• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Vent About Amazon

Does Amazon receive the items without their original packaging then? If they all arrive it one big shipment I can see how they can get scratched and have missing pieces.

Amazon suggested that she ship the stuff back to them. It could have been a nightmare getting my things, but the kindness of a stranger helped out.

They really should have listened to amazon.

Amazon would have replaced the order to you, free, probably using 2 day shipping.

And your neighbor wouldn't have run the risk that you were a psycho just waiting to shoot through the door. Your neighbor did a nice to you, but possibly incredibly risky and STUPID thing.

When I was a rep I explained this to people ALL THE TIME. If you ever receive something that isn't yours, DO NOT CONTACT THE PEOPLE IT'S FOR. The kindness isn't worth getting killed for, because you have NO idea who is behind that door.

I'm packing it up now and sending it back.

Contact them FIRST so they can get a replacement shipment going now!!!!!

Anyway, it's gone and I'm happy.

Oh please tell me you contacted them, please???? If you didn't, do now, letting them know that you received the parts roaming free in the box, that it's not what you ordered, and that you need a replacement of the item with the box (if it says frustration-free NOW but it didn't before, TELL THEM this, explain that you were ordering the one in the proper toy box), and since they changed the page recently, they need to replace it ASAP. Be polite. It was just a goof-up, and it was likely customers contacting them, just like you, that let them know they were "picking" something that wasn't being explained on the page.

Editing. Just looked up the item, and it doesn't appear that they have a normal box. If that's so, be sure to let them know that the packaging of it was NOT on the site at the time you ordered, and therefore this is not your fault. you ordered a certain item, you didn't get it, because the info on the page was wrong at the time of the order. Otherwise you are going to get a reduced refund, and you do not want that.

Yup, like some of you, I am a HUGE fan of frustration free packaging. The packaging waste from toys is criminal, IMO. It's a shame the OP is so disappointed... It's an even bigger shame that there is such a common mentality that things need to be all packaged up to look "presentable."

I would have gladly set the toy up to be discovered uner the tree all ready to go on Christmas morning. It would have saved the wastefulness of wrapping paper, too!

I don't mean to sound judgemental, but I just think this thread is a good avenue through which people might explore the notion of wastefulness. We are SUCH a throwaway society. There was a day when toys were often handmade and were not all packaged up and in those days kids were thrilled to recieve them just the same.

Maybe if we start breaking the status quo for our kids now, they might grow up to raise a more thoughtful and environmentally considerate generation down the line!

I geniunely hope the OP is happy with her replacement, though. It's always good when businesses strive to make their cutomers happy. ;)

They really should have listened to amazon.

Amazon would have replaced the order to you, free, probably using 2 day shipping.

And your neighbor wouldn't have run the risk that you were a psycho just waiting to shoot through the door. Your neighbor did a nice to you, but possibly incredibly risky and STUPID thing.

When I was a rep I explained this to people ALL THE TIME. If you ever receive something that isn't yours, DO NOT CONTACT THE PEOPLE IT'S FOR. The kindness isn't worth getting killed for, because you have NO idea who is behind that door.

OMG, this kind of doomsday mentality makes me SO SAD for our generation. :guilty:

Yup, like some of you, I am a HUGE fan of frustration free packaging. The packaging waste from toys is criminal, IMO. It's a shame the OP is so disappointed... It's an even bigger shame that there is such a common mentality that things need to be all packaged up to look "presentable."

I would have gladly set the toy up to be discovered uner the tree all ready to go on Christmas morning. It would have saved the wastefulness of wrapping paper, too!

I don't mean to sound judgemental, but I just think this thread is a good avenue through which people might explore the notion of wastefulness. We are SUCH a throwaway society. There was a day when toys were often handmade and were not all packaged up and in those days kids were thrilled to recieve them just the same.

Maybe if we start breaking the status quo for our kids now, they might grow up to raise a more thoughtful and environmentally considerate generation down the line!

I geniunely hope the OP is happy with her replacement, though. It's always good when businesses strive to make their cutomers happy. ;)

Too late. :sad2:

The contents were damaged. I didn't get a replacement.

Contact them FIRST so they can get a replacement shipment going now!!!!!

Oh please tell me you contacted them, please???? If you didn't, do now, letting them know that you received the parts roaming free in the box, that it's not what you ordered, and that you need a replacement of the item with the box (if it says frustration-free NOW but it didn't before, TELL THEM this, explain that you were ordering the one in the proper toy box), and since they changed the page recently, they need to replace it ASAP. Be polite. It was just a goof-up, and it was likely customers contacting them, just like you, that let them know they were "picking" something that wasn't being explained on the page.

Editing. Just looked up the item, and it doesn't appear that they have a normal box. If that's so, be sure to let them know that the packaging of it was NOT on the site at the time you ordered, and therefore this is not your fault. you ordered a certain item, you didn't get it, because the info on the page was wrong at the time of the order. Otherwise you are going to get a reduced refund, and you do not want that.

I did contact them. It was an easy process. I specified what was wrong and they are expecting it. I requested a refund. I think it was damaged from the items floating around in the box. I didn't get a replacement. And that's it.

oh goodness I bought this for my nephew for his bday at the beginning of the month. I will have to call to make sure all is okay. it was the frutstating free packaging also..

my boyfriend ordered an ipod from amazon for me for my birthday last year. it came out of the shrink wrap and had definitely been used, because the battery was completely dead. he contacted amazon and we decided that instead of sending it back, i would just keep it and they refunded us some money (i don't remember how much, maybe 50$ or so). i was pretty poed that they sent us a return, especially paying full price for the item. i couldn't believe that they would do that. i don't really trust them to send anything that is unused anymore.

oh and it was a direct from amazon purchase it wasn't through a third party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter