A Very Merry Magical DW Christmas - POR 12/7/07 to 12/13/07

I was at POR form 12/9 - 12/14 and also stayed in Mag Terrace. Can't wait to read more of your trip. :goodvibes

Just found your TR. Glad to see that your mom started to feel better! Nothing is worse than not feeling your best at the World! There's just too much to do! Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Great report. Love all the pictures. DH is bugging me... when are you going to get our TR done (cause I'm always reading others). Can't wait for more.

:goodvibes

Great TR so far...I'm all caught up! I love all of the surprises you put together for your parents......that is so thoughtful! :goodvibes Sorry to hear that your mom got so sick...

I am LOVING your trip report! Great job! It looks like you had the best time...and what a way to make some memories with your parents!

ahhh need more!!! Just found your trip report and am loving it! :goodvibes So far it seems like you had a magical time! My DH and I were there around the same time, maybe we were in the same place at the same time.. that would be cool!! Can't wait for more!

:banana: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!:banana:

Wow guys! Thank you all!! I didn't realize that I had so many readers!! :goodvibes

tinavw - Thank you! Yes I was very relieved to hear that my mom was feeling better, too!! She worried me for a while!

heaven2dc - Glad you are enjoying all the pictures!! :) Thanks for reading!

trivial - Jet Blue...yay thank you! I'm glad to hear that you like them!! I'm going to try them out one of these days!!

Golden Afternoon - YES the Disney spirit in the Airport....it's the fact that you've been planning your trip for SO long and you can't wait to get there...being in the airport is "almost there" and you just can't contain your excitement!!

caitty - What a small world, huh? We were there at the same time!!!

Spartangirl - Thank you!! :) My parent's enjoyed the surprises!! It was fun planning them all!

Princess Always - yes there is WAY too much to do to let sickness keep you down!!! I agree with you 100%!!! :)

Winkers - Thank you so much!

pjstevens - I do the same thing!! That's why I've been so slack on this TR, I've been reading other people's!! :laughing:

Folador - :lmao: More is coming!!!

Flesner - yes we had a BLAST!! Lots of great memories!!

coconut sunshine - We probably were at the same places at the same times! It is such a small world!

Ok now for more........sorry I kept you all waiting for so long!! :)

More December 7, 2007 (last time........)

dwc141.jpg

Next stop: Garden Grill!! I made a reservation at this restaurant mainly for my mother. She LOVED this place last time we were here. My dad has really been trying to eat less meat and he's basically become more of a vegetarian lately...although not a strict one. Up until this night, he hadn't eaten meat in 8 months!! :laughing: I felt bad for "breaking" his diet ... however, he told me when making reservations at restaurants, not to worry about him because he'd find something that he could eat.

Anyway....

dwc142.jpg

We were seated pretty quickly. Last time we ate here, we were seated on the first level but tonight, we were placed up on the 2nd level.

Our waiter took our drink orders and before too long, Mickey came by!!

dwc143.jpg

dwc144.jpg

Our waitress was a girl...I can't remember her name...but she was AWESOME!! One of the best! :)

dwc145.jpg

Our Salad and Bread was brought out first

dwc146.jpg

Along with a special menu of the food for the night!!

dwc147.jpg

Pluto came by next! He's silly!! :laughing:

dwc148.jpg

dwc149.jpg

Next.....FOOD!!

dwc150.jpg

We had steak, turkey, and catfish bites as far as meat go. Along with the meat, we also had Vegetables and Potatoes.

My dad actually ate a piece of turkey. After he ate that, he said that he felt so guilty... :laughing: Poor thing...I felt bad!!

dwc151.jpg

Dale........

dwc152.jpg

And Chip.......

dwc153.jpg

dwc154.jpg

As we were getting close to the end of our meal, a family was seated at the table behind us. They were so nice...we talked with them a little bit since the restaurant was relatively quiet and most people had cleared out!

They had an adorable little girl and a 6 month old little boy.

dwc155.jpg

I say all that for this very reason................When Mickey walked up to their table, he kneeled down to get on the little girl's level and you should have seen that LOOK in her eyes!! She lit up, her eyes got big...absolutely adorable!! Then she ran up to Mickey and he gave her the BIGGEST and LONGEST HUG I have ever seen!!! It brought TEARS to my eyes! It's not even my kid, and I was sitting there CRYING like a baby!!! :sad: I just had to take a picture of them. Of course I missed the hug but that's because I was crying like a little kid!! :laughing:

Anyway,

dwc156.jpg

My mom and dad started being silly. My dad says that my mom "abuses" him (jokingly) and it's mainly because he PICKS on her. Well here they are being silly!! :laughing:

dwc157.jpg

Before too long, dessert was brought out! Mhmmhh.....good stuff!! Apple Pie stuff covered in this caramel sauce...yummy!!! :)

............Cont................

................Cont................

The plan for this night was to watch Illuminations. I wasn't too sure if we'd make it, though since our dinner reservations weren't until 7:50 p.m. When we ate at the Living Seas for our Honeymoon, our reservations were for 7:00 p.m. and we made it out just as Illuminations had ended (we got to watch it on another night, though!). Anyway, I just knew that we'd miss it for tonight but WE DIDN'T!! :woohoo:

dwc158.jpg

We HURRIED over to World Showcase to find a good spot! Whatever "good" spots were left........it was like 10 minutes to show time. "Good spots" ... yeah right.

dwc159.jpg

I took a few pictures of the tree and lighting setup. So very pretty!!! I wanted to ride the monorail through it at night but we didn't get to. Oh well.

dwc160.jpg

I can't remember if I said this before or not.....but this trip was one of "NEW DISCOVERIES"!! I wanted to SEE and DO things that I have never seen or done before in Disney!!! I had printed that list of "Hidden Secrets" that I found here on the DIS to give me some ideas!!

Sooo......as we walked through Canada, I found this.......

dwc161.jpg

"In Canada, there is a huge "rock" at the Kodak picture spot. Before Illuminations begins, the top of the "rock" will open, and sound and lighting equipment for Illuminations will come out." Pretty neat, huh? :)

We found a spot for Illuminations but didn't realize until too late that there was a TREE directly above us that would obstruct our view!! Pooey.

dwc162.jpg

It was ok for a while, though.......

dwc163.jpg

dwc164.jpg

More Illuminations......

dwc165.jpg

If I looked directly UP, this is what I saw......

dwc166.jpg

:sad2: It made me sad because I wasn't sure if we'd get another night in Epcot to watch Illuminations!!

dwc167.jpg

Oh well....I figured we'd work out something!

After Illuminations, it was EMH time!!

We headed straight for Mexico to get the ride in Mexico and Norway out of the way....lol that sounds funny.

dwc168.jpg

dwc169.jpg

I love the updated ride with Donald!! Sometimes I think he's almost "forgotten". Makes DH sad for sure!

dwc170.jpg

A picture of San Angelo from the boat ride. We'd be eating here in a few nights!

dwc171.jpg

The Mexican Temple!

dwc172.jpg

A few pictures from the ride.....

dwc173.jpg

Sorry about the lady's head in the way! Hehe!

After the boat ride, I got a picture of the Mexico "Marketplace"!

dwc174.jpg

This is from the front door entrance

................Cont...................

...................Cont...................

dwc175.jpg

Then we headed to Norway

dwc176.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah we're all gonna DIEEEEEEEE!! :laughing:

dwc177.jpg

Us on the ride!

dwc178.jpg

DH liked the troll out in the gift shop! ;)

dwc179.jpg

My dad saw this hat and thought it was funny! I don't know why he didn't buy it, though!

dwc180.jpg

I saw a girl wearing this hat earlier in the day and had to laugh!!

dwc181.jpg

After that, we headed for the Imagination Pavillion to see FIGMENT!!!

dwc184.jpg

dwc182.jpg

DH couldn't help but play with this one...especially since it reminded him of his old conducting days!

dwc183.jpg

I just thought this was very pretty!

We also watched Honey I Shrunk the Audience. We met a VERY nice man while waiting in the "preshow" area. He was from NY and he is a DVC owner. He answered ALL of our questions about DVC and gave me his business card. He told us to call him if we had any questions!!! So very nice! :)

dwc185.jpg

Last but not least for the night, we headed to Soarin! We didn't get a FP because it was almost midnight by this time and Epcot was closing at midnight. Our wait for this ride was probably right around 20 minutes or so. I do have to say though....Soarin is by far the LONGEST line we waited in all week! We were very lucky!!

As we were up to the part where you are acutally standing on numbers that assign your rows for the ride, I looked down and realized that I was standing on a number ONE! I got all excited and I was like, "OMG are we on the FRONT ROW?!?!" The girl behind me laughed and said, "YES we are on the front row!!" She was just as excited as I was!!!! My parent's first time to ride and they got on the front row!!!!! :woohoo:

After Soarin, it was time to say bye bye to Epcot!

dwc186.jpg

dwc187.jpg

However, we had an entire day coming up to spend here so I wasn't too sad!

dwc188.jpg

Up next.........Day #2 and MGM!

Bet you thought I'd NEVER get through December 7, huh?? :lmao: I didn't think I'd ever get through it!!! :lmao:

Saturday, December 8, 2007 - MGM Day!

Today is MGM Day! MGM is one of DH's favorite parks...not mine. I love MGM, I really do...but it kind of stresses me out a bit. You have so many shows to see, fastpass times to use.....it's hard to work everything in!! We ended up at MGM THREE days this trip because we didn't get to see/do everything that we wanted to see and do!! :scared: <----once again, Over-Excessive Planner-Zilla came to my rescue! :laughing:

Anyway, we wore our first set of matching shirts today!! :woohoo:

dwc190.jpg

I had DH take the picture.

Of course, he has to act like a goofball and take a picture of...

dwc189.jpg

Our feet. EVERY time DH gets my camera, he takes a picture of his feet. Don't know why...probably never will understand it......crazy crazy boy. :laughing:

dwc191.jpg

Jason and I while waiting for the bus!

dwc192.jpg

Sportin the shades!

dwc193.jpg

On our way to MGM, we saw this!! Yay DVC!!

dwc194.jpg

MGM's massive tree was outside the entrance way. We stopped for a few minutes for some pictures!

dwc195.jpg

The backs of our shirts! :)

dwc196.jpg

I could NOT wait to see this tonight!!! The OFSOL is by far one of the best highlights of our trip!!!

dwc197.jpg

Hollywood Boulevard

................................Cont...............................

...............................Cont...............................

dwc198.jpg

Sunset Boulevard. First on the list: Fastpasses for Rockin Roller Coaster, then Tower of Terror!!

dwc199.jpg

The creepy fireplace

dwc200.jpg

Check this out.....I'm sure you can see all three of us on the front row...yeah well I'm screaming my head off and my dad is looking at me like, "What is your problem!?" This is by far the funniest picture of the week! :lmao:

dwc201.jpg

Walking around the park

dwc202.jpg

Indiana Jones!!

dwc203.jpg

Time for..........

dwc205.jpg

Rockin Roller Coaster Fastpasses!!

dwc204.jpg

My dad and DH in line

dwc206.jpg

We took a walk along the Streets of America during the daytime and I took pictures of the "un-lit" lights! I could NOT wait to see these at night!

dwc207.jpg

Amazing!!

dwc209.jpg

In my last TR, I complained about not being able to find a good fast service restaurant in MGM that served "decent" food (not hamburgers and french fries!). Well, another DIS friend, Maggie, came to my rescue and suggested a nice little restaurant behind the Honey I Shrunk the Audience set called "Studio Catering Company". This trip, I was determined to find this place! And we did!! :woohoo:

dwc208.jpg

DH and I each had the pulled pork sandwich and chips with cheesecake for dessert!!

dwc210.jpg

While eating, we had a friendly little bird stop by to say hello!!

Up next: The Osborne Family Specatcle of Dancing Lights and 50's Prime Time Cafe!

Again your pictures are amazing! I really love your matching shirts!

I'm loving your TR. I want to take my kids next Christmas to see all the decorations and to get away from all the shopping craziness. Can't wait to read more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter