A Tribute to Mackey Mouse - R.I.P.

While I know you are grieving for the loss of your dear friend, you are so very lucky to have found someone like Marsha. So many people go through their lives never making that sort of connection.

Though I never met her, I remember her posts on the DIS. She seemed to be a very special person.

A beautiful tribute. I exchanged some posts with Marsha some years ago here on the DIS and I believe we lived in the same town.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and you, Carol. :hug:

Beautiful tribute. Thanks for sharing. I was sad to hear the news.

My DH and I met Mackey and Tommy a few times. It was so sad when Tommy passed, and now I can't believe that she has passed, as well. :(

She was always so friendly and outgoing.

My deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

how sad this is, your post really brought this death to a personal level, hey :(

For me, the saddest part is that I know Mackey was trying so hard to prolong her life as much as possible. She knew that she'd eventually pass and be with Tommy, but she wanted so badly to get her Grandchildren to WDW, take them on Disney Cruises, etc. When we visited her in the hospital in February, it's all she was talking about. She was trying every procedure she could near the end to try and get better.

It's just so sad that she never got to do those things that she tried so hard to do.

I met Marsha right before I became a moderator and chat host...she was a bright light during our chats ...AND she was always there when she knew she was needed...She always knew when I was down because I would stop talking on posts...
She and Carol had us in stitches most of the time during our very regular Friday or Saturday chats ...we would bring out the chat tubby and she and carol would share the cattle prod...yah we all were nuts..
When she called to tell me she had cancer...she knew I would cry and then she said...But Marie..its okey...if Geraldine F can live with this terrible disease so can I...she wanted to be one of those exceptions and live...

Thanks Carol for this chance to read all the nice things about Marsha...she was something else...

I just saw Marsha's obit in our local paper. I knew from her posts that she was a wonderful person and her photo showed that she was beautiful on the outside, too.

It did mention her love of Disney World.

So sorry for the loss of your friend. That was a wonderful tribute. :hug:

Carol, With much sadness I'm reading this post. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. I will always remember meeting her at my first Dis Meet many, many years ago (at Natick Mall) and her kindness extended to me and my DH.

Even though I only know of her through everyone's posts, it is clear that she was a lovely, special person who touched all of those who knew her. What a beautiful tribute to your friend, and I am so sorry for your loss.

A most wonderful tribute, CAC,CAC,CAC (Marsha would have recognized that...) :)

You will be missed by many, Ms. Marsha. Thanks for so many nice times shared over the years.

Oh, how sad. She was so consistently supportive and ready with encouragement for anyone who posted on the Coping and Compassion Board. Sad news indeed. :sad1:

Oh, no... I didn't know, Carol!

I remember meeting the gracious beautiful Mackey Mouse at Pete's House during the Mod Meet. She was funny, outrageous and the true Grande Dame! I told her she reminded me of Elizabeth Taylor and she pooh poohed me... but I will always remember her as Liz.

God bless her family. :sad1:

I am so sorry on the loss of your friend. Reading these posts makes me feel like I missed meeting someone grand as she sounds like a terrific woman.

I am so sorry, she was one of the first to comfort me the day I lost my mother, she was always so kind and supportive, she will be missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter