A trip to Paris

Isila

There is a big beautiful tomorrow
In Disneyland brochure I've read of 3 trips to Paris you can book at DLP. We're thinking of these two options

Magical day tour of Paris
Discover Paris by coach, visit the 2nd fl oor of the Eiffel Tower and enjoy a
boat cruise on the Seine. Recorded commentary in English during the bus
tour and the cruise.
The Cityrama coach departs from and returns to Disney’s Hotel New York®.

Paris - the evening tour
A short discovery of the major sights and famous monuments of the French
capital in the evening, by coach with recorded commentary in English. The
Cityrama coach departs from Disney’s Hotel New York® and returns to most
of the hotels.
Both get 15% off if prebooked, plus child under 12 travel for free.

As we want to go to Paris, we're thinking of doing one of these. First one is whole day (9.30am - 6.30pm). Second on 6.30pm- around midnight.

Of course, first one has more to offer - visit to Eiffel tower, boat trip etc. But it's a whole day trip... And we've got two kids coming - DS is 5 and friend's DS is 8. Evening one is shorter, but we'll get less to see...

What are you suggestions, opinions?
oh, the first one is 64, the second 40 Eur for adult. And minus 15%. Children would go for free.

Is this worth doing?

I would love to know too. We were just going to take the train into Paris. All we really want to see is the Effiel Tower and the Louve outside.

I am doing the Evening tour of Paris on Tuesday night so I will be back with a report and piccies next weekend.

oh how wonderful!!!! Did you pre-book it? I'll be waiting impatiently to hear your review. have fun :cheer2:

I was thinking of doing this buy just getting the train as our dd's are 3 and 4 so don't think they would appreciate being taken away from Disney for to long!

Does anyone know if the train stops anywhere near the eiffel tower?

I was thinking of doing this buy just getting the train as our dd's are 3 and 4 so don't think they would appreciate being taken away from Disney for to long!

Does anyone know if the train stops anywhere near the eiffel tower?

It doesnt no but the best way is to get off at Charles de Gaulle Etoile - change onto the metro system (dont leave the station) onto line 6 and go 3 stops. get off at Trocadero and from here you get a wonderful uninterrupted view of the Tower. You can then walk down towards it- watching it get closer and bigger.

You can get a mobilis ticket for about 13E which gives you return journey to Central Paris and unlimited use of metro for that day as well

oh how wonderful!!!! Did you pre-book it? I'll be waiting impatiently to hear your review. have fun :cheer2:

Yes booked it last week after spending hours on the phone listening to music :rolleyes1....cost E80 for the 4 of us ...the kids got free

Hopefully it will be a great trip

and the did give you 15% as it said in the brochure?

I'll wait impatiently for you review, but I'm thinking we might do the evening one better. My son wouldn't appreciate going to Louvre :lmao:

I think you can buy your Eiffel Tower tickets yourself through the website and if you do you don't have to do the longest queue (the ticket queue) to go up!

If I were you I would just take the first train to Paris and I'd go to the tower first thing in the morning. Then you have the whole afternoon for getting to the Louvre and you could even visit some of the most famous pieces (only possible if you have the Paris Museum Pass with you, which lets you avoid the queue). If going inside the Louvre is not possible you can always visit many of the most famous monuments or take a boat tour!

As for the Eiffel tower, I highly recommend going to the 3rd floor, it's well worth the wait and the view is amazing (for great views and less waiting you can go to Montparnasse tower instead of the Eiffel).

It's very easy to move around in Paris, I wouldn't take any of the tours for visiting just the Louvre (the outside) and the tower. I can only understand taking the tour (any of the tours) if you don't have the time to plan your short visit in advance, if you hate taking the metro or if you have small kids.

;)

I think you can buy your Eiffel Tower tickets yourself through the website and if you do you don't have to do the longest queue (the ticket queue) to go up!

If I were you I would just take the first train to Paris and I'd go to the tower first thing in the morning. Then you have the whole afternoon for getting to the Louvre and you could even visit some of the most famous pieces (only possible if you have the Paris Museum Pass with you, which lets you avoid the queue). If going inside the Louvre is not possible you can always visit many of the most famous monuments or take a boat tour!

As for the Eiffel tower, I highly recommend going to the 3rd floor, it's well worth the wait and the view is amazing (for great views and less waiting you can go to Montparnasse tower instead of the Eiffel).

It's very easy to move around in Paris, I wouldn't take any of the tours for visiting just the Louvre (the outside) and the tower. I can only understand taking the tour (any of the tours) if you don't have the time to plan your short visit in advance, if you hate taking the metro or if you have small kids.

;)

this is the reason we're thinking taking tour bus instead. Two kids, not much time, kids got no interest in Louvre am stuff like that, so... :lmao:

ahh then the tour is the way to go then :goodvibes

remember there are other tours to other places and cities ...and even Belgium! just in case you're interested ;)
I'm trying to convince my husband to take the tour to Brugges :D

Paris will be enough for us. The main point of the whole trip is to see and say hello to Buzz... :lmao:

oh you won't be dissappointed! Paris is a beautiful city. Maybe one day you'll decide to take a trip to get to know the city better :D

have fun!

this is the reason we're thinking taking tour bus instead. Two kids, not much time, kids got no interest in Louvre am stuff like that, so... :lmao:
I agree with you that the Louvre is not for many children. But Paris, in my opinion, is best seen by foot and Metro, not from the seat of a bus. In addition to the Eiffel Tower, there are lots of things for kids to do. It's easy to get around on foot, and the Metro will take you across the city in a flash. The RER station is right at the gate to Disneyland and takes 35 minutes to deposit you in the center of Paris, where you can transfer to the Metro line of your choice. The cost is 6.5 Euros each way. You might:

Visit Notre Dame on the Ile de Cite. You need only spend 15 minutes inside if the children are bored.

After which you can walk to Ile St. Louis and treat the kids to some world famous Berthillon ice cream. Most kids like this.

Visit Montmatre, where you can see the Sacre Cour and let the kids ride the carousel at the base of the hill. The fununcular (sp?) ride to the top of the hill is a treat in itself and there is a carnival atmosphere at the top with human statues and the like.

Visit the Arc de Triomphe. At the top are the little telescopes that kids love to shove money into.

Take the elevator to the top of Montparnasse Tower.

Just walk around and enjoy the buildings and parks.

Have a great trip whatever you decide. On our last three-night stopover in Paris, my two children, who were 7 and 8 at the time, absolutely refused to spend a day at Disneyland. They said they could see that in the U.S., and wanted to spend the time in Paris, which they had visited before. So don't convince yourself that children cannot enjoy Paris.

We did the Paris by night trip a few years ago and really enjoyed it. You get to see all the major sights and they stop at the eiffel tower for you to have a look round - not very long though!
Only thing that marred the trip was that although being first at the pick up bus stop, we were almost last to get on, due to the dangerous shoving and pushing of ALL nationalities! They were all scrambling for the top deck which was of course jam packed and we shared the entire bottom deck with 2 other polite couples who also got pushed to the back - I must say we still had an excellent view but loads of space!
Figaro pirate:

Mississippian. I'd love to do more of Paris, but this is a trip to DLP this time. O I'd like to see some of Paris couple of hours and then go back to disney. Besides, DS wouldn't like walking around at all. it's not fun :lmao:

Figaro39, so lots of people do these tours? How much time do a tour takes?

I agree with you that the Louvre is not for many children. But Paris, in my opinion, is best seen by foot and Metro, not from the seat of a bus. In addition to the Eiffel Tower, there are lots of things for kids to do. It's easy to get around on foot, and the Metro will take you across the city in a flash. The RER station is right at the gate to Disneyland and takes 35 minutes to deposit you in the center of Paris, where you can transfer to the Metro line of your choice. The cost is 6.5 Euros each way. You might:

Visit Notre Dame on the Ile de Cite. You need only spend 15 minutes inside if the children are bored.

After which you can walk to Ile St. Louis and treat the kids to some world famous Berthillon ice cream. Most kids like this.

Visit Montmatre, where you can see the Sacre Cour and let the kids ride the carousel at the base of the hill. The fununcular (sp?) ride to the top of the hill is a treat in itself and there is a carnival atmosphere at the top with human statues and the like.

Visit the Arc de Triomphe. At the top are the little telescopes that kids love to shove money into.

Take the elevator to the top of Montparnasse Tower.

Just walk around and enjoy the buildings and parks.

Have a great trip whatever you decide. On our last three-night stopover in Paris, my two children, who were 7 and 8 at the time, absolutely refused to spend a day at Disneyland. They said they could see that in the U.S., and wanted to spend the time in Paris, which they had visited before. So don't convince yourself that children cannot enjoy Paris.

I am very very glad you posted this! It helps me out with my children (6, 8, 10) who actaully are very excited to see both Paris and DLP. Plus, I love ice cream :thumbsup2 I had no idea there was a world famous ice cream shop there. YUM!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter