A Very Belated Trip Report DAY 6 - MK, Grand Floridian Tea, E Night

jesdmill1

Eeyore lover
Trip Dates: June 11-17, 2000

The Cast:
Me, Jessica, 22 and a first time Disney visitor
My Mom – 45, a Disney nut dying to see Animal Kingdom

Fri June 16 – MK – - GF Tea, Columbia Harbor

Our second full day in the MK! We got up a little later and arrived at the parks around 11. We rode the steamboat (fun, but we have them on the river at home, which tends to lower the appeal) and then did Haunted Mansion again. Then my Mom insisted we do Alien Encounter. I didn’t enjoy it, but I had learned from the boards to sit up extra tall so the harness wouldn’t make me feel trapped when I sat normally. I had to keep telling myself it was only a ride – it was really scary! I bet my BF will love it when we go.

After Alien encounter I made my Mom ride It’s a Small World again in punishment. Then we decided to take a break and go to the Grand Floridian for Tea. We had been planning to do this and had starved ourselves all morning! We got the grand tea, which included Tea Sandwiches (egg salad, watercress, and one other) excellent! Scones and Jam with clotted cream were next. Mmm… I love real cream! These were wonderful, and not at all like the kind you get at most bakeries! We also had jam tarts, which were excellent. Next we each got to choose little tea pastries off a cart. They were wonderful as well! The meal also included a glass of sparkling wine and tea. We each got raspberry iced tea, which was served in an iced tea brewer for loose tea. I’d never seen one of these before, but I had to get one later. The tea was wonderful – one of the best teas I’ve ever had!

After the tea we headed back to the MK and rode some rides over again, but mostly just looked around in shops. My Mom bought several things from the Christmas shop. She got ornaments and the cutest stuffed eeyores with nightcaps and nightshirts! We watched the parade again and then saw the fireworks from fantasyland. Since we were staying for E Night we then went right on with that!

E night was definitely worth it for us! We rode Splash Mountain once, Haunted Mansion at least 4 times, and Buzz Lightyear about 5! Buzz was the best – we hadn’t ridded before because of the line, but I loved it! I evilly told my Mom it was too bad It’s a Small World wasn’t open. We ended by seeing Country Bears again – a nice way to end our visit to the magic kingdom.

We caught the bus and went back to the hotel. I mailed some postcards and then we packed up to leave – we were very sad to go!

August 2001 - Wilderness Lodge
June 2000 - Port Orleans
August 1999 - Disneyland

Isn't packing to leave awful! At least you can look forward to planning your next trip. :)

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

The GF tea sounds wonderful! It's on my list of things to do "someday."

I'm really enjoying your reports! Thanks for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter