• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Thank You to my DIS Chat Buddies!

MeanLaureen

<font color=purple>Slam Dancer Extraordinaire<br><
I want to thank my wonderful DIS chat buddies for the adorable Pooh Gram (well.. Eeyore gram :) )! What a surprise! You guys certainly are wonderful... and Figgy, a special thank you to you... Matthew ratted you out!! ;)

To let you guys know what is going on with me.. Most of you know that for the past year and a half I have been sick. I was diagnosed with Still's Disease. I didn't respond to the normal treatment and last September I was started on chemotherapy drugs to try to battle it and put it into remission, which I thought was working.

Right before the Great Pin Adventure, I started going backwards and was getting worse again. I was able to handle it relatively well... I think it was the excitement of the big event coming up that kept me going. While I was at WDW I started getting pretty sick (hid it pretty well didn't I? ;) ) and by the time I got home I was in bad shape both health wise and mentally. (It's rough taking this stuff for a year!)

3 weeks ago it got so bad that I took a leave of absense (for lack of a better term) from Moderating. I thought rest would help. It didn't. Things got worse. I went to the Dr (which is not easy to get me to do!) He doubled the dosage of the chemo meds and took me out of work for a week. I took my first "heavier" dose of medicine and handled it pretty well. I went back to work this week and I'm still pretty weak and need to take a lot of breaks. I'm also back to moderating but not pushing my time on the computer. (which is why you guys don't see me around as much) I figured I will get through this set back too.. heck, I'm too mean to let it get the best of me, right?

Anyhow.. once again.. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the much needed pick-me-up. I love you guys!!

With all the tragedy and horror of this week, we often forget the heros among us who live bravely from day to day.

You do hide it well, but most of us know what you're working through.

I am glad that Figgy led us to shed a little sunshine into your week. :)

My complete prayers are with you and your family.

And lots of pixie dust!!! Anything we can do let us know!!!

Well, you sure did a great job of pulling off everything at the great Pin Adventure. no one
would have guessed that you weren't doing well... I think it is against the law not to feel bad at Disney

I just went through a horrible year of illness myself, and now that I am feeling better, I can sure feel
for anyone still suffering..I just want to send you tons of prayers from both Raul and myself, and the rest of the family.

Lets hope that you don't have the nickname Mean Laureen for nothing,

And now for a little pick-you-up..If you would like to pick your favorite pin from the ones being released
at the pin-parade this week-end, Raul and I would like to get it for you...just e-mail me your choice, and
it will be our pleasure to send a little more happiness your way..

lots of love..

Raul's love slave..

Lauri, Glad you liked the Eeyore....hope it made you feel a tiny bit better.

Leslie

Lauri..we've not met physically, but I've read your posts for the better part of two years now, first on the other board ( I forget...Resorts, maybe) and then on this board. You always know just the right thing to say and the correct way to defuse or step lightly on a problem post. It's almost as if I know you personally. Please be aware that you are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone whose life you've touched through the DIS. God Bless......

You are most welcome. You are missed from the boards and we all hope that you will be feeling better very very soon. Pixie Dust and Disney Magic....

you or Matt. Please do what you can to stay with us in a moderators position.
Feel Well.

I am so sorry that you have not felt well, I know it has kept you from Chat on many occasions. Just wanted you to know that you are always dancing when I think of you and that others bonk someone now and then just so we don't forget what it feels like. So for now recover under your "poodle blanket" with all their love and heres to many more dances with you.

Lauri:

You kept your illness away from these boards so well. I hope that things will turn around for you and your health will improve greatly. Will keep you in my prayers.

Cathy

Lauri, You know that John and I love you very much and pray for you all the time. God Bless and have faith. Please e-mail me if you want to talk. shirley38

Lauri- I just found this post. I'm so sorry that you've had a setback. I do hope you'll be feeling better again very very soon. You are a super moderator, but please take all the time you need to regain your strength...
Fondly,
Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter