A ton of questions

tfiga1

Mouseketeer
I apologize if the information is available for the questions below. I did search but could not find specific answers or the information was quite old.

My family has been to Disney 9 times but now that my boys are teens they would like to go to Universal instead. Normally we go the last week of August but we did not go this year so we were not able to take advantage of free dining so it seems next year should be the year we go to the dark side. Any information on the questions below would be greatly appreciated.

Park/Dining Questions:
1. My kids are 15 and 13 and would like to stay at the parks later than when we leave. Is there any issues with kids this age being alone in the park?
2. Can I purchase two quick service meals for one day? I was thinking by buying two QS it would be similar to Disney's QS.
3. If I can buy two QS meals for one day is there anywhere to use one of the drinks and snacks as a small breakfast meal?
4. When using the regular dining plan is there a lot of menu choices that are not included? Do you feel like a second class citizen?

Resort/Travel Questions:
1. Do the resorts offer refillable mug purchases like Disney? If not, do you have suggestions on where we can buy cases of bottled water etc?
2. We are planning on staying in a Cabana Bay suite, but would it be better to stay at one of the other on-site hotels to get the express pass the last week of August?
3. What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? Based on the Universal prices it will be approx. $140 for r/t transport in a shuttle. Is there a better solution (even if it costs a bit more) to get to the hotel without waiting for a shuttle, such as a cab?
4. What is the cost to use the pool table at Cabana Bay?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I can't answer all of your questions (I'm a couple hours away and we drive ourselves), but here's what I do know:

Yes, your kids should be fine at the parks by themselves. I've let mine run on their own and there are lots of school groups that let the kids off on their own, so yours will have a blast running around.

The resorts don't have refillable mugs, but you can buy refillable drink cups at the parks. They won't work at the resort, though. There are a couple Walgreens/CVS locations very close to the resort, but not walking distance. Maybe you can have the cab stop on the way?

I, personally, would stay at one of the deluxe hotels for Express Pass, especially in the summer.

For airport transportation we used a car service. It was a flat 50 dollars each way with tip. Many do a grocery stop on the way so you can get water. Another option is to order water from staples and have it shipped to your hotel.

I wouldn't waste money on the meal plan. It's pretty cheap to eat well at universal.

For airport transportation we used a car service. It was a flat 50 dollars each way with tip. Many do a grocery stop on the way so you can get water. Another option is to order water from staples and have it shipped to your hotel.

I wouldn't waste money on the meal plan. It's pretty cheap to eat well at universal.

do you mind me asking what car service you use ?

Hi I have never answered a question before but your family situation sounds similar to mine. We love the dining plan at Disney and it is always a great value for my two teen boys. But for Universal staying club level at HRH was the way to go. You all get continental breakfast each morning, in the evening they have two hours of hot and cold appetizers and beer and wine. You also get soda, water and juice unlimited throughout the day. No need for a refill mug. and late night a sweets hour. Not exactly a meal plan but it was so convenient. Its about $100 a night but so worth it. Staying deluxe with the express pass and so close to the parks is amazing.We love Disney and it was hard to wrap my brain around a different way of doing things, but your family will have a great time.

I use Tiffany Town Car sometimes. They have always been absolutely reliable. They will do a grocery stop at no extra charge.

I'm not sure there is much value in the Universal meal plan as opposed to paying out of pocket.

Personally I would go to one of the deluxe hotels for the express pass. Next summer we will be staying club level at the HRH. There will be four of us and the club part costs $25 each extra per night. My teenage son and husband will more than eat and drink that value each. I will drink the wine so will probably cover my costs with that and snacking. I concede for my teenage daughter who eats like a flea it will probably be a waste of money.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter