A Very British Trip Report November 2012

Discussion in 'UK Trip Reports Board' started by Kevin Stringer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. blofieldt

blofieldt traceeyore

I wouldn't worry about Georgia becoming big headed Kev as I am sure you will take great pleasure in bringing her back down to earth.... just call her grumpy like you usually do :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disney_princess_85

disney_princess_85 DIS Veteran

Excellent report as always, I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

4. westgrove

westgrove Mouseketeer

what a wonderful trip report - i never thought of going on a disney cruise before but your pictures have certainly piqued my interest!

5. sharon78

sharon78 DIS Veteran

Great Trip report Kev & Tam, always a good read. It's lovely to see how the girls have grown up through all the trip reports. However you & Tam havn't aged a bit ;)

-Sharon

6. Chilly

Chilly RIP Tag Fairy

Wonderful report Kev & Tam, how did you find out about North Captiva it looks stunning?

7. wee-haggis

wee-haggis DIS Veteran

Excellent trip reporting! Everything looks amazing. We just arrived back from the Boardwalk and loved it. The location is so convenient being able to walk to Epcot and the Studios. If you ever do decide to go back to WDW don't miss Sanaa restaurant at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. It is excellent.

8. Kevin Stringer

Kevin Stringer <font color=blue>Chat Host<br><font color=brown>Od

We have stayed on Captiva before and were looking around for accommodation there when we noticed you could get much more for your money on North Captiva. Neither is particularly cheap (I think we paid $200 per night for The Little Ark), but for that we had a much nicer standard of villa.

It depends whether you want everything on your doorstep (Captiva) or are happy to have a quieter self catering type of experience.

Kev

9. Magic Megadegs

Magic Megadegs Mouseketeer

Brilliant trip report thank you, I really enjoyed it! What video camera did you use or was it just your regular camera? The vids and you pictures are so clear!!!

10. Kevin Stringer

I bought a Panasonic SD90 HD camcorder a few months ago. The downside of this is that you have to have a decent PC to edit the footage, recent video editing software and some method of showing it on a HD TV. I haven't got a blu ray player or burner, so I stream directly from the PC to the TV using a WDTV streamer. Phew! That makes it sound a bit complex, but it's not so bad really.
    The quality from the SD90 is excellent.

Tam uses a cheap Nikon Coolpix digital camera for the photos. The best tip I can give anyone is to use the 'sharpen' tool you can find in nearly any photo editing software to make the pictures look clearer.

Kev

Kev

11. Magic Megadegs

Magic Megadegs Mouseketeer

Thank you for that, really helpful. Loved your trip report, looked fabulous!

12. Jets fan

Jets fan DIS Veteran

Kev/Tam

Absolutely loved the trip report from start to finish and loved the videos, North Captiva looked wonderful and just the sort of holiday in paradise that people dream of!

I miss Florida so much, but with a sister living in Sydney it does make it a tad difficult to get to Florida as well, your trip report has just made me long even more to be back:thumbsup2

Tina

13. snapppyd

snapppyd God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!

Just found the latest trip report and loved it! We want to do the exact same vacation! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say your family is lovely and I always laugh and cry reading your reports. When you surprised the girls I got choked up, the part about GiGi the can can girl had me laughing out loud.

We are hoping to be at the Beach Club in October; but would love to try Captiva next spring! Thanks for the "memories" :lmao:

14. kirstenb1

kirstenb1 DIS Veteran

Thoroughly enjoyed reading about Captiva, Vero, Ron Jon and the cruise!! You all have a wonderful sense of humor, and joy for life. I wholeheartedly agree about the Lay's Sour Cream and Onion chips. I'd have to order them in cases if we ever left America, LOL!!

Seriously, those Captiva photos and trip report were fabulous!! Looks like you had the place to yourselves---my idea of paradise!!

15. Kevin Stringer

Thanks very much for your kind words ladies. At least I assume you are all ladies. If not, sorry for the mix up gentlemen! ;)

A Med cruise is the next holiday (in August) - no Disney element to this I'm afraid. I'll let Tam to the bulk of that report because I'm getting lazy in my old age.

Kev

16. solgent

solgent DIS Veteran

I have been reading your reports for years. I love this one. Haven't even finished but had to come here and tell you how much I am enjoying it. Great photos, love Tam's writing style, love your little asides. I love how your daughters still vacation with you and how you play games together. I also love how your daughter likes Lays potato chips! I thought Walker's were the same, but I guess not! But I know just how she feels because we are huge Anglophiles and as soon as we get to the UK we rush to the grocery store and get our favorite British treats.

17. Kevin Stringer

Thanks Solgent. Sorry I'm just replying, but we've just returned from our latest holiday. Nothing to do with Disney this time - Tam and I went on a Med cruise on the Celebrity Reflection. She took lots of notes (and photos), so there will be a report on the website when we get around to it.

18. wicket2005

wicket2005 <font color=deeppink><marquee behavior=alternate>H

Thank you for sharing, enjoyed reading about your holiday.