• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A *VERY* indecisive newbie's first pre-trippie...But WE ARE going this time!

Angibaby

I'm Going to Disney World!
HEY ALL! I am gonna make my first attempt at a report of ANY kind here on the DIS cause...well...this will be our FIRST trip to the WORLD!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I should say, I have been around the Dis for a while {mostly lurking and longing for my trip to the World} but I dont post much. This isnt the first time I have attepted to plan a trip to the World either. Last year I was going to take my family however I decided they needed a little more practice on how to behave in public {ahhm}. The kiddos were NOT having the greatest of great years at the time and I had no intention of spending my hard earned cash to just have to YELL at them. So yeah we decided to postpone. {well, mostly that was MY decision...they werent very happy about it.} It was a hard decision, BUT I didnt want to be one of "those" people either...:sad2:

So before I get started on details of the trip...let me intro you to the cast of my pre-trippie...{lets PRAY I can add the photos! LOL!}

First up is me...Angi! I am a 29 {that's my story and I am stickin to it!!!} year old single Momma of 4 kiddos. I have NEVER been to the WORLD {nope NOT ONCE! I blame my parents...can someone call child services and have them charged with NEGLECT please!} You know what is FUNNY tho? When I was a kid I was SURE my parents went to Disney without me. I have this VERY vivid memory of being at my Grandparents house while my parents went SOMEWHERE and they came back with these really nice dishes for my brother and I. They were Sesame Street dishes and I was SURE my parents got them from DISNEY. Uh yeah...we ALL know how obsurd THAT is, but in my little girl mind I was just DEVASTATED!!! LOL! I still have the bowls to those dishes and when I pick one up and look at it I still have this memory. It is so weird...but I digress...Another thing about me....I tend to be long winded and need to be told to SHUT up at times! LOL!
As far as this trip is concerned I am chief payer and planner {unless I can find a sugar daddy before this trip! LOL!} I have OCD planning issues. EVERY trip I go on is like this. I even try to plan other peoples trips...LOL! I just hate to miss things. I would say that my favorite Disney Characters are Tink and Ariel. I bet you wanna know what I am looking forward to on this trip dontcha? {well even if you dont I am gonna tell ya! :rotfl2: } I cant wait to see the castle and also my kids faces light up with the magic of it all. I am HOPING {praying, pleading} that I can manage to get through the week with minimal fighting and {me} crying! I am also looking forward to the "big" rides...I love coasters and such! :lovestruc
P5230076.jpg

Ok I wanna see if my photo shows up I will post the rest of the cast on the NEXT post...:)

:cool1: :cool1: It WORKED! :cool1: :cool1:

Next up in the cast...
Dayinaira...She is my oldest at 13 {will be 14 on Valentines day!} What to say about Dayinaira {or Dee..is what we usually call her!}? She is very much a typical teen testing my buttons on continious basis. She can be SWEET as pie {it helps if she will ge something for being sweet} and very helpful with her sibs and such the next minute she will be irritating them on purpose {I am SURE she gets this trait from her father :sad2: } She is a TALL girl {at least 4 inches taller than me already!}. She loves basketball and "chillin" with her friends. I will have to ask her what she most looks forward to but I KNOW she LOVES thrill rides {has since she was very young! Actually ALL my kids love them it is funny...their Dad is scared to death of them!}

Here she is...
1086.jpg
Beautiful huh? LOL!{I am NOT bias!}

Next up is Ashlyn...She is my 10 year old. I always refer to her as having Middle Child Syndrome :sad2: esp. when her older sister is around. She is often sulking about being "picked on"...Funny thing is when Dee isnt around she easily slips into the "oldest" role. She LOVES to boss her younger sibs. Ashlyn THINKS she is Goth...LOL! I buy her clothing in red with accents of black and the occasional "girly goth" thing so she can keep up her "dis"illusion. She is my total animal lover and wants to be a vet when she grows up. Her favorite Disney Charecter is Jack from Nightmare Before Xmas. She also loves rides, Hannah Montana and High School Musical.

Here she is...
831.jpg

Here she is on Halloween when I let her "play" goth! LOL!
991-1.jpg

Next two are coming right up! :goodvibes

Ok the photos are large. I will have to learn to resize {but tonigt that aint happening}

So next is Isaiah he is my only man! Super sweet 7 year old and in the second grade. He is at the top of his class and his teacher says she would like him to be a "leader" but he talks to much {I have NO CLUE where this comes from...:rotfl: }. He loves art and is always drawing something. He is the easiest of my kids and has been since birth. I was worried about him when my youngest was born because he was such a Momma's boy but he proved to be a great big brother. He wants to meet Peter Pan when we are in Disney and also ride on Buzz Lightyear.

Here he is...
561-1.jpg

Then there is Ainsley! {or Stinky, Stinkerbelle, baby girl...girl with a thousand names! LOL!} :goodvibes She is 5 years old and smart as a whip! She is already reading at 2nd grade level! I am a little sad that my baby is growing up but she allows me to still call her baby "cause I will always be YOUR baby Momma!" :goodvibes She is VERY good for the self esteem as she tells me daily how wonderful I am! LOL! I bought honey the other day at the store and she is convinced we need to take THAT bottle of honey with us to Disney to show Pooh she likes honey and take a photo of her, pooh and the honey! LOL! So obviously she wants to meet Pooh. She also loves the princesses and when asked to pick a favorite she picked them ALL! LOL! She loves rides like her sibs and is bummed out that she may not be big enough for them all. She saw a photo of Devine in the Passporter last night and since then has talked about how she was NOT gonna see her! She is a little scared to say the least!

Here is Stink!
849.jpg

That is all for photos. Other cast members may be my little sis Allison...she is 21 and POSSIBLY my Mom. My sister has already said she is coming my Mom hasnt decided yet. So we will see. I have to find a decent photo of my sis and intro her later...I have to work in the AM so I need to get some rest!

:cool1: :cool1: Hi Arkie! My first reply!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I bet you are right about not being my last trip! :)

Angi..you have a BEAUTIFUL family..they will ENJOY it sooooo much. As you will too. My first time was 1980--Magic Kingdom was the only park. And you had to buy tickets to ride the rides (anyone remember those?)..but it's changed so much since then. You will LOVE it so much and will be HOOKED, I promise you. I haven't been in fourteen years but we're going in June :)

By the way, I've subscribed to this thread!!! I'll be keeping up.

Hi Angi! Your first trip...SO exciting! Your family is beautiful! :flower3: I also have a 13 year old...soon to be 14. Hard to believe.....I remember BEING 14....LOL! Anyway, my teenager is a boy, so it will be interesting to compare! I have an Isaiah as well. Mine is 11. Not a very common name so it was fun to see you have one too! Can't wait to hear more about your planning! :surfweb: You've come to the right place for help and advice! :thumbsup2

I remember my first trip :) Was so excited that I don't remember very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter