• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Very Merry Magical DW Christmas - POR 12/7/07 to 12/13/07

This is from www.allearsnet.com - Epcot Menu of San Angelo Inn Dinner

Entradas
Entrees

Filete Motuleno - Grilled beef tenderloin over black beans and melted cheese, sauce ranchero, poblano pepper strips and fried plantain $26.95

Puntas De Filete - Beef tenderloin tips sauteed with onions and chile poblano strips covered with roasted chile pasilla sauce, served with black refried beans and rice $24.50

((My Dish - below)) BARF!!

Camerones Con Fideos - Shrimp marinated and grilled, served over angel hair pasta with tomatoes and chipotle pepper $21.50

Combinacion Cozumel - Grilled beef tenderloin, marinated shrimp and roasted chayote served with spicy ranchero sauce, poblano pepper mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables $26.99

Mole Poblano - Grilled chicken breast served over a bed of chicken morsels, carrots, chayote chiles, with the classic sauce of spices and a hint of chocolate $19.99

Pollo a las Rajas - Grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onions, chile poblano, chorizo and melted cheese $19.50

Mahi-Mahi a la Veracruzana - Grilled fillet of mahi-mahi, prepared with capers, olives, Spanish onions and tomatoes, seasoned with white wine and spices, served with white rice $21.50

((My mom and DH's dish - below))

Plato Mexicano - Beef Tenderloin Tampiquena, chicken enchilada, and beef flauta, served with sour cream, black refried beans and Mexican rice $20.99

Now please tell me how 90% of that is "Mexican" food?! It's not.

lol yea...its really not....at least now ya know. :thumbsup2

Sunday, December 9, 2007 - EPCOT Continued - Candle Light Processional/Illuminations take 2!!

We stood in line for a little while (though not too terribly long)! The line moved very fast although the middle section of the arena filled up VERY quickly. A CM who was directing traffic down close to the front was trying to call people to her because there were some seats pretty close to the front, they were just all the way to the left side of the theatre. We didn't want to end up behind a tree, so we followed her. The seats weren't bad...they just weren't the best ever, either!

dwc369.jpg

The stage before the performance began.

dwc371.jpg

The orchestra came out first. They were AWESOME!!! Since DH is so big into trumpet playing/orchestra type stuff, I knew he'd LOVE this one!! I was right! :)

dwc370.jpg

However, these guys were his FAVORITE! The Herald Trumpets sounded awesome!! They were hitting notes that I didn't even know were possible! The notes there were hitting were dead on, too...no wavering or anything!! Very amazing!

dwc372.jpg

Before too long, the choir started to join the orchestra on stage.

dwc373.jpg

These guys walked in through the audience. I thought that was a neat touch!

dwc375.jpg

And now, the ENTIRE reason that I booked the show....... :lovestruc STEPHEN CURTIS CHAPMAN!! :lovestruc I've loved his music since I was like 2!! :lovestruc Besides his name, the only other name on the list that I recognized was Kirk Cameron! I thought that we were just the luckiest people alive to have chose the SAME week for our trip as the time that SCC :lovestruc was going to be there (unknowingly)!! God's a cool man like that!! :P

dwc374.jpg

Out of all the Herald Trumpeters, DH said that this guy was the "lead". Apparently, him and DH had some kind of "hand signals" going on during the show............DH kind of gave him the rock on signal at one point...the guy mouthed "Thank You" back to DH. I think that DH was walking on air for the rest of the night!! :laughing:

dwc376.jpg

The whole she-bang on stage!! I'm so excited that Disney has this performance going on. It warms my heart to know that Disney "allows" a performance like this to take place on their property!

dwc377.jpg

A little closer up....

dwc379.jpg

The whole choir/orchestra/SCC :lovestruc one more time!! :)

.........................CONT...................................
yes it warmed my heart too although I was falling asleep from the meds I had taken at dinner. Next yr there will be no falling asleep!!!! Good update!!!

........................CONT........................

Sooo....after the show, we were walking around WS and we realized that Illuminations had not yet started. I thought, "Well, we only have 15 minutes until showtime......probably wont' have any luck finding a decent spot-just like Friday night". At that very moment, we were passing through Morocco and we saw this little "hidden path" that only a few people were standing on. It had a CLEAR view of the lake (with just a small tree nearby) and it wasn't crowded! I thought I won the lottery I was so excited!!! :woohoo: We quickly snagged a spot (up against the fence) and waited for the show to start!!!

dwc380.jpg

A view of the lake

dwc381.jpg

Let the show begin!!

dwc382.jpg

Here comes the ball...

dwc383.jpg

A few of the fireworks:

dwc384.jpg

dwc385.jpg

See the tree? It wasn't anything like Friday nights' dilemma!!

dwc386.jpg

dwc387.jpg

dwc388.jpg

I was fascinated by all of the colors that Disney used in the fireworks!! Amazing!

dwc389.jpg

dwc390.jpg

We LOVED our spot and I think it will become our new "favorite" spot for Illuminations watching!! Not to give away the "secret" or anything, but next time you're at Epcot, if you want an uncrowded view of Illuminations, check out the Morocco area!!!

dwc391.jpg

On the way out, I stopped to take another far away picture of the tree. Can you tell that I love reflections?

dwc392.jpg

:lmao: I told DH to act like he was "holding up the ball"!! :lmao:

dwc393.jpg

On our way out, we stopped at the Photo shop for our free 5x7 from the Visa Card thing earlier that day. The line was HUGE. We waited forever but we stuck it out and got the picture!!

dwc394.jpg

Finally back at the hotel, we walked through the food court just to do it...

dwc395.jpg

And I took a few pictures just because!

dwc396.jpg

I loved the variety of food in here!! It was awesome!

dwc397.jpg

After the trek through the food court, we stopped at the Gazebo (close to our rooms) to take a picture!

dwc398.jpg

I NEVER noticed the Hidden Mickeys in the bedspread before! I was so proud of myself for finding them!! :laughing:

dwc399.jpg

My CHRISTMAS PAJAMAS!! YAY! I loved wearing them!! So comfy!

You see that notebook that I'm looking in? Yeah well I was MAKING SURE that I had the CORRECT ADR's for the following day!!! I didn't want another Victoria and Albert's scenario from our Honeymoon happening again!!!! :lmao: Guess you could say that I was a tad bit paranoid!!

Up Next: Animal Kingdom/Magic Kingdom/Chef Mickeys!!

((So far, I've posted 400 pictures and we're only through day three!!))

I took a lot of pictures too. Over a thousand in 9 days last year! Great update. Can't wait for more!

Oh Karen,

Love, Love, Love the Candlelight Processional!! I can't wait to take my daughters Dec '09!

(Don't tell DH, ;) but your Christmas Trip Report is what inspired me to talk DH into going back in Dec. In fact we are doing the land and sea cruise!! :thumbsup2 )

I just love your pictures! The Candlelight Processional was so beautiful, wasn't it?? It brought me to tears!! Can't wait for some more of your trip!!

:goodvibes

Awesome report! I ate at The San Angel Inn once, too and I couldn't agree with your description more. It was the by far nastiest food I have ever tasted! :crazy2: Can't wait to read more

Hi! Just found your TR and read through it! I'm really enjoying it! We were there the same time as you and I've got a few similar pictures from the CP :)

You had me at PHOTO RECAP! I'm subscribing! I LOVE all the pictures. It makes me feel like I'm there and I'm reliving my Christmas trip 4 years ago. Bring on more!

Oh, your pictures are lovely!!!

I was at Illuminations on the 9th as well! We stood in Japan, so I'm sure you walked by us!

I look forward to reading more! :goodvibes

dwc392.jpg

:lmao: I told DH to act like he was "holding up the ball"!! :lmao:

Oh my gosh......I made my DH take a picture like this too!!! :lmao: He kept telling me to "hurry up" because people were staring!

Your pictures are wonderful!!! :goodvibes

Two years ago, we too, saw Steven Curtis Chapman. He was very "into" the Candlelight Processional and gave a moving performance. We thought he was terrific! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more...

Wow....did I fall behind!!! Well now, lets see.....you won ears!!! :woohoo: Cool!! Don't worry about what other people thought. I would've been a little crazy too! They just don't understand.:confused3 I agree with you about Disney having the CP on property, as well as the manger scene in the Osborne Lights. In this mixed up world, it's a pleasure & it's reassuring to have these displays being shown & enjoyed by so many people! :goodvibes Every time we see the CP, we end up in tears. It's just such an emotional program. Loved the pic of DH "holding" the world. Next time you go, try to have him "holding" or "catching" Dumbo. My brother came up with that one. It came out really cute! Loved your "view of the lake" pic. Very Nice!!!

Still loving this TR...especially all these pictures. I love the pictures of the food court...never would have thought of taking those and we spent alot of time there. Love the PJs...did you get those on this trip? I looked at those and the red and green plaid PJs all week, before I convinced myself that I would be so dissappointed if I got home (to all the snow) without them. Aren't they great? Very comfy!!!
Thanks for the tip on the camera...I have added it to my wishlist.
Can't wait to read more!!! Thanks again for doing this.

Glad you enjoyed the processional and that you found a good spot for illuminations. I was determined to get a good spot this year and found one an hour early. I've attempted to see IllumiNations every trip we've been on and this is the first one we were able to see it, properly that is:eek: We sat in Mexico at the Cantina and had a wonderful view, so I'm glad you did too!! LOVE the PJ's!!!!!!

Just found your trip report and I'm loving it!!

We stayed at POR for the first time in Sept and fell in love with the resort!:love:

Can't wait to read more!!:woohoo:

I love your TR. We are taking the kids for the 1st time in April (staying at POFQ) and I got some great ides from you. I love all the pictures. The last time I went was about 20 years ago so WDW is kind of new to me since I don't remember too much. I have a ??? The Magical Limo? is this something they might Surprise a guest with?

I felt really bad for your mom being so sick and having to be on a plane.
Keep the pictures coming. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter