A Trail of Tears from Louisiana to WDW & Back Again! New PTR Link 8/15

Just finished reading the whole TR (started reading 2 days ago). Love it!!:goodvibes I even told my DH about some of it--esp. the heated discussions, we totally understand!! We usually TRY to laugh about it later!!
Love the idea of PaP, never heard of it, but my kids will love it and I've already ordered the necklaces for me and my girls from your link!! (Don't really have a trip planned, but hope to return next year). We were there right before you this year 6/5-6/15. We spent 6 days in the parks and 1 day at DTD. One day at MK was so crowded and record heat 100+ degrees, you can't help getting a little testy!!:rolleyes1 How did you feel the crowds were for your visit? Sounds like you had little to no wait for alot of rides!! (We do utilize fast passes as well;))

Anxiously awaiting MK day!!:dance3:

What fun! I hope they can save the money! Our high school band goes ona trip every other year. My DD will be in 9th grade and this is her 1st year in the band....we have to wait for her 10th grade year. They went to Dollywood this past spring and Universal the trip prior so I am hoping for a WDW trip!!

Loving the trip report so far! I just read all of it this morning/afternoon. haha. It was good fun though and can't wait for more!

SWEET!!!! That would be sooo cool! I remember a few years ago, my cousin got to go to WDW with the marching band at her High School. My high school band went o Philadelphia, Virginia, and Ohio...they were fun trips but wow was I jealous of her!

You will DEFINITELY need two PTRs!!

:cool1::banana::cool1: How fun!!!!

I'm jealous that your supply lists are posted already, I can't even get a firm date on when my 2 yo two day preschool is. And I'm anxiously awaiting my 5 yo supply lists.

2 PTR's needed for sure :)

That is so exciting!!!

That is fabulous news!!!!!

:dance3: :dance3: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

That's fantastic! Hunter and I were just talking about orchestra this week. The high school orchestra got to go to New York, Washington and Disney World. Their orchestra leader (who is also the high school leader) told them that it's possible that the junior high could go to one of those places this school year.

Oh, wow! I really hope that works out! That would be like the best thing ever :cheer2: :banana: :yay: :woohoo:

That deff means two PTRs!!!!!!! Hopefully they raise enough money!

So it looks like 2 PTR's will be needed!

Just finished reading the whole TR (started reading 2 days ago). Love it!!:goodvibes I even told my DH about some of it--esp. the heated discussions, we totally understand!! We usually TRY to laugh about it later!!
Love the idea of PaP, never heard of it, but my kids will love it and I've already ordered the necklaces for me and my girls from your link!! (Don't really have a trip planned, but hope to return next year). We were there right before you this year 6/5-6/15. We spent 6 days in the parks and 1 day at DTD. One day at MK was so crowded and record heat 100+ degrees, you can't help getting a little testy!!:rolleyes1 How did you feel the crowds were for your visit? Sounds like you had little to no wait for alot of rides!! (We do utilize fast passes as well;))

Anxiously awaiting MK day!!:dance3:

The crowds were not that bad! Our longest wait was 90 mins to see the fairies!

What fun! I hope they can save the money! Our high school band goes ona trip every other year. My DD will be in 9th grade and this is her 1st year in the band....we have to wait for her 10th grade year. They went to Dollywood this past spring and Universal the trip prior so I am hoping for a WDW trip!!

Loving the trip report so far! I just read all of it this morning/afternoon. haha. It was good fun though and can't wait for more!

Update coming soon!

What link!?? I missed it somewhere!!! Please share! :)

I think I have posted it 3 times, you might have to go back & look at my comments on here. It's also posted in my PTR.

She had some issues come up back at home & so she is on her way to the airport now. She will be on standby so who knows when she will actually get on a plane & get back home. We had a great visit, even though it rained everyday but today!

So get ready, a new update is coming!

Well, I had been planning on getting Shelby's 1st haircut done at the Harmony Barber Shop. There is a video on youtube all about the barber shop. Brady sees this & immediately says that he wants his hair painted & he wants Mickey ears put on the back of his head & that he wants pixie dust too. Fast forward to June 21, 2010. I wake up bright & early & start TRYING to walk. I had to hold on to both beds & limped around for a good hour. It was like my legs & feet were on strike & would not move. I finally manage my way to the bathroom area & what do I see? Ben's wedding band in the garbage! So wake him up & ask why it was in the garbage. He mumbled something under his breath & went back to sleep. My thought was "Oh well, forget it. NOTHING is going to ruin my MK Day!" (He did dig it out of the garbage & put it back on a few days later, once we returned home.) Everyone finally wakes up & we get ready & head out to MK. We find our bus & not long after, we see this:
100_2855.jpg

Now we had already done Epcot & HS, but to me MK means that I am REALLY & TRULY at Disney! So I was very excited!!! Here we are once we got there:
100_2857.jpg

100_2858.jpg

And who is the 1st character we see? Pinocchio! We had never seen him before! I was thrilled, so was Brady. Koby could have cared less.
100_2859.jpg

100_2863.jpg

100_2864.jpg

After this, I ask a CM where the barber shop was & very nicely they gave me directions. Now every summer, Brady wants a mohawk. I never thought my child would have a mohawk, but I refuse to fight about hair. It's just for the summer & he knows come school time, bye bye mohawk. He decides he wants his mohawk colored green. Here are some pics from it.
100_2865.jpg

100_2867.jpg

100_2868.jpg

100_2870.jpg

100_2875.jpg

100_2878.jpg

100_2879.jpg

100_2880.jpg

He loved it & now this is a must do for him everytime we go! He definitely got tons of attention due to his hair that day! Up next, time for Shelby's 1st haircut!

*****continued in next post*****

After Brady was done going green, it was time for Shelby to get her 1st haircut! Now she doesn't have much hair, but I could have cared less. I wanted her 1st haircut to be at Disney. The lady, Penny, was really nice & we tried to get Shelby to sit on her own, but she was not having that at all. So she sat on my lap. She got covered in Mickey stickers & a toy to play with (not to keep) so she could cut Shelby's hair. Here are the pics, enjoy! And to anyone who is curious, it was $7.50 to get Brady's hair done & $18 for Shelby to get her haircut. Well worth it for me!
100_2881.jpg

100_2884.jpg

100_2888.jpg

100_2892.jpg

100_2893.jpg

100_2894.jpg

100_2895.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2897.jpg

100_2899.jpg

100_2900.jpg

Once she was finished cutting her hair, Shelby received a pair of Mickey Ears & the back of them is embroidered with First Haircut. Something I will treasure forever!
100_2902.jpg

100_2906.jpg

Shelby's locks of hair are in here:
100_3482.jpg

And the certificate Shelby received!
6-25-2010104411AM.jpg

After this it was time to show the Princess her castle!!!!!

Wow! Brady's hair turned out really cool! Love that! :thumbsup2

Yay for Shelby's first haircut! That was on my birthday! :goodvibes Looks like she did awesome! Btw, she always has the cutest outfits! Aww!

Wow! Brady's hair turned out really cool! Love that! :thumbsup2

Yay for Shelby's first haircut! That was on my birthday! :goodvibes Looks like she did awesome! Btw, she always has the cutest outfits! Aww!

Thanks! He totally loved it!

Well happy late birthday! She did great! And thank you! I made sure everything she had packed was Disney!

Love Brady's hair! My youngest got her hair pixie dusted in 2006. She loved all the attention. Shelby's first haircut is so cute and what wonderful memories.

Love Brady's hair! My youngest got her hair pixie dusted in 2006. She loved all the attention. Shelby's first haircut is so cute and what wonderful memories.

Thanks! Oh Brady loved all the attention he got that day in the park! She won't remember it, but I always will!

Okay I'm back I'm back! :woohoo: OMG I am so excited that you might get to go twice next summer!! Keep me updated on the status of that! And I'm gonna vote YES to two PTRs because that will give me more to look forward to! :goodvibes

I'm sorry your BFF had to head home early. I know from your FB updates that you guys were having a blast! :)

Yay! An update!! I can't believe Ben put his wedding ring in the trash! What if he had lost it?! :confused3 MK!! I have been looking forward to this day! I love Brady's hair! It's very cool! And I think it is so sweet all the stuff they do for a baby's first haircut, like letting you keep a lock of hair and giving her Mickey ears and everything. Shelby looks beautiful, as usual! :lovestruc

I can't wait to read more about MK!!

Okay I'm back I'm back! :woohoo: OMG I am so excited that you might get to go twice next summer!! Keep me updated on the status of that! And I'm gonna vote YES to two PTRs because that will give me more to look forward to! :goodvibes

I'm sorry your BFF had to head home early. I know from your FB updates that you guys were having a blast! :)

Yay! An update!! I can't believe Ben put his wedding ring in the trash! What if he had lost it?! :confused3 MK!! I have been looking forward to this day! I love Brady's hair! It's very cool! And I think it is so sweet all the stuff they do for a baby's first haircut, like letting you keep a lock of hair and giving her Mickey ears and everything. Shelby looks beautiful, as usual! :lovestruc

I can't wait to read more about MK!!

Yay! Welcome back! I will definitely keep everyone updated on if we go to WDW twice next summer!

Yes, we were, but something very important came up at home, so she had to go.

I said the same thing. He said it must have fallen in. :confused3

I thought with everything they did for her 1st haircut $18 was not bad at all! I was VERY pleased! And thank you! New update tomorrow!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Koby will be starting 5th grade in 4 weeks. He will also play trumpet in band. Well, I get an email saying that the school's website has been fully updated concerining the 2010-2011 school year. So I was able to print out the school supply list, which is not bad at all this year, Thank God! And I checked out the band booster link. What to my wonderful eyes see. Their goal this year is to bring the band students to Disney World this summer, should they raise enough money! I had planned to join the booster club anyway, but now more so! You know they will need chaperones, and I am just the band/Disney mom to do it! I am sooooooooooooooo excited now! And so is Koby! I just had to share that bit of awesome news, I knew only my DIS friends would be excited & get my excitement on this!:lmao:

Wait, does that mean I have to do TWO PTR's?

Holy Crap! That is AWESOME!! :banana: How bad do I want to be in YOUR shoes!!! :cool1: BTW, Guess what Cj is asking me now... He wants to play an instrument...can you take a WILD guess as to what he wants to play???? ::yes:: :woohoo: I'm guessing it's because of the Little Einsteins...
:lmao:

I already mentioned that I loved Brady's mohawk... as it turns out, it's even better green and with mickey/minnie heads!

Shelby is adorable as always. She looks so cute in her mickey ears!

Holy Crap! That is AWESOME!! :banana: How bad do I want to be in YOUR shoes!!! :cool1: BTW, Guess what Cj is asking me now... He wants to play an instrument...can you take a WILD guess as to what he wants to play???? ::yes:: :woohoo: I'm guessing it's because of the Little Einsteins...
:lmao:

What DOES CJ want to play? I am lost lol

I already mentioned that I loved Brady's mohawk... as it turns out, it's even better green and with mickey/minnie heads!

Shelby is adorable as always. She looks so cute in her mickey ears!

Oh it gets better on Day 2 of MK! We had to make another visit to the barber shop!

Thanks!

Shelby did so well during her hair cut! We had Ashlyn's first haircut at WDW, too, and she FREAKED OUT the whole entire time. Nothing at all could calm her down.

I love that Brady got a Mickey and a Minnie!!! That is SO cute!

Shelby looks adorable with her Mickey ears!!!! She did great!

:eek: about the wedding ring in the trash. I probably would have put it back on for him then and there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter