• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A vent and request for updates for headliners rides reopening this week...

Hoping that everything is back up and running by the time we go in June! Flying from GA to CA, it's a first trip for my DH and 2 DD's. On that note, I see that Disney is starting to post park hours for June, but there is no Fantasmic listed...Is this normal, or does it have anything to do with the DOSH closures?

The entertainment schedule can be weeks behind the hours for posting - I was nervous at first too - but then found out the same thing, so don't worry.

Casey Jr. and Nemo are now "pending" today and tomorrow.

I am so glad we are not there this week. I'm pretty sure I would have a homicidal four year old on my hands if both the DisneylandRR and Casey Jr. were down during our trip.

We went on a tour yesterday and our guide told us that Nemo was down because they were working on maintenance and someone burned the underwater track switch.

They are ordering the replacement part from Germany and have to do underwater welding to fix it once it gets here.

He didn't have a guess as to how long the ride would be out of commission.

OP here,

We got back late last night. We had a wonderful first visit to Disneyland.

I have not caught up with this thread but wanted to share as much as possible about the closures as I could for those of you who are going to visit soon.

The only rides that were always down/closed were Space MTN, NEMO, and Thunder MTN.

We encountered several times when one ride or another was down but only for a while on different days.

RSR, SOC, MB, STours along with almost all the other rides were open every day.

A word of warning, my DS7 was in heaven with MB, we HAD to ride it two times each day, more if we would have let him do so :upsidedow- that's a total of ten rides over five days ::yes:: .

The right side was exciting and bumpy but the left track, oh my gosh, it about separated my head from my shoulders for all of the jerking and bumping :crazy2: .

Both my Dh and I , who ride everything, were sore from the beating that we took on the left side of the MB. It was not pleasant at all so we tended to stick to the right track.

Comparing WDW to DL, we decided that Pirates was so much more fun at DL, Haunted Mansion was not as nice to us, and so we prefer the WDW ride to the DL one. Small world was really neat outside but the inside just didn't feel right for some reason and so we decided that we also liked the WDW Small World better.

Pirates impressed us, the burning room that you ride through was so cool especially with the creaking and swaying of the overhead flooring that was burning- it felt like it was going to fall on us at any time!

Also, park hopping was a dream- walk out of one park and you were in the other by 10 mins max! We had a much easier time with hopping at DL then at WDW.

Also, since DL/DCA had almost all the major rides that WDW has- plus Indiana Jones- ( so cool loads of fun, wish WDW had that ride instead of the Dino one), it was so nice to hit them all up in a day or two and not have to dedicate one day per park or spending lots of time hopping between the parks at WDW. Walking to and from the parks from the DLH was a big time saver over the buses at WDW too.

Crowds were not too bad Fri or Sat, but Sunday was sardine time :crowded:

Monday things started to settle down a bit and by Tuesday it was very nice to be able to walk around and have some space.

We're not sure why R Rabbit's Spin ride has a fast pass - it didn't we didn't care for it as it was disjointed. very loud, and generally we got the feeling of being trapped on this ride AND the spinning circle was very hard to turn- == it was not fun for us at all. There was never a wait for this ride either.

Toontown was a lot more fun then the old one at WDW, we haven't been to WDW for over 4 years and so with the improvements/refubs I can't really compare them fairly.

Here's the biggie.... at DL several rides did NOT have fast pass that have it at WDW, for example, Pooh, Peter Pan, and Haunted.

It was very apparent that the lines moved with so much more ease and speed, that the time in line was really shorter.

While we understand the virtual time in line theory, it was so wonderful to get in line, not have to wait for FP time to arrive or wait around the area doing other things, also, when you were in the standard line, you didn't have to wait on large groups of FP people going in front of you- it was mentally easier to handle then thinking you were almost there then having tons of people keep breaking in line before you.

The parks were very crowded and we were so surprised at how much the FP messed with the standby line in WDW.

Anyway, I hope this post helped some of you relax about the big rides being open or closed.

Thanks to everyone who has been checking in to share their ride closure information!

Thank you OP for posting your experience. We will be heading out in a week and the ride closures were a big dissapointment to us, we are just learning to roll with the punches and just enjoy our time there.

Now the bigger problem is last sunday while playing I sustained a mild concussion. Now I'm really stressing out because if I don't get better soon then I may have to skip out on rides that I really wanted to go on like indiana jones, mattahorn, etc. 1st time to DL so that will be a big bummer for me! :confused3

In the past hour or so, Space Mountain is now gone from the refurbishment list. Anyone confirm anything in the park?

True, it's no longer listed, but just couple of minutes ago I found:
25g8fwn.jpg

My daughter walked by Space Mountain an hour ago and said it was open. I'll go by soon and "double check". In a very long line right now for Peter Pan. :)

My daughter walked by Space Mountain an hour ago and said it was open. I'll go by soon and "double check". In a very long line right now for Peter Pan. :)

Every wait time app that I have (including Disney's own) shows it is open.

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter