• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A trip to WDW with a 2 and 3 year old and no melt downs? This must be magic!

Breakfast looks great! I'm putting that on my list for next time. Your safaris pictures are beautiful! I really like the giraffes running ones. I like your face painting. On our trip in 2007 my DIL got hers done too.

Great update! I'm excited to see your pics and review of Tusker House, since a week from Friday we will be there for breakfast! Oh, and Brendan getting stuck in the bed? That same thing would totally happen to us! And we have two wild and crazy boys, so picture Brendan times two!

I can't wait to read more!

Great update. I love animal Kingdom. We actually got a shot of the male and female lion out together in the same spot you took your picture.

Oooooooo my my, on the jumping on the bed thing.:rotfl2: If it would have been us my luck would have been me jumping on the bed with him and I would have got stuck. Thats about how I roll:rotfl2::rotfl2:LOL. I always let the kid jump in bed on vacation. I join them too. Shhhhhhhhh don't tell.:rotfl2:

I've never really gotten a good view of the lions. You are lucky! And really, what else are you supposed to do on vacations if not jump on the beds! Afterall, you don't have to make them:rotfl:

Breakfast looks great! I'm putting that on my list for next time. Your safaris pictures are beautiful! I really like the giraffes running ones. I like your face painting. On our trip in 2007 my DIL got hers done too.

Thanks! You know, the safar just never gets old. The giraffes were a treat! This is the second time I've gotten my face painted. They really do such good work. It's like a piece of art!

Great update! I'm excited to see your pics and review of Tusker House, since a week from Friday we will be there for breakfast! Oh, and Brendan getting stuck in the bed? That same thing would totally happen to us! And we have two wild and crazy boys, so picture Brendan times two!

I can't wait to read more!

So sad that I'm just now responding and your trip has come and gone :( I am loving your trip report and am glad you enjoyed Tusker House.

I cannot even imagine having two Brendans although, Aubrey does give me a run for my money too!

Hello all! I hope you are doing well. I am long overdue for an update, so here goes...

So after the safari, we headed over to Flights of Wonder. I LOVE this show:love: I've seen it a bunch of times and it really never gets old, just like the safari:thumbsup2 Here's a shot of our "guide". He was really good...

072.jpg

Ok, here's the deal. As I said, I have been to FOW many times now, so I have leaned all the ways that they pick people out of the audience. In case anyone was wondering, they rarely change these things. Just like at Indiana Jones at DHS. I remember going in highschool and seeing the guy in the Hawaiian shirt get "picked" to participate. Anywho, just a tip, if you want to get picked at flights of wonder, sit in the front left part of the seats and when they ask "Who has a camera" be the first to wave yours in the air. Works every time. That being said, I was there with my sister and her family who had never been to WDW. I told my BIL about how to get picked and he was game, but unfortunately too slow. Some other guy got picked to go up on stage. I won't tell you what they do, but just know that it works if you are fast enough:lmao: All thoroughout this show, they send birds flying around over your heads. Here is a shot of one coming right at my face. I ducked just in time:lmao:

075-1.jpg

Well, the show was a hit and everyone loved it. We decided to head over to It's Tough to be a Bug, but on the way, we ran into my most favorite thing to see at WDW... DeVine!!! She is AMAZING!!! If you have never seen her, it is really worth your time. Just the coolest thing ever. Here are a few pics...

087-1.jpg

091-1.jpg

I was SO happy that we ran into her and that my sister and her family got to see it. Very cool. So off we went to ITTBAB. On the way, Jason decided to go check out the Nemo show since Brendan was getting a little cranky and would probably be scared by ITTBAB. Also, he LOVES Nemo! So we split up. Here is a shot of Aubrey and her cousin waiting in line. I swear, I could take a picture of them wearing potato sacks and it would turn out cute. They're just precious!

100.jpg

And here is the rest of her family... (my sister included)

101-2.jpg

Again, the show was a hit. Everyone loved it and my sister screamed like a crazy person at the end:scared1: So funny. Now, I really can't remember what happened after this but I'm pretty sure we met up with my other sister for FOTLK. It was great, everyone loved it. Then we went on Kali River Rapids. Jason sat with Brendan while I rode with my sister who had never been on it. Aubrey came too. You know this ride, it's a total crap shoot as to who's going to get it. Well, guess who got it! My sister. And guess who was wearing white shorts:scared1: Oh well, she was a good sport about it and laughed it off. That was their last ride for the day so it really didn't bother her. They left for their hotel after that.

Jason and I didn't know what we wanted to do. Our kids were beyond tired and it had been a long and hot day. BUT... it was our last day in the parks and neither of us wanted to leave AK without riding Everest. This is our fav ride!!! We decided to be selfish and make the kids suck it up for another hour or so:rolleyes1 We did parent swap. I went first, and this is what I found when I came back...

102-1.jpg

My poor baby was exhausted but he looked pretty darn comfy so I didn't feel too bad. Jason had propped the two front wheels of the stroller up on a step and locked the wheels so that he would be reclined. Pretty smart move for a dad. I noticed that a bunch of the other moms had copied off of him. This becasme the nap spot. Now, I choose to believe that the wheel propping was his idea because he said that all the other moms copied off of him:lmao: Anyway, here are a few pics from that I took on the ride...

Going up up up..
107.jpg

Look how high!
109-1.jpg

The "broken" bridge...
110.jpg

Man, what a ride. Just so much fun. I made my way back to the "napping spot". I got Aubrey a popcicle as a treat while we waited for daddy...

104-1.jpg

Funny story... so while we were sitting there waiting for Jason, Aubrey started playing with these little kids who were there waiting also. They did not speak ANY English. I really have no idea what language it was. I think it ended up being Portugese but not sure. Anyway, poor Aubrey didn't realize they weren't speaking English and kept trying to talk to them. I heard her resppnd to one of the little girls at one point and she said, "No, my name is not Emily. It's Aubrey!":lmao::rotfl: I have no idea what they said to her but obviously she thought they called her Emily! OMG, so funny. The parents were really nice. We laughed, even though we had no idea what the other was laughing at!!! Gotta love the diversity of Disney:rotfl2:

Jason made his way back to us and it was time to go. A bitter sweet moment. There is nothing I HATE more than leaving a park when you know it's your last day. My only motivation was that our pool and our ADR for our entire party (13 people!) at Boma later that night. I couldn't wait to show off our hotel to everyone. I am so proud of the place, as if it's my own house or something!!!

So, up next, Boma and the end of my report:( But don't fret! Jason and I leave in less than 10 days for our grown up trip to the wine and food fest and I promise there will be a TR to follow:thumbsup2

Wow you got a lot done in one day. You're pictures are once again beautiful. I'm so jealous you got pictures of Devine. The only time I've caught her I was running back and forth for FPs on our 2007 trip and didn't stop to take pictures. I really wanted to catch her in June, but never did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter