A Very Lurkyloo Christmas is FINISHED! New 3/16: Last Day of the Trip!

Great (and hilarious!) update!! :goodvibes I L-O-V-E the Morocco pictures :lovestruc So beautiful and so many of them could be framed and hung on a wall as art! Patrick is a great photographer!

I loved the "American" version of asking to see the pins and that was one hearty looking fruit salad! :rolleyes:

Can't wait for more! Good luck at your Dad's and I'm keeping my fingers crossed too! :banana:.

Great installment! Love the pics of the train display -- we were there last Dec. and I didn't even notice that it was decorated, doh! I'm bummed to hear the "meh" review of Kouzzina. We're booked there for dinner later this month and I had high hopes.

Good luck over the next couple of weeks. I'm sure that's rough and I hope you're doing okay.:goodvibes

We waited about 10 minutes for one of the numerous empty tables. I know there must be some staffing-related reason they do this, but it just looks like they’re being difficult.
ITA. At Shutters, it was insisted that I take a buzzer, even though I'd been told a table was ready. I was then forced to walk away from the podium... 3 steps later, the buzzer went off, I turned around to give it back and was seated. Really, all that was necessary?!

But my mission came to a grinding halt in Morocco, where the CMs don’t wear pins.
Really? Wonder why. :confused:

DH’s mission in Morocco, it seems, was to take lots of pictures from crazy angles!
Angles are good! :thumbsup2

Oh yeah – and at some point I tried asking a Japanese CM “Peeng oh misaytay kudasai?” and was politely slapped across the mouth.
:rotfl2:

Young lovers, beware!!!

DSC07874.jpg
:lmao:

Carrie, i can't even quote everything I want to reply on. This last post was probably one of the funniest I have read from you in a long time! You were on FIRE! Loved all the stuff you got i n Japan! Really loved the pics in Morocco! Also, I loveeeeee the Mexico pavillion, and want to eat there just for the atmopshere..but i think I owuld regret it! Did, Coral Reef chnage their menu recently? I was bummed you couldn't get your grits! But glad you got to meet my turtle friend! We told Stve hi for you last time we went ;)

Anywho, like I said, too much funny to comment it all! Love dthe post! Can you email me the "may I see your pins" in each language?? I think i should make Kayla ask people in their native. Will make h er experience that much cooler?? Or embarass her??? who kows, either way I'm ok with it:goodvibes

Like InkedupMomma, I have way too many things to comment on for this installment!!
So, I think I'll just say....EXCELLENT FANTABULOUS job!!!

Patrick's pics are amazing!!! I'm going to go check out that camera now for our next trip...but I thought it was an SLR? Is it a Point and Shoot? Really? If so, that would be so cool...

Anyway, good luck up north, I'll be thinking of you and sending you peaceful thoughts...

Anyway, in case I didn't make myself clear before...this installment totally ROCKED!

:goodvibes

So I am reading here at work, laughing OUT LOUD many many times - too funny!!!! To make it worse, the gal I used to share space with moved to a different department, so I am literally here all by myself, laughing like a crazy person. I just saw 2 girls from accounting give me a look.:rotfl:

Great update!!!

What are these?

DSC07839.jpg

I also learned how to request a pin trade in American: “OMG, may I C UR pins? LOL! TTYL!”

Genuis, I tell ya! Genius!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Darn, I thought I quoted the giant lizard pix, but I guess I didn't. I really hate that, because the picture of the lizard going for the cookies is? Priceless!

Great installment! Makes me really sad to know that it will be at least a couple of weeks before we get another one. Then it dawns on me what an incredibly selfish thing to say that is, and I feel bad. :headache: So I'll say that I owe you a :hug: for doing what you're about to do, and a :grouphug: for me being selfish about it. :littleangel:

Great update Carrie! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the army of lizards all over WDW. Maybe they're really spies sent by one of those "other" parks to steal secrets ;) Good luck at your dad's house and don't worry about your TR if you can't update we'll keep an eye on it for you :thumbsup2

"Didn't have the sense God gave a donut hole"-hee hee-longtime lurker here-my daughter and I LOVE your trip reports.Condolences on the loss of your father.Just wanted to say you've got two more fans!

Carrie...Eric's bday is Oct 24th so it would either be end of Oct or he has been saying how much he loved DL in Dec when we were there so could be early Dec. We'll see.

Loved the godzirra pictures!!!!:lmao:

Patricks new camera got some killer pics in the Mexican pavillion...that one is a hard one to photograph.

Thanks for always making me laugh :banana:!

I hope your time spent at your Dad's won't be too difficult but know that you have lots of folks thinking of you & sending hugs your way.:grouphug:

Love all the great World Showcase shots. The pictures in Morocco made me smile because I now always go crazy taking shots of the AAR, so I know how Patrick and you feel about Morocco. I am totally jealous about the tank seat at Coral Reef. For our 1st anniversary dinner, we ended up on the 2nd tier even after several "reminders" that we were celebrating our anniversary and held our reception upstairs in the LSS :headache:

Take your time with your dad's stuff; we'll all be here whenever you get a chance to get back to your TR.

I just want to echo that I too cannot believe Patrick's picture are from a point and shoot. They are fantastic and look totally DSLR! Can't wait to see more.

Oh and I anxiously await the next installment whenever it comes. Mmmmm Jiko...:faint: (there really needs to be a drooling smile...)

What a great set of updates! Commentary in random order:

Love your ability to hone in on any wedding in WDW! :laughing:

Not sure I'd complain about getting digits from some Italian CM's. :rolleyes1

Gorgeous pics of Morocco. I agree, I think that may be the most photogenic of the pavilions.

Totally missed the pinata in Mexico! Isn't the inside of the pavilion gorgeous?

I really need to explore the Seas more... I've hardly seen any of it.

Patrick and his new camera make a great team. I'm sure you help too. ;)

Good luck up at your Dad's house. Hope you'll be able to DIS. We'll be thinking of you. :goodvibes

Stellar update! I love that you decided to take a more relaxed approach, yet you still managed to get into the world showcase right after park opening. And you have been in WDW for less than 24 hours and have already seen two weddings! That's impressive!

What type of camera did Patrick get? His photos are marvelous. I think he is taking lessons from the Roots. He really got some unique shots. Between your writing and his photos - what a great TR. :thumbsup2

Sorry that you have to go out of town for a couple weeks. I hope things go well with settling your dads affairs. I hope we hear from you soon.

Now I know you’re supposed to wait to buy your souvenirs til the very last day of your trip, when you’ve had a chance to see everything, but when we set foot inside the Mitsukoshi Department Store, its Japanese Cute Rays zapped us and we went on a mad shopping spree. Each thing you see is cuter than the last, and you must purchase it ALL!
Hey, it's 2010 now -- time to make our own rules! Souvenirs all day, every day!

Someday, I want a koi pond of my very own… in the backyard of my house that looks like Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion and has a room themed to each of the park’s different lands…
Awesome. Truly, truly awesome.

GARGANTUAN KILLER LIZARDS!!!

DSC07872.jpg

“Merry Chrissssssssmasssssss!”
DSC07873.jpg

Young lovers, beware!!!

DSC07874.jpg

“Cookies! I smell cookies!”
DSC07878.jpg

DSC07870.jpg

DSC07867.jpg
:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

They tried to seat us at crummy table for four up on the gloomy, crowded top level, but I pointed out they had a table for two next to the tank and they switched us. Whew!
Seriously, why do they always do this?

Oh the lizards!!

Carrie, do you have a problem :sick: with our reptilian/ amphibian friends? Just making sure...:rolleyes1

Now, those lizardS... have they been creatively posed? :rotfl2: I was just expecting a train off the tracks like we saw.

How did I miss the tequila bar thing? Were there seriously people who didn't find enough alcohol in WS already? I can't get past France's slushies (Maybe I should go clockwise next time...)

Great update and great photos Patrick *Pat on the back*. Ever wonder if he feels like he doesn't get enough credit for these reports? :lmao:

Hey i Likey a Lurkyloo TR.
Witty as usual. Looking forward to more.
Luck with the Dad stuff.
Will be waiting with patience....:surfweb:

You sure know how to go out with a BANG, don't you???

This update was without a doubt your best yet!!! Too funny! I nearly choked up my coffee!

Good luck with everything up north...we will be thinking of you!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter