A Very Belated Trip Report DAY 4 - MK, Crystal Palace,

jesdmill1

Eeyore lover
Trip Dates: June 11-17, 2000

The Cast:
Me, Jessica, 22 and a first time Disney visitor
My Mom – 45, a Disney nut dying to see Animal Kingdom

Wed June 14 – MK – Crystal Palace, Columbia

We were up early to head to the Magic Kingdom. I was very excited – we were having breakfast at Crystal Palace. Eeyore is my favorite character, and I was excited to meet him (I know, but Disney brings out the kid in all of us). We were at the park for the rope drop. When we were finally free we raced for Pirates of the Caribbean and were the first ones on board. This had been my favorite ride at DL and I was anxious to experience it again. I was a little disappointed – it wasn’t the same as DL. I missed the Blue Bayou restaurant and the drops were tamer. The ride also seemed smaller somehow. I still loved it though – I’m a big pirates fan! Actually this ride was scarier than DL’s version I think.

After PoC we headed to Jungle Cruise. The line was still short, so we were lucky to get right on. I enjoyed this ride – it’s corny fun!

After Jungle Cruise it was time for our PS at the Crystal Palace. We waited about 10 minutes to be seated. We ordered drinks (OJ for Mom, Iced Tea for me) and hit the buffet. The breakfast buffet here is excellent, and I don’t usually like breakfast foods. I got cheese grits, sausage, and breakfast lasagna (excellent!) I also got some melon and strawberries. My Mom got pooh shaped waffles and fruit. All the characters came around and posed. I was so happy – my second picture with Eeyore (first from DL, but I look bad in it).

Next we headed into Tomorrowland. I was anxious to ride the Carousel of Progress, so that’s the first thing we did. I thought this show was a lot of fun. I would be sad if it were to be removed. The song got stuck in my head for the rest of the day! I love the cheesy old shows though.

After that we rode the TTA, which we thought was really fun – my only glimpse of space mountain since I won’t ride it! My Mom wanted to do Alien Encounter, but I was a little leery, so we skipped it for the moment and did The Timekeeper instead. I thought this show was ok but nothing special – and there are no seats! I undertand why (the 360 movie) but I was really hoping for a place to rest!

We decided it was warm enough to ride Splash Mountain, so we headed over to get Fast Passes. Our time was in 1 ½ hours, so we headed to the Country Bear Jambouree. This was a cute show – a little corny again, but I love corny! My Mom didn’t like it though – she’d seen it before and said once was enough!

We got some baked sugary dough sticks from a cart and ate those while we waited for our splash FPs. I was really nervous about riding SplM. I’ve ridden flume rides before, but I’m not a big fan of drops really. Still, I had been told it was a must do! We got in the fast pass line and waited maybe 10 minutes before we boarded. I was so glad I rode this ride! It was beautiful and charming inside – I love the storyline! And the drop wasn’t really bad at all, just wet. I’ve been on flumes that were steeper I think. My favorite part was the Zippetdoodah song on the riverboat at the end.

After getting off we got another FP to ride again later. The line for BTMR was short, but I decided I didn’t want to ride it (I chickened out!) so we went to the Tiki Room instead. I liked the old show better – it had more charm. I think the new birds are just annoying. And they don’t sing the whole song! Ugh… some things don’t need updating.

We walked over to Liberty Square and did the Hall of Presidents. I thought this was a nice show. The animatronics were very lifelike, and the speeches were stirring and very patriotic. For some reason, Disneyworld make me feel patriotic!

After the HoP we decided it was time to get some dinner. We went to Columbia Harbor House where we both got the Clam Chowder in a bread bowl and split an order of fries. The Clam Chowder was excellent, and I would definitely recommend it. The restaurant has the atmosphere of a long john silvers restaurant, but its counter service and not a big deal.

After dinner it was finally time for our 2nd splash FPs, so we rode it again (lots of fun again!) Afterwards I made my Mom ride It’s a Small World. For some reason she has a pathological dislike of this ride! So, of course, I made her ride it 3 times. I think she finds the song annoying and the dolls creepy. I missed the outside of the building at Disneyland, but appreciated not having to wait out in the sun. I actually love this ride. There was a father is front of us though whose 2 sons were half falling out of the boat the whole time trying to touch things, while he was oblivious.

After IASM I decided it was time to ride the Haunted Mansion. I love the haunted mansion! We waited about 20 minutes to get in. I thought the actual ride was pretty much identical to the one in DL. It was great fun!

Afterwards we rode Snow White and Peter Pan (both fun!) We were disappointed to the extreme that the Pooh ride was closed the whole time we were there – I’d head such good things about it!

People were starting to line up for the MSEP, so we joined them. I like the parade quite a bit – I thought it was more fun than the one I saw at DL (Spectromagic?) Afterwards we started heading for the buses before the fireworks. We would see them again and didn’t want a repeat of our wait the night before!

We went back to the hotel, watched a little TV and went to bed!

August 2001 - Wilderness Lodge
June 2000 - Port Orleans
August 1999 - Disneyland

You were really lucky with the wait times. Guess that Disney Magic was working well on your trip :)

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Another fun filled day. I also sometimes find myself compairing the 2 parks. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter