A Trip of Many Firsts (very detailed, Med Cruise)UPDATED 3/8

Your daughters dress is lovely.

Did you take the bus back to the Eze train station? Was it easy to find the stops?

Yes, we took the bus back. As for the stops, there are 2. The one you get dropped at is across the street next to the perfumery, and the one you take back to the train is on the side of the street that the village is on.

Back on the boat after Villefranche-

After our relaxing time in the South of France, we boarded the boat and began looking for something to do. We ended up watching a bit of The Right Stuff in their incredibly awkward venue before getting ready for the night's show entitled "The Dream Goes On" which was based on the life of Walt. I seriously loved this show. It was James' favorite, and was up there for me. It had park music as well as a beautiful rendition of "Go the Distance" which is one of my favorite Disney songs. It was well acted, danced, sung, just a wonderful show. They had animation and video to enhance the show, and the whole thing was just very well done.
Next, we decided to hit up Mickey Mania again. Now, not sure if you remember, but on the first day we watched a MM gameshow and were kicking ourselves for not volunteering since we knew everything. This time, we made a big ruckus and got picked! We began slaughtering our opponents and had a substantial lead going into the final round. And then came...the picture unscrambling. For some reason, James and I have the same brain block when it comes to this particular test and cannot tell which character it is until it is almost completely unscrambled. We came in second place, but had a great time.
Dinner was unmemorable, but afterwards we went with Eliza and Maynard to Rockin Bar D's to see the comedian who was on the mainstage the night before. He a was really funny, very physical comedian, Heath Hyche. This was the adult cabaret show, so it could be dirtier than the night before and surely was.
This day really marked the end of our major touring as the next was to be Ajaccio, Corsica and we really didn't have anything planned for that port. What a whirlwind from Naples to this day! We have discussed that if we do this cruise with Disney again, we will do the 11 day itinerary so that we can have that day off in the middle.

Just a personal note, only a few days until my husband is home and I should have no issue completing the report by then. Stay tuned!

Ajaccio, Corsica!

Today was a holiday in Ajaccio, so many things were closed but we didn't really care as we did not have really anything planned for today. This port is perfect for people who like beaches, relaxing and shopping. That is not us. Although, we did get some of the best pictures of the whole cruise of the two of us here.
1107412.jpg

The best thing about this port is that it is right in town, so you can get on and off the ship at will. We ate lunch on the ship and went back out and walked around a bit. I bought a few souvenirs and gifts here and we just walked along the water for awhile. It is very scenic and pretty, but just not historically interesting enough to be our style. There is an art museum here, but it was closed due to the holiday. We ended up back on the boat pretty early and went around taking pictures since we hadn't really had time to do that so far.
This afternoon, we were itching for something to do. There was a mask making thing for the kids because it was Villains night, but we were too old to participate. And, there was a Latin dancing class in the promenade lounge. I tell you, we were scratching the bottom of the barrel at this point. We went to watch that and laugh at the people who did participate (like 2 old women) and eventually went back to our room to down the rest of the wine we had bought in Barcelona.
This day is what tells me that I don't think traditional Caribbean cruising would be for us. One free, relaxing afternoon, and we were pulling our hair out. At least on sea days, they have a lot scheduled. I am pleased that this day came at the end of our vacation because we really could use the rest by then, but am glad that there wasn't another "beachy" place on the itinerary.

I am absolutely LOVING your TR!! DH and I are cruising the med on the 11-night itinerary in July and we can hardly wait! It will be DH's first time in Europe, so it should be interesting... He's not a big fan of chaos so I'm curious to see what his reaction to the chaos of Rome will be like. :)

We also plan to bring only carry-on luggage with us. We loathe checking luggage... And it's a fun challenge!

Looking forward to reading the last bits of your TR! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DETAIL!! :worship:

I am absolutely LOVING your TR!! DH and I are cruising the med on the 11-night itinerary in July and we can hardly wait! It will be DH's first time in Europe, so it should be interesting... He's not a big fan of chaos so I'm curious to see what his reaction to the chaos of Rome will be like. :)

We also plan to bring only carry-on luggage with us. We loathe checking luggage... And it's a fun challenge!

Looking forward to reading the last bits of your TR! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE DETAIL!! :worship:

Thanks! I'd love to hear how it goes when you get back. I really need to finish this thing so that I can get around to writing one for this year. ;)

Wow!!! I've just found and read your report this evening, and . . . it is amazing! Your writing style is so descriptive that I feel like I am touring with you. My daughter has been to Italy, etc. twice, but she never wrote a " trip report ", for us to enjoy. :lmao: She also purchased paintings and enjoys the memories.
Also, thank your husband for his service and all that you have sacrificed for our country! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter