• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

Pete thanks for the updates.
I Joined the boards today just to say how VERY SAD I Am at the loss of bob. Thoughts and prayers with Bob's family and the podcast team. :sad2:

All of my thoughts and prayers go out to Bobs family and friends. This is such sad and unexpected news. I love listening to Bob on the podcast and he will be terribly missed.

Though I never knew him beyond this podcast, he brought joy and laughter to so many of my days, and to so many, many people. I'm so sorry to hear this news and send my condolences to everyone, especially Bob's family and podcast friends.

:sad1:

I am so sorry to hear this - very sad.
I think that we all feel as though we know the pod cast crew because we choose to spend two hours in your company each week.
My sincere condolances to Bobs family and friends. He will be sadly missed.

I've just started to listen to the pod casts. I'm very sorry to hear about his passing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

I was very sad to hear this news so I did what I usually do to honor someone I miss and made a video montage. I used footage from the Kaht Kam, and some thoughts from this post. I will move it if anyone from the podcast team asks me to, I just did it to honor Bob, I hope you don't mind:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=volBOxPBdEg

Thank you for this video, it's beautiful.

I keep coming back to read the updates and I just keep crying. I only met Bob once and for just a few minutes, but I am so sad for everyone whose lives he touched.

I hope the Podcast Team knows how much we care about them. We listen to you twice a week and learn about you and your families and it's impossible not to feel connected to you in some way. I wish I could be there to give you all a big hug.

God Bless Everyone.

It's been said so well. I've lost a friend whom I had never personally met. The power of the internet and podcast community is incredible. This is a testimony to one show connecting emotionally and personally with strangers from around the world. May the comfort of God be with the family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Bawb's family.

Although I didn't know him personally, the podcast introduced me to a man that was kind and had a wonderful sense of humor.

Simply said, he made me laugh. ;)

I haven't been around this forum in a while since I usually only hang out here while I'm in planning mode, but a friend on another forum told me about Bob's passing. I really enjoyed his podcasts. Such a loss for the DIS community.

R.I.P., Bob! Bob's family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I was shocked and saddened to hear the news. :guilty: My heart and prayers to Bob's family. He will be sorely missed on the POdcasts. The first time I listened to the Podacst and heard that beautiful Massachusetts accent, I knew I was home! Being from NH, his accent always brought a smile to my face!

Bob you are loved and will be missed!

I do not even know what to say. I never met Bob but I loved listening to him and he made me laugh!!! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the Podcast team. I cannot imagine what you guys are feeling. So sad... :sad1:

Although we didn't know him personally, we enjoyed listening to Bob and his wonderful personality every week on the Podcast. We'll miss him. Our thoughts are with Bob's family and his friends.

Like many others I never had the opportunity to meet Bob, but only knew him through the podcasts, boards and blog. However, I felt that that was enough to know him very well.

I hope that Bob's family and friends can find some peace in knowing that Bob affected so many lives in such a positive way. That his simple love of Disney was able to enhance thousands of lives in such a deep way, and that through these boards and the archived podcasts, people will always have a way of remembering Bob and he will still be able to bring happiness and joy to others.

He will be missed.

Bob always had a way of making a point and he has made another one this week. His point is that obviously you don't have to have met someone for them to have an impact on your life, to have brought laughter and joy to your life. You don't have to have met someone to be touched by their passing. As usual, his point is right on.

My family just returned last night from a 5 day stay at WDW, the entire time, every kaht that passed we checked to see if it was Bob. I woke up this morning & came straight to the Disboard and saw Pete's post. We never had the pleasure of meeting Bob in person but sure had felt his wonderful influence on the podcasts. We will miss him so much.

My thoughts, prayers and pixie dust for the Varley family and the Podcast crew. He was a very special man to many, many people.

Mommyofthreeboys, thanks for posting this quote, I had never seen it before but it sure is comforting.

Original Author: Henry Scott Holland

"Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by the old familiar name. Speak of me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without an effort, without a ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well."

I look forward reminiscing with the Podcast crew and everyone here on the board. In the days to come"Bawbisms" will be a comfort, it is a way to honor Bob and keep him alive in our hearts.

RIP Bob.

Middle of the week, time for The PODCAST!

Woo Hoo.... :banana:

Then I saw the news about Bawb and it took my breath away. :scared1: :sad1:

Still shocked.

After scanning through 33 pages on this thread its very apparent that Bawb, as well as the rest of the Podcast team, have touched a large number of people.

Hopefully in this horrible time for Bawb and the Podcast family there is some joy in knowing how many people they have touched. To have this many people, most of whom have never met in person only through the DISBoard, suffering the loss of Bawb, has to show the positive impact Bawb had in life.

I would like to know what Bawb and Walt are talking about at the moment. What does Walk think of the Kart Kam? :)

I won't say RIP since I'm sure St. Peter gave Bawb permanent Fastpasses and at the moment Bawb is off on a ride somewhere... Gooo Bawb!

You will be missed but not forgotten.

I know its hard not to mourn over the loss of our dear friend. But Im sure he would not want any of us to cry or be saddened of him leaving earth and entering heaven. He's with our heavenly father now. Instead of being sad, let us be happy and remember the good times. Let us celebrate his life! After all, he is with the dream maker himself, Walt Disney!

Tammy-Lynn and I are both so sad to hear of your loss. It is a great loss for all of us. Bawb's magical wit will be sorely missed. We will be thinking of all of you at this difficult time.

Mark & Tammy-Lynn Terry
Richmond, VA

Although I have not posted here before, I wanted to come on and offer my sincerest condolences to Bob's family - both his immediate and extended here on the DIS and on the DISUnplugged.

It's of course always sad when someone passes, but when we as an entire community of Disney fans lose a fellow member, it's even harder. Although I did not know him personally, I can see from the outpouring of support both here and elsewhere online that he was a friend to many, and enjoyed by even more.

I know that podcasts allow both hosts and listeners to connect in a very personal way, and I'm sure that many of you felt Bob was a friend, even though you may never have met him in person. The entire Disney podcast community feels a loss today as well.

Again, my heartfelt condolences to all of you who suffered a loss from his passing.

Thank you Lou we appreciate your coming to visit and extend your condolences

Bob,

Say hi to Walt for us...:sad1:

I came back to this thread to read what others have written since I posted and to just try and make sense of something that doesn't. I was thinking last night about how now Bob will be able to meet Walt Disney. How wonderful would that be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter