A thought coming out of all the FP+ and other turmoil

I don't get why anyone wants to compare WDW at "$100 per day" - there isn't one of us here that would actually pay that.
Plenty of people pay that much. I have witnessed friends purchase a 2-day park hopper because that is an long as they were going to be at WDW and they didn't need a longer pass.

Problem is, there is a Six Flags Great America, and a Six Flags Great Adventure. I'm getting confused with the abbreviation SFGA.

Dan

I usually see SFGAdv for the Adventure park on other boards. SFGO is Georgia.

Not sure where exactly you live but for all the PA folks around here, there is an fabulous little theme park called Knoebels Grove -- about 2 1/2 hours from Philly. There is no admission fee, no parking fee (you park on grass) and the food prices are reasonable.

Some people rave about the food, to me it's carnival food and it's good but not rave-worthy. It's such a great little park though. We go at least once or twice a year and it's spoiled me for other non Disney style theme parks.

It's awesome!!!

Been to knoebels. You are right very nice park! The pizza there is superb and reasonably priced. Definitely worth the visit to me.

This is why I wish WDW would start adding some bigger thrill rides to their parks. I wouldn't feel as bad paying as much as I do if they had some rides that compared to the ones you find at SF or Cedar point. But everyone always bemoans "that's not what WDW is about!". Phooey I say! This is one of the reasons we now spend at least two days at US/IOA every trip.

SF's went bankrupt several years ago, yet Great America has added cool new rides every year since. This year they are opening Goliath, the Worlds tallest steepest fastest wooden roller-coaster!

I love WDW for it's charm, nostaglia, and creativity but they need to start getting up to speed on the rides. This was one of the primary reasons FP+ was not a big deal to me. How many times can you ride WDW rides :bored:

I agree with you 100%, Bullseye! We love visiting your park. And we will be there this year when they open Goliath. That should be awesome!:thumbsup2

This is a between year for my family. We go to Disney every other year and this is not the year. we're going next year in May. So for a sort of vacation this year we decided to buy season passes for the local Six Flags park (Great Adventure in NJ). Park opened for the season a few weeks ago and we've been twice so far. They offer a form of Fast Pass called Flash Pass - it's an extra charge and we haven't bought it. Now I understand that SFGA is not expressly a family park like WDW, but there is a certain unsavory element there, as well as a lot of packs of unsupervised kids. The staff is mostly new every year and They are something less than magical... a lot less. The theming is generic; everything needs a paintjob, most of the metal surfaces are rusty. They offer a dining plan that includes two meals a day, no drinks and extra charge for anything more than a salad or chicken strips. They also offer a picture package for an $80 price and you pay for every picture you want after that ($1). They also only have photographers with the characters and at the entrance, and they've lost several of our pictures already.

What am I saying? While I haven't yet used FP+ and I do understand the angst that some are going through, I think that sometimes we forget that Disney is still the high standard in the industry. Maybe Universal gets close, but no one else is even in the ballpark. Maybe we need to lighten up a bit. Just a thought - your mileage may vary.
Yup!!!!! All good points---- I completely agree with everything. :thumbsup2

chrismb22 said:
Not sure where exactly you live but for all the PA folks around here, there is an fabulous little theme park called Knoebels Grove -- about 2 1/2 hours from Philly. There is no admission fee, no parking fee (you park on grass) and the food prices are reasonable.

Some people rave about the food, to me it's carnival food and it's good but not rave-worthy. It's such a great little park though. We go at least once or twice a year and it's spoiled me for other non Disney style theme parks.

It's awesome!!!

I've been to Knoebels and will be back there again later this summer. Quaint is the word I'd use for that park. Pay per ride instead of one price, works better for the non riders.

It's awesome!!!

We go there as well for at least one weekend every year. It is a throwback. So family friendly. It has that Disney feel without that Billion Dollar budget.

The food regularly wins awards for best theme park food. Rides are mostly repurposed. Purchased from other theme parks and rebuilt at the park.

We go there as well for at least one weekend every year. It is a throwback. So family friendly. It has that Disney feel without that Billion Dollar budget. The food regularly wins awards for best theme park food. Rides are mostly repurposed. Purchased from other theme parks and rebuilt at the park.

The black diamond is the Golden Nugget that used to be in Wildwood throughout my childhood. This year my son is tall enough to rid.e. Cannot wait!!!

Hmm I called SFGA to ask if there was a flash pass option on the Season pass. They said no. They also said it was run by an outside company and while I don't remember the prices quoted, it was really expensive.

My plan, since I live 30 minutes away, is to get there at opening, ride a few or until crowds get crazy, and be out before lunch...

Also, if you have a season pass, and or a Discover Card you can get in early and bypass the lines to enter at Park opening. Saves much time and gets you on a couple attractions with minimal lines.

The black diamond is the Golden Nugget that used to be in Wildwood throughout my childhood. This year my son is tall enough to rid.e. Cannot wait!!!

Yeah, we were disappointed that it wasn't open when we were there last year. Any word, Is Flying Turns finally open/going to open?????

Also, if you have a season pass, and or a Discover Card you can get in early and bypass the lines to enter at Park opening. Saves much time and gets you on a couple attractions with minimal lines.

The gold pass gets you in 10 minutes early, the regular pass does not. The woman I spoke to didn't say anything about getting in early with the Discover card. You get discount with Discover too, I think...

Yeah, we were disappointed that it wasn't open when we were there last year. Any word, Is Flying Turns finally open/going to open?????

Flying Turns is OPEN!! I cannot wait to see it. Talk about a long wait for a ride to open lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter