A Vacation From My Problems (A Sept. 2010 Trip Report) - COMPLETED 12/14

You are hysterical. I must get my daughter to read this report. Cannot wait for more...

:welcome:

And thanks! Usually I'm the only one who laughs at my jokes. I think my wife has heard them too many times by now.

RATS, and that was even MY setup!!!

Maybe I made it too obvious by following up. Sorry about that. :guilty:

Dang it!! I slacked again! I'm destined to live with my 3 measly points for the rest of all eternity!

I'll just say this: are you sure about that? :confused:

Great update! I've had a ton of PINHEAD moments and my husband was kind enough to point out how it sounded when we were at Chef Mickey's for lunch and the mom at the table next to us was in full PINHEAD mode. My darling, sweet, loveable husband leaned over to me and said "See? That's how stupid YOU sound."

Great, thanks, dear. Love you, too.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2: I was fairly secure in assuming that most of us have had these moments. When you're a mom or a dad, you really have to have no shame.

D'oh :headache:

I get the stinkin' sewage eating Crab that wasn't even a quote and miss Dori. :sad2:

The funny thing is, my daughter actually did quote that when she read the sign. I wasn't making that part up. She's awesome.

Public Service Announcement:I still see 2 possible points up for grabs. One is not a direct movie quote, but a direct rip-off of a famous gag from a TV show/movie. The other is a movie quote in one of my replies.

Public Service Announcement:I still see 2 possible points up for grabs. One is not a direct movie quote, but a direct rip-off of a famous gag from a TV show/movie. The other is a movie quote in one of my replies.

Well you said D'oh again. I refuse to let that go over my head again. I'm sure that's probably not what you're referring to though.

Pump you full 'a lead (runaway train) = Home Alone?

What do you do, read my posts and copy them??? ;) :lmao::rotfl2:

What, you don't think that's a good strategy in a game where speed is important?

I didn't see that you submitted that one...Mark didn't put it in his reply with the points (I don't think), but based on your last post I went back and saw that you did. Hmmm, there's still one hiding in there then.

Well you said D'oh again. I refuse to let that go over my head again. I'm sure that's probably not what you're referring to though.

Nope, that's not it. Keep trying!

Had to look it up, but "Coming to America"?

+1 :thumbsup2

There's one! Nice work!

I appreciate you leaving one for me! I was too slow in getting started.

I'm sure that's exactly what Nate was thinking: I'll just leave this one for the rest of 'em... :rotfl2:

Pump you full 'a lead (runaway train) = Home Alone?

What do you do, read my posts and copy them??? ;) :lmao::rotfl2:

No, that wasn't what I was going for. It's a pretty common phrase outside of movies. And like afwdwfan said, he had dibs there.

The bit I refer to was a famous repeating line of dialogue from a TV series...later, this series was made into a movie (and the same gag repeated there, too).

What, you don't think that's a good strategy in a game where speed is important?

I didn't see that you submitted that one...Mark didn't put it in his reply with the points (I don't think), but based on your last post I went back and saw that you did. Hmmm, there's still one hiding in there then.

Copying me is ALWAYS a bad strategy.:rotfl2: I may have lucked out on a point, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while:rolleyes1. I've read his posts a couple of times this morning and I can't find anything else... :headache:

And by the way Captain, all this talk about points and quotes, but the TR is pretty good too. I should know, I read it a couple of times.

Why do I keep going back to "back on the mainland"? Wasn't that used in some sort of super hero show? Like the one that had the Wonder Twins on it or something?

But, my guess for the gag is "Best. Use. Of. A. Snack. Credit. Ever." as The Simpsons (even though, blasphemy, I haven't seen the movie). Doesn't Comic Book Guy always say things like Worst. Episode. Ever.?

Copying me is ALWAYS a bad strategy.:rotfl2: I may have lucked out on a point, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while:rolleyes1. I've read his posts a couple of times this morning and I can't find anything else... :headache:

And by the way Captain, all this talk about points and quotes, but the TR is pretty good too. I should know, I read it a couple of times.

Man, I feel kinda bad for you. No one should be subjected to my drivel more than once. I'm actually surprised that this one is stumping everyone. I thought it was a pretty famous gag. I'll give another hint below.

In any case, I appreciate your comment about the TR. I'm glad everyone is having fun with the game--just hope everyone is having fun with the report as well.

Why do I keep going back to "back on the mainland"? Wasn't that used in some sort of super hero show? Like the one that had the Wonder Twins on it or something?

But, my guess for the gag is "Best. Use. Of. A. Snack. Credit. Ever." as The Simpsons (even though, blasphemy, I haven't seen the movie). Doesn't Comic Book Guy always say things like Worst. Episode. Ever.?

Nope, still not it. You guys are working awfully hard at this.

Hint #2: The numbers 86 and 99 were important to both the TV series and the movie.

That's got to be it!!!

I figured out that it must be Get Smart, but I couldn't figure out what the line was.

It must be "would you believe they sat in indifferent silence" = Get Smart!

Yep, I think you got it!

That's got to be it!!!

I figured out that it must be Get Smart, but I couldn't figure out what the line was.

We have a winner! glennbo123:

+1 :thumbsup2

I was going for the full gag:

We made it to Peter Pan, and Scotty and Dave proudly hopped aboard a ship by themselves, rode with no issues, and immediately announced they would ride again.

Would you believe they sat in indifferent silence?

All right, how about: hands over the ears and cowering in fear?

What this tells me is that their writers do it much, much better than I do. :headache:

LOVING your TR so far ... I am not one for remembering movie quotes, though I love to watch movies, but I will follow along anyway for the report and try to play along as well :rotfl:

We just returned Oct 3 and the stupid crane is all over our pictures too!! I didnt even notice it until I looked back at the pictures and DBF didnt want to point it out because I am sure he was afraid I would go into adult crybaby phase which no one likes :goodvibes

LOVING your TR so far ... I am not one for remembering movie quotes, though I love to watch movies, but I will follow along anyway for the report and try to play along as well :rotfl:

We just returned Oct 3 and the stupid crane is all over our pictures too!! I didnt even notice it until I looked back at the pictures and DBF didnt want to point it out because I am sure he was afraid I would go into adult crybaby phase which no one likes :goodvibes

:welcome:

Seems like the crane is the price we pay for traveling during low season. I'll take the crane if the crowds are low!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter