• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Very Cheery Not So Scary Birthday Soiree (Updated 11/30!)

...Continued from previous post

Day 1: Part 3—GIRAFFES!

There were no animals out at Jambo House, so we continued on our way to Kidani….

More cool lights….

KidaniLight3.jpg

This mask represents an African warrior.

KidaniMask3.jpg

And this one represents the ideal femine beauty. Girl power!

KidaniMask.jpg

We loved these little seating areas, too…quiet nooks with great views!

KidaniLobby2.jpg

KidaniLobby.jpg

But we were there for the main event…GIRAFFES (and one or two other animals, too)!

KidaniGiraffe3.jpg

KidaniGiraffes.jpg

KidaniGiraffes3.jpg

KidaniGiraffeCows.jpg

KidaniGiraffeOstrich.jpg

KidaniGiraffe.jpg

KidaniGiraffe5.jpg

KidaniGiraffe6.jpg

(playing with photoediting here)

KidaniBird2.jpg

KidaniBird3.jpg

KidaniGiraffe8.jpg

Hmm…I wonder what kind of rare creatures these are:

KidaniUs.jpg

The humidity was SO bad…my hair had gone completely limp. Ugh!

In spite of the heat and humidity, we stayed outside a long time, watching the animals and taking photos. I wanted to get pictures of the zebras, too, but they were…uuummm…busy. VERY Busy!

There was a very nice CM on duty to answer questions, and we had a lovely chat with him. He told us that although many people think of the African savannah as being sandy and barren, where he’s from, South Africa on the Indian Ocean coast, the savannah is just like the one at Kidani. He was finishing up his cultural exchange program with Disney and would be going home in just a few days. He told us what a great experience it was, so much so that he’d extended his program an extra couple of months.

By the time we wished him a safe journey home and said goodbye, it was almost 2 p.m., and the beignets had long ago been burned off in the African/Florida heat. It was time to get our grub on!

Up next…a new Disney restaurant for me!

Beignets require a bib. Got it. :lmao:

I've never even set foot in AKL (unfortunately) but pictures alone always make me swoon. It's such a gorgeous place!!!

Okay, I don't know why, but for some reason that ostrich next to the giraffe seriously looks like it's posing like a human, with her 'hands on her hips.' :rotfl:

Great giraffe pictures! They are such cool animals!

Do not eat beignets before engagement photos...got it! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

AKL really is spectacular, isn't it? That was a great idea to visit there!

What a lovely birthday present! I'm sorry he wasn't able to go to WDW with y'all & give it to you on "y'alls bench".

Yay! for the room upgrade! Such a nice view. And beignets - you can never go wrong with beignets! :thumbsup2 The messiness is part of what makes them so yummy.

I really want to go visit AKL one day. It just looks so pretty!

Beignets require a bib. Got it. :lmao:

I've never even set foot in AKL (unfortunately) but pictures alone always make me swoon. It's such a gorgeous place!!!

Okay, I don't know why, but for some reason that ostrich next to the giraffe seriously looks like it's posing like a human, with her 'hands on her hips.' :rotfl:

Great giraffe pictures! They are such cool animals!

Maybe you could sell a "Beignet Bib" idea to Disney! Instant millionaire!

You MUST get to AKL...it's well worth a visit. So beautiful...plus they have Zebra domes!

LOL...She does look like she has her hands on her hips and is all, "Guuuurlll, you KNOW I'm fab-o-lous!"

Thanks! It was so neat being up close to them like that!

Do not eat beignets before engagement photos...got it! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

AKL really is spectacular, isn't it? That was a great idea to visit there!

LOL...Excellent idea (but be sure to get them while you're there...they're to die for)!

AKL really is amazing! I haven't been there in a long time, and it was kinda like seeing it for the first time again!

What a lovely birthday present! I'm sorry he wasn't able to go to WDW with y'all & give it to you on "y'alls bench".

Yay! for the room upgrade! Such a nice view. And beignets - you can never go wrong with beignets! :thumbsup2 The messiness is part of what makes them so yummy.

I really want to go visit AKL one day. It just looks so pretty!

Thank you. I was bummed that he wasn't able to go, but I love that he's such a good dad...and in this case, it really is the thought that counts!

I know, right?? I was so happy with our view pixie dust! Beignets are messy perfection!

Oh I LOVE AKL! It's so gorgeous there! What a great idea to go there to get your giraffe fill - no lines! :)

As soon as I saw the Ferris Bueller reference I was totally in for this TR! That is one of my favorite movies. AND YOUR FAVORITE IS EUGENE????? Oh, I'm SO in. I am madly in love with Eugene. It's kind of a problem at this point. I am SO EXCITED to go to MNSSHP next week so I can finally meet him!!!!

I'm sorry that Gabriel couldn't come. I'm glad that his daughter's injury didn't end up being serious though, at least. It was so sweet of him to plan that for you with the ring even though it didn't go as you'd hoped, of course it's the thought that counts! I'm sure you'll get to be in Disney together soon.

I totally agree... every time I go under the arch it's like going home. But better, cause you can't find Eugene Fitzherbert at my actual home...sigh.

That was a great idea to go over to AKL and see the giraffes. It's one of my favorite resorts, the beauty of it just never ever ever gets old!

I can't wait to hear about your MNSSHP experience... we are going next week and I am TOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

Hola! :cool1:

Hey there! :yay:

Hi, y'all! :wave2:

Just popping on to check in with a quick real life update. I've been MIA from the Dis and life in general due to emergency knee surgery last Thursday. The cadaver tendon I had put in this spring ruptured and ultimately had to be re-replaced. After some trouble with dangerously low blood levels and pain management in the hospital, I'm back to work (from home a few hours a day) and deep into the hell known as physical therapy!

I'm dying to get caught up on the PTRs and TRs I'm following, and I hope to have a new installment of this report up by tomorrow!

Hola! :cool1:

Hey there! :yay:

Hi, y'all! :wave2:

Just popping on to check in with a quick real life update. I've been MIA from the Dis and life in general due to emergency knee surgery last Thursday. The cadaver tendon I had put in this spring ruptured and ultimately had to be re-replaced. After some trouble with dangerously low blood levels and pain management in the hospital, I'm back to work (from home a few hours a day) and deep into the hell known as physical therapy!

I'm dying to get caught up on the PTRs and TRs I'm following, and I hope to have a new installment of this report up by tomorrow!

Wow that sounds awful. And I soooo feel your pain. I hope your recovery is and speedy process. Take care !!!

Joining in! :cheer2:

The ring your husband bought you was BEAUTIFUL! And I've never had the beignets before but OMG I NEED TO TRY THEM!

Cannot wait to read more!

Joining in! :cheer2:

The ring your husband bought you was BEAUTIFUL! And I've never had the beignets before but OMG I NEED TO TRY THEM!

Cannot wait to read more!

Welcome!! :cool1:

He did a great job on that ring, I have to agree!

You MUST have the beignets...little puffed pieces of Heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter