A Trip full of Wonder and Magic and Wonderfulness! Sep '11 PTR!

:banana:Adam got his passport!!!!!!!!:banana:

I am so happy, finally we have it. Airline Tickets and Visa's Next.

Congratulations! That definitely makes the trip more real!

So on your last update, I guess Richard Petty is no longer affiliated with the driving experience since they are calling it the Indy Driving Experience. :confused3:

:yay: Makes the trip more real, doesn't it?

Yes it does :cool1: I think once we have Airfare it will be really really real.

:woohoo: :banana: :cheer2: That is great news!!! :dance3:

Another thing that can get ticked off the list - good luck with the Airfare and Visa's. Keep us posted on how it goes :)

I will keep you all informed. I have been looking at Airfare at the moment and I am not finding anything great out there :sad2: I could wait for good deals to come out, but I am in half a mind to just get them now and get them out of the way, Because the way that Airfare is going up at the moment I can't see it getting any better.

Congratulations! That definitely makes the trip more real!

So on your last update, I guess Richard Petty is no longer affiliated with the driving experience since they are calling it the Indy Driving Experience. :confused3:

They are actually different companies that share the speedway :car:. Richard Petty is still there and that was what I was originally going to book. When we researched it I discovered that Richard Petty uses Nascar style car and Indy Racing uses an Indy Car (I didn't know what the difference was, Adam figured it out). Anyway Adam is more excited to ride in an Indy car which is similar to a Formula One car. We get Formula One here, but Aussies don't really follow Nascar (its more of an American thing). So that is what we booked for him. To me a car is a car, but it seems to make a difference to the males of the species :lmao:.

I will keep you all informed. I have been looking at Airfare at the moment and I am not finding anything great out there :sad2: I could wait for good deals to come out, but I am in half a mind to just get them now and get them out of the way, Because the way that Airfare is going up at the moment I can't see it getting any better.

It is hard to find good airfare at the minute. I was given a good piece of advice in that to book them and then not look at airfares again before our trip. It's what I have done and am glad.

I'm so sorry, I am really bad at this updating regularly thing :headache:

1st bit of news. We have Airline tickets all booked :banana:, bad thing is they cost a fortune. I just couldn't wait any longer to see if I could get a good deal. I just saw the prices rising and rising so decided what the hey! Even though we didn't get a good deal I am still relieved that we have tickets now. I will stick to Tanz's advice and not look at tickets now before we go.

2nd bit of news. I have booked our tickets for MNSSHP pirate: we are really excited to go to this, It is on 16th September. It is a bit strange to be going in September when Halloween is so far off, but I really don't care. In Australia not much of a fuss is made about Halloween so I am really excited to see how Disney does it. It should be a fun party. I am a little disappointed that Univeral's Halloween Horror Nights won't be on while we are there because I thought that it would be fun to go to a real "scary" party. Doesn't matter though, we have more than enough things to do this holiday.

3rd bit of small news. I have made another ADR for Boma at breakfast on the morning that we leave for home. We really won't have anytime to go to any parks before we have to leave for the plane so we think we will just have a relaxing morning at AKL, watching the animals.

Thanks for everyones patience with me and my sporadic posts :rolleyes1.

Hey no worries. Am glad to see you update when you are able to do so.

:woohoo: on booking your airline tickets!! They cost us a fortune as well but at least it's one less thing to worry about now. I have also stuck true to my word and not looked at flight prices since booking. I've been tempted but not done it!!

Also how great to have ordered your MNSSHP tickets!! We are still undecided on if we are going but Halloween is not a major event in the UK either so it would be cool to see how Disney do it! :cool1:

What a great and relaxing way to finish your trip with an ADR at Boma! As we are only going there for dinner look forward to hearing how you find breakfast.

That's so great that you have your airfare. That's one of the things that always makes a trip seem real for me! I don't even want to guess how much it costs to fly from AUS to LAX! :scared1:

Looking forward to more updates!

That's great news QB...and yes...don't even look at any airfares until after you come back!
Nice work with the Boma breakfast ADR! It's definitely much too rushed to head to a park and then back.

Are you going to dress up for MNSSHP?

Hey no worries. Am glad to see you update when you are able to do so.

:woohoo: on booking your airline tickets!! They cost us a fortune as well but at least it's one less thing to worry about now. I have also stuck true to my word and not looked at flight prices since booking. I've been tempted but not done it!!

Also how great to have ordered your MNSSHP tickets!! We are still undecided on if we are going but Halloween is not a major event in the UK either so it would be cool to see how Disney do it! :cool1:

What a great and relaxing way to finish your trip with an ADR at Boma! As we are only going there for dinner look forward to hearing how you find breakfast.
I am very relieved that we have the tickets booked. International airfare is so expensive right now. I saw a post asking people to say how much they had budgeted in for their Disney holiday and most peoples whole budget was what I spent on Airfare alone :scared1:. I am excited for breakfast at Boma, It is the only place that we will be eating at twice. It will be interesting to see what it is like for breakfast and dinner.

That's so great that you have your airfare. That's one of the things that always makes a trip seem real for me! I don't even want to guess how much it costs to fly from AUS to LAX! :scared1:

Looking forward to more updates!
Yes I am very excited about getting Airfare it does make it seem more real. I think because it is really the only thing I can't get a refund on :rotfl: we have to go now, no other option!

That's great news QB...and yes...don't even look at any airfares until after you come back!
Nice work with the Boma breakfast ADR! It's definitely much too rushed to head to a park and then back.

Are you going to dress up for MNSSHP?
In the coming months when I see flight centre ads I am going to have to put my hands over my ears and go lalala :rotfl:. On the morning of the flight out we have to leave Disney by 11:00am for the airport, the parks open at 9:00 so it really isn't feasible to go to a park, especially since we would still have to make our way back to AKV to pick up our bags. We haven't decided if we are going to dress up or not, I keep thinking of ideas and then rejecting them because it will be too expensive. I will keep you posted if we decide on anything.

Have you sorted out the LA portion of the trip yet? You might be able to pick up an inexpensive costume near your hotel depending on where you are. Halloween is HUGE here and there are seasonal stores all over in giant warehouses, they open in August and go through November.

You never know what you might come up with.

Have you sorted out the LA portion of the trip yet? You might be able to pick up an inexpensive costume near your hotel depending on where you are. Halloween is HUGE here and there are seasonal stores all over in giant warehouses, they open in August and go through November.

You never know what you might come up with.

Thanks for the advice, I never even thought about buying a costume in America. I am sure that you would have a much bigger selection than what you can find here (and cheaper too). I will have to keep my eyes open to see if we pass anywhere. We still haven't booked accommodation in LA yet. It is next on the to do list, can't wait too long though so we will have to get a move on.

Do you know what sights you want to see in LA? I would definitely skip Universal, it's almost identical to Orlando but with less. Without a car you will want to stay somewhere close to a Metro line. However that may put you in a less than desirable part of town.

Let me know if I can be of any help!

No new Disney news to report I am afraid. But I am at my 500th post :cool1::dance3::cool1:. I thought I would post on my own PTR this momentous occasion. It has only taken me 4 years to get here :lmao:, Better late than never :woohoo:.

Signing up! I LOVE your plans so far specially your choices of restaurants. I know you will have a wonderful time.

And way to go o your gift to your boyfriend. He is going to freak out!!! i know it must be every guys dream to drive a race car. Good job! :thumbsup2

can't wait to read more!

Q

Hey Quirky! Just checking in and wondering how the planning is coming along.

Can't believe how close your trip is getting! :dance3:

Well we are off tomorrow morning:cool1: After about 5 years of planning it is finally happening. I am so excited. I am sure that I will have some great stories to share. Hopefully I will be better at writing a trip report than I am the PTR.
Bye Bye
:woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::dance3::cool1: :banana::yay::woohoo:

ps. We are going to Disney :cheer2: I can't believe this is really happening,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter