• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A version of MaxPass needs to replace Fastpass+

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
Being a Disneyland APer and about to go on my 3rd trip to WDW with the use FP+, I can safely say that WDW needs to follow more of what MaxPass does and get away from the stress that is FP+.

Having to plan and book 60-30 days in advance is ridiculous. Plus the fact that you have to keep checking or adjusting if you do not get the FPs you want or need to make changes.

I say, take out FP+ and give us MaxPass instead...
- Magic Bands can still be used as they will now be tied to the MaxPass service.
- You can only book FPs on the day of your visit unless you are a Disney hotel guest.
- Disney hotel guests get MP for free and will be able to book FPs once they check-in.
- Guests staying off property can pay for the option to use MP via their phones, but also keep the kiosks as the free option.

I like your idea. I'm not necessarily a fan of booking advance FP+ either, as I prefer to be spontaneous.

But unfortunately I don't think it can happen at WDW, at least not during the busier times of the year. Although WDW has four theme parks, each of Disneyland's theme parks has more attractions.

For example, Magic Kingdom easily beats Disneyland Park's attendance on most days. Yet MK has fewer attractions than Disneyland. despite the park being more than 20 acres more spread out.

The reason this matters is that FP/MaxPass and FP+ don't do anything to increase attractions capacity. And with its greater attendance, I think WDW is just trying to ensure that everyone can get 3+ FP selections each day, when you have more people crammed into fewer attractions per park. Disneyland doesn't need to worry about that as much.

The rumour is that in the not to distant future you will be able to pay for fast passes.

I wouldn't pay for fast passes. So I'm an AP that stays off site and I would have to pay to have fast passes on my phone? Not a chance

With FP system, I agree booking is WAY too far in advance. Dining at 180 days should be changed to 60 days.. On site guests should book 30 days out.. And all other guests should book 7 days out. Both on site and off site booking window should open exactly 30/7 days out one day at a time, not 30+length of stay

Meh, I preferred legacy FP. the current system is really inflexible.

I LOVE the free express passes at universal, but that model wouldn't work for Disney as they have far more on site rooms.

Rather than change it anymore, I'd rather leave the current system as it is. Trying to get people to pay for yet another extra would be pretty crappy, IMO.

So you want me to start my vacation, then plan out my fast passes? No thanks, I like the current system. Besides we all know the rumored costs, it's not going anywhere or changing likely anytime soon.

So you want me to start my vacation, then plan out my fast passes? No thanks, I like the current system.
This. A million times. I do not want to worry about planning upon arrival at WDW. That work should be done prior to even leaving for the trip.

Most Disneyland guests live close enough to the parks to easily visit again sometime if things don't go well during their trip. Most Disney World guests come from farther away. After planning a trip to WDW for months or years and flying in to get there, I do not want to show up and find that I can't get FPs for our favorite rides. I want to work that out before my trip, so that when we arrive we can just relax and enjoy what has already been planned.

Last edited:
I'd love to have a system back at WDW where all possibilities were still open each morning at rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter