bob personally, but because of the podcast I saw a glimpse of man who loved life, loved his family and loved his friends. And from the sheer amount of responses, it is obvious Bob was loved back. To his family, friends and the DIS family, my thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter